If server transfers were free, would you do it?

Imagine this; Once a year, during anniversary, you can freely transfer characters between servers. Just once per character though.
You sign up for it and it will happen the next maintenance.

Would you do it? if so, why?

I’d love to move all my characters to RP servers. The atmosphere is nice on them and I would love to learn how to RP in game. (so far, I’ve only been doing it on forums)
+I have friends who have guilds on Moonguard and WrA.

I have 10+ characters I’d transfer. Though I am close to 50, those are all alts for achievement reasons…
Alternatively, I’d pay for a bulk transfer. But 25.- per character? That’s just too much. :frowning:

4 Likes

I always thought rp servers were so stupid until i logged on one. Rarely saw people doing that rp crap. Just like hundreds of people actually talking

3 Likes

No, I like my horny realm, it fits my personality well XD

1 Like

Reason my alliance needs to move there. :angel:

1 Like

there should def be a bulk transfer discount or their sales on services should be more often

i’d xfer off stormrage in a heartbeat if my name wasn’t so special to me

2 Likes

Yes. There has been a times I have considered using the race chance but then I just stare at the price tag and stop.

Nope wont do it for 25 dollars. That’s some bs.

2 Likes

I saved up a whole month of no burgers to turn my Gnome into a Mechagnome. Worth it though!

I would need to be convinced I should do it, although if I were to do it, I would probably go to RP realms as well. I had been considering going to RP realms permanently with SL being so bad, but I’m electing to try and stick it out this patch and see how it goes.

Alternatively, I’ve been a proponent of them coming up with some kind of bundle option for a while. For people like me who go through the trouble of ensuring alts and what not feed mains for the sake of keeping progression properly pointed, the idea of leaving behind my alts which feed my main feels bad.

2 Likes

i’d go to Emerald Dream if i could

i would move to Moonguard for sure.

People only looks to the +18 side of the server, but don’t want to see the rest.
Moonguard is the most social realm of the game. You will see people hanging out everywere, talking casually, RPing, dueling, helping in the open world content, interacting each other without being necessary be from the same guild of friend list. This is what a MMORPG should be about.

Meanwhile, at the 2 biggest realms, Stormrage (Aliance) and Area 52 (Horde). We see tons of players, but they looks like bots, just walking around without interact with no one. They just interact with their social bubbles, also known as guilds discord. It’s depressing.

2 Likes

I’ve considered moving to Wyrmrest Accord, though I have no idea if they still RP there since they seem to have shoved Sisters/Cenarion full of non-RP server connections. I’ve heard it’s a little nicer over there but I wouldn’t pay for it. For free, maybe I’d send a few over and try it out, then come back if it was no different. Will likely never happen though. I loathe having active characters on multiple servers for myriad reasons so if one went, they’d all have to go, and that’d be cost prohibitive even at like 5 bucks a character. We’re talking well over 12 characters. Eh, maybe I would for 5 bucks each, but not any more than that.

I would do it, I miss having people to talk to.

Sometimes I create an LFG group called “Hello? Is anybody there?”
My best friend is a mawrat
I just walk the flag back to my base, there is no hurry

1 Like

Yea, I could deal with 5.- each. Still a big number for all my characters, but manageable.
I can easily remake alts, but theres so many characters I have grown emotionally attached to.

WrA is the best horde RP server from what I’ve gathered. As is Moonguard for Alliance. As the big man above said, Goldshire is NOT representive of the entire server. LOL

1 Like

I would do the same. Rolled a character on Wyrmrest Accord to test the waters and I love it. I already have RP decision trees for my characters in game (do I attack this player from another faction/race, do I go for this achievement, this rep grind, etc). Would probably move all my toons to RP servers if it wasn’t so damned expensive.

2 Likes

I need to go there just to see the stuff in action.

I like stopping to watch plane wrecks!

There are one or two older toons I would transfer to servers I play on but that’s about it.

:cookie:

Nope, I like my server

and this is a terrible idea.

I am too fond of these lascivious and loutish lunatics to parting fathom.

If aught I’ve heard beeth true they do, particularly Horde-side, though 'tis cliquish. I cannot say for certain, though.

1 Like

Please do tell why?

Doesn’t seem to be any point to it with CRZ.