If RDF isn't added and Token stays I'm done with Blizzard for good

Way to ruin a great expansion with your greed

43 Likes

do you have any idea how much money blizzard would have made in these hours since the token came out?

A little sub money and a forum post is nothing.

8 Likes

Yeah just goes to show you Blizzard doesn’t care about any of us. They prolly got mad that people were making real money off of gold and they wanted to take over that market. Meanwhile people have wanted RDF for months and they just basically ignore everyone and give BS excuses like social experience. There won’t much social experience soon if all the servers die off

8 Likes

Aren’t you proving his point? I mean you retail folks have no issue with p2w and that’s fine. But with the addition of sanctioned p2w those that wish to play without it will have to go back to where they played before.

I think you are correct. I think blizz will make more money in the short term selling the token than they will lose with players unsubbing. They will lose the players they gained though when they re-launched Vanilla. They will also kick start the very pserver scene they were trying to do away with.

The proverbial silver lining for classic players is they will always have a place to play that is not p2w and that place will be free from retail players so perhaps its a win for all involved.

1 Like

Yeah I am proving his point. I am also saying that whoever wants to protest and leave, isn’t making any difference.
If people want to unsub, that’s fine. But lot’s of people have also (quietly or not) been waiting for wow tokens on classic for a long time.

1 Like

It was a nice 3 years while it lasted, shame, I was hoping to see cata before the shart hit the fan…

6 Likes

And it’s because of those people that are the “Majority” (30-35% of the votes against RDF was the “Majority”) are getting their way, hope they can make up for the other 65-70% of people who either unsub or don’t buy the tokens

3 Likes

The damage isn’t done here. The damage is when OW and Classic players look at D4 or whatever else is next and say: “Do I want to invest in this knowing they may rug pull again?” Fairly quickly that could equal bigger losses than they are gaining here.

3 Likes

We agree.

We will see how it works long term, but in the short term I agree again.

Retail people have been waiting for it not classic wow players. There is a difference in the two playerbases. The later do not enjoy p2w and will find other ways to play it. The gains Blizz made in increased subs will be lost. I acknowledge this will not be a big deal in short term revenue.

Actually, I don’t think this will be too bad as long as they keep the p2w stuff with the retail players and allow those that dislike the practice to have a alternative. Lets be honest Wrath has always been the beginning of retail and the end of classic.

1 Like

I just don’t want Wrath Classic to turn into retail with pay 2 win raids everywhere and have no groups to actually pay the game legitimately with. In my eyes that ruins the game and completely destroys everything this game is supposed to be about.

1 Like

Im very sad about the handling of wotlk ive heard it was so fun but so far my server is dead the good servers were locked and only now that the game has fallen off significantly in hype have i found out they gave my server some transferability finally… RDF would allow people to level alt characters easier and meet more wow players more efficiently. Its depressing to be the only 1 looking for a group on an off meta realm becauae everyone sees them as inefficient to even attempt finding teamates in their leveling process or they are paying for boost or getting boosted by friends for xp.

Sad game sad attempt sad sad sad

3 Likes

What makes you think they won’t shove tokens in classic era as well?

3 Likes

It’s sad, with Trial of the Grand Crusader on the way, it’s doomed before it gets released because of all the people who’ll GDKP their gear and not know their class then whine because “It needs to be nerfed!” due to people not knowing how to play their class…

1 Like

Hello twinfox. It seems you have lived under a rock. GDKPs were rampant since 2020

1 Like

Oh, I know how bad they are, I’ve been with classic since day 1, but now that the WoW token is out, people will be spending 25$, 50$, 100$ to buy tokens to make the gold to simply GDKP their gear to ulduar levels and then complain about ToC being too hard in ulduar gear because they can’t get past the three beasts in their paid for gear

1 Like

People did that before already.
If you are someone that is not involved into GDKPs there is no reason to spend money for gold. Why would they suddenly buy gold and join GKDPs?

but where will you go, OP?

Because they’ve wanted to but were afraid their account would be banned. Lower costs to something, get more of it.

2 Likes

Okay so these people wanted to GKDP but didn’t have the guts to buy gold before. That’s probably 99% of the community and EVERYONE is buying gold now and its the end of the world, according to the forums.
Also, have you thought about the fact that gold is not endless? Tokens do not generate gold. You buy gold from someone else.

1 Like

Ran out of spam flags. Damn. :expressionless: