If RDF isn't added and Token stays I'm done with Blizzard for good

The strawman is dead. Good job.

You call it strawmen. We call it you have no counter-argument.

There is plenty of discussion about it already. We know that token will not hurt you personally in any way.

No it won’t because I unsubbed. But you still haven’t addressed my point so I kinda doubt the value of these threads you’re touting.

You have not given a point…

I just fear the sense of accomplishment will be gone since everyone can simply buy their way to whatever and not have to even do anything, what’s even the point of playing the game at that point if you’re going to just buy everything with real money. I won’t be one of the people who pay real money for gear or achievements

1 Like

Its no more pay to win than it was without the token. You cant just buy a Wall of Terror or a Bryntroll, you still have to do the raid.

Does Wrath need a WoW Token? Maybe if its just to combat gold sellers. Thats the only thing a WoW token really hurts.

2 Likes

Buyers to GDKPs come with greens and do little to no damage to pick up elite purples and overgeared dps carry them for gold. Saying you have to do the raid is deceptive.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to the core value of wanting to keep the social experience as strong as possible, have people communicating and raiding and meeting new people, finding new guilds ect. This completely contradicts that, if you buy all of your gear there’s no reason to even be in a guild

2 Likes

Eh, give it time, blizzard will remove the WoW tokens as soon as the gold sellers sell more gold for a cheaper price and then people start buying subscriptions with WoW tokens instead of actually paying for subs (seriously, a sub is 19$ a month canadian, I could buy 10K gold from a gold seller for 15$)

1 Like

Seems like the Token is here to stay just like RDF won’t be added, Blizzard saw Wrath as a huge way to make money and they’re just cashing in on it at this point. Funny how they released it the same day as bringing back Joyous Journeys to soften the blow a bit.

I’m kinda over it because I’ve realized there’s really nothing I can do and complaining about it doesn’t really do anything except waste my time. I’m just disappointed that the game might be completely ruined by the time ICC is out, and yes there will probably still be no RDF.

4 Likes

That got contradicted in molten core already. GDKP is not new and it was in high demand.

I don’t know about RDF. I hope they add it but I’m fine without it.

But… you do. Again you arent just buying gold and then buying the item like people are suggesting.

Also server community will take note of these gold buyers right and shun them… right? Because server communities… right?

1 Like

Am I just not looking in the right place or is there a curiously distinct lack of the anti-RDF hate mob decrying the addition of the token? Or did they all just quit?

I am not fine with the blatant hypocrisy.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just disconnected from how GDKPs actually run. Not at all uncommon for buyers to just hang and do nothing until the loot drops and pre-buy nice stuff. You’re just wrong on this.

1 Like

What exactly makes you think its hypocrisy? Are you sure you understand the word?

It really is a distinction without a difference. With enough gold and enough time you will be able to buy the gear you want.

1 Like

Where is RDF?

1 Like

What? I don’t know where RDF is. Probably somewhere in blizzard HQ

Well, let me spell this out for you then. RDF isn’t in the game, even though it was an actual-factual part of the original Wrath Expansion. WoW tokens are now in the game even though they were never part of the original Wrath expansion. The justification given by Blizzard (and supported by a small subset of players) for deleting RDF is that it went against "the feeling of community in the original game. But now WoW tokens are allowed.

If you want to argue how that is not hypocrisy on the part of Blizzard, I could use the laughs.

10 Likes