If pvp gearing gets nerfed

I quit. This was the first season I was able to get full BiS at a decent pace on my own sched and I love it.

In BfA I had to raid just to get the slappers that never drop if we ever go back to design where raiding is mandatory to do m+ and pvp or if the gear I obtain with my time isn’t good enough for all game modes.

I’ll probably quit. Only good thing in this game right now is pvp and pvp gearing.

Buff pve gearing don’t nerf pvp gearing.

29 Likes

I take it you did not play in WoD

8 Likes

I did highmaul heroic clear then quit cuz that xpac was trash.

It was the first time I quit wow. Then came back in bfa

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, but PVP during WoD and MoP was probably the best for PVP then there ever was (or will be)
If they went back to how things were then it would be 1000times better then what we have now.

27 Likes

Wod wasn’t trash during the first tier.

Shockingly the expansion was decent up until the great drought of HFC

4 Likes

I’m not talking about just pvp.

Pvp gearing is fine right now.

And the pvp gearing allows us to get BiS ilvl and that BiS ilvl remains BiS ilvl through out the game no matter what content we do.

Now if they made it so 226 pvp gear was not 226 in dungeons or raids

Then I’d prolly just quit or at least stop playing pve all together.

And then pve players wouldn’t have any incentive to pvp.

2 Likes

Pvp gear will still be BiS for pvp

They really should just being back pvp stats

5 Likes

What was fun about pruned classes?

If they’re talking about dramatically changing PvP gearing by implementing a new system at this point in the expansion, it must not be “fine” at all. I’m thinking there are huge participation problems among the majority of PvPers, ie casuals who are getting wrecked by the giant gear gap.

1 Like

The current PvP gearing is fine. The problem is the PvE gearing. The PvE gearing system is absolute garbage and they should extend the PvP gearing system to the PvE side. That will fix everything.

2 Likes

They can change that by great vault rewarding 226 piece for caping at 1600 Cr

2 Likes

If you think classes were “pruned” in MoP, you have no knowledge of how things were.

Actual PvPers who PvP’d during wod overwhelmingly agree that that gearing system was the best.

If what you want is gear with an “I WIN” tag on it that guarantees you easy wins like now, I can see how you might be opposed to changes that would make it possible for players to work their way up as easily as you did.

5 Likes

LOL so make it even easier then it is right now? I guess we should give 226 gear for doing a Mythic 5 or doing a couple of Normal Raid Bosses as well.

PVP’ers want to be able to get gear that’s best for PVP by doing PVP. The proposed change will accomplish that.

1 Like

1 Like

hard disagree. I hated the dual iLvL gear.

5 Likes

Right now, you’re PvPing to get BiS for both PvP and PvE content.

If they buff PvE gear and it becomes BiS for both PvP and PvE, the community will be outraged because that was how BFA was. Are you proposing to have PvP gear as BiS for PvP and PvE gear to be BiS for PvE?

…and if that is what you’re proposing, then PvP / PvE stat scaling in opposing forms of content does solve your problem.

1 Like

You get 226 from vault for doing 15s which are easy.

15s drop 210 but give 226 in vault

So I don’t understand why Mythic raid and 2100 pvp awards same ilvl from vault as the baseline item they drop.

I think great vault should be like m+ vault for both raid and pvp.

Heroic raid should give 226 in vault.

And 1600 or 1800 pvp should give 226 vault options.

1 Like

PvP gear needs to be nerfed and will be nerfed. There’s no beating around the bush. So if you’ll quit when PvP gear gets nerfed, all I can say is “goodbye”.

5 Likes

I’m not saying buff pve gear. I’m saying buff the acquisition of gear in pve.

Bfa was horrible cuz of trinkets and things like slappers.

The BiS ilvl. In context of this season which is 226 should be obtainable from both pve and pvp and should be BiS ilvl no matter where you are in the game.

A few people didn’t like it. I never heard anyone complaining about it at the time.