If Mage tower is back, would make someone not happy?

Same thing with time-limited exclusives and faction-locked mounts, in my opinion.

I really want the Horde variant of the Viscous War Spider from Shadowlands Season 1 for my Night Elf Demon Hunter. I was going to play and work for it, but then I learned that it is unique to the Horde because…?

Yes, because people are vain.

I didn’t do the mage tower the first time, and I wouldn’t do it a second time if given the chance. Players put far too much emphasis on these status symbols, which to be completely honest, don’t mean ____.

Everything you could get from the old days of World of Warcraft have been rendered impossible to obtain damn near. Even if you have things that do mean something, from completing things that truly mattered, no one cares.

2 Likes

Heaven forbid effort is spent on correcting a long-term design philosophy error.

new challenges, new rewards, everyone wins with new content. the end.

To parrot what a bunch of folks in this thread have already said - best course of action is MORE events like the mage tower; there should be more reasons to stay subbed for entire patches.

1 Like

Hrmm yes it is a bit weird that you can actually do just about everything else in Legion yet this is one we cannot. For the intents of people who did do it in the past, I think the original unlocked skin should be exclusive for them and new people completing it should get a recolour.

i wouldn’t say id be Mad but disappointed since i got it done on so many toons / specs before it was removed >.< but at the same time i can finally Finish my Druid and Monk! XD only 2 classes i didn’t finish

There was some level of skill involved in certain mage tower challenges so I totally understand why people like you chose not to do them. Most of them were pretty simple with the kit you had back in Legion though.

Players put emphasis on these items because Blizzard makes them exclusive. That exclusivity was promised when these challenges were released. Much like the challenge armour from MoP. Oh and people do care. You clearly do or you wouldn’t have made this thread lol

I do agree Blizzard needs to get away from expansion-exclusive content and focus on improving the overall game.

Just chiming in here as someone that has some Mage Tower skins, but supports the idea of it coming back on an occasional, “limited-time”, holiday-style basis :grin:

Here is (what I think is) a reasonable suggestion I posted on the PTR forum:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/idea-limited-time-mage-tower-timewalking/1084294

I believe ^ this proposed solution would keep both sides (mostly) happy.

Those that already have the MT skins would still have the “rarity” of their skins somewhat intact/preserved, since Legion timewalking only comes around 2-3 times a year.

And those players that don’t have the MT skins, didn’t play during/missed out on Legion, or just want the skins for their alts have a few days per year when they can have a chance to earn them.

Ideas like this are a good way to “spice up” timewalking/make it more interesting.

They are literally working on allowing a timewalking version of Legion M+, which will supposedly drop up to Shadowlands-level 246 gear… so the scaling/tweaking of this old content is possible.

Well they need to change their design philosophy completely then which will never happen lmao

I don’t care if it comes back. I got what I wanted when it was out.

Don’t understand why people would be upset if it did come back, especially if you don’t even use any of the looks you got.

1 Like

“muh excloosives” is what the pushback comes down to, sadly.

3 Likes

I didn’t make the thread, I posted in it.

My point isn’t about what people do or do not “care” about. It’s the fact that what they should care about is overwritten by things they shouldn’t.

I had months and months to do mage tower. It didn’t interest me. People want it back not because of what mage tower was, but because you get digital swag.

When people can’t even bother getting the thread creator correct, they’re not worth responding to since they obviously put no effort into reading the thread with any sincerity.