If Mage tower is back, would make someone not happy?

“Sighs” Another Mage tower thread “Yay”

Not.

1 Like

This is an insane mentality. They’re special because they look cool. If you only enjoy the skin because you know other people can’t have it you have some issues.

8 Likes

Most players didn’t get them all. Lots who got most would like the chance to get the rest.

For me, I don’t care one way or another. I got the 2 I really wanted, assassination rogue and Guardian Druid.

I m not talking about bring MT back, I m talking about someone who already had think that’s a “privilege ”

I dont have anything from the Mage Tower. I still say the rewards should never
be available again. If they want to have a new challenge. or bring back
a revamped version of the MT. It needs to be with all new items to collect.

If someone decided to quit. Or for whatever reason could not, or did not,
play. Well, they missed out. More often than not, it was their choice.

11 Likes

No, you can’t have them… I don’t have them because I wasn’t subbed… They should be exclusive to the people who completed the challenge when it was current

3 Likes

tldr; “no you can’t have them they’re all mine I was here and you weren’t neener neener neeeeenneerrr”

And then we wonder why new players are turned off the game so easily.

Bring MT back for a limited time during Timewalking (see how that works?) and give each spec a template so there’s no boo-hooing about balancing/abilities/etc. and the challenge can be the same as it was then.

7 Likes

They brought back the Scarab Lord mount and recolored it.

They should recolor MT models because Scarab Lord was a heck lot more exclusive than MT.

3 Likes

You clearly don’t play hunter lol

/cry

Idk I think the hunter look sick. Especially the BM one

Even if they do bring MT back, what will it have to offer for those who already got their appearances?

Better to ask for another MT-like challenge that offers new rewards. Who knows, they might even come up with better looking appearances.

1 Like

I don’t care. I didn’t do it when it was current, and I won’t do it if they bring it back.

If they do enable it again, they should give everyone that did it when it was current some kind of “Feat of Strength” thing. If they haven’t already.

How about “both” - why does it have to be either old or new? Put them both in so everyone has a reason to come back. That’s one option.

It works if they did a mage tower 2.0. If something launched now and had mogs as cool as the mage tower until the end of 9.2 or whatever then imagine how many people would sub to get them so they don’t end up missing them like I missed the mage tower.

Mage tower set up a cash cow which for an inexplicable reason they have not cashed in on yet. Heck I would probably try to do them on every spec incase I decided I liked them in the future

Unfortunately, the topic doesn’t usually play out civilly, but my stance is that IF they can be restored at an equal (or even tougher) difficulty, I don’t see anything wrong with it. Removing content sucks in general, in my opinion.

1 Like

so is a blue gonna bother reading this yet?
or ignoring just like they always do with idea’s coming through.

For most classes, this is fine. You have plenty of transmog options.

For druids, however - it really stinks. Because nearly all the non-standard forms are locked behind this single bit of no-longer-available content.

2 Likes

Call it playing devil’s advocate, but I think if a blue were to respond with anything, it’d only serve to generate more controversy. If it were being discussed internally, I personally wouldn’t give word until I had a good idea on where the team stood on the matter.

Since we can make outrageous demands now I’ll make a few. I want everything ever in the game just for logging in. I want a free subscription for life.

2 Likes

That poor strawman.

Why not give him a break, and actually engage with what the OP is suggesting?

3 Likes