If Kul Tiran were instead Ogres

I think that’s totally off base. Most people who primarily play Horde don’t want Ogres at all.

Most of the people asking for Ogres to be added to the game are Alliance players. To which we say, “Fine. You take them.”

Horde have a long experience with the downfalls of large character models. The elevators in old Undercity would regularly kill Tauren players on mounts, for example. There were Orc huts in Warlords of Draenor that some Horde races couldn’t even enter. There was a treasure in Bladespire Citadel - which was originally going to be the Horde HQ, mind you - which Tauren players couldn’t even loot because of the physics and geometry.

So another big race? No. No thank you. You can have it, Alliance. Enjoy.

1 Like

Blood Elves pre-TBC, really.

1 Like

Yes, but then someone would start complaining that the Ogres were too fat, and why can’t they have body shape alternatives?

1 Like

Dark iron says hi.

Sure…we may have been an enemy in old 1 to 60 days…but we are cool now. and who hasn’t wanted to fire up world ending fire elementals. Fire is cool right, guys?

But to answer op’s question, as I see it yes. If not KT we got and even ogres they’d have takne off better.

even I with some freaky collector tendencies look at me being at step 2 of collect them and go yeah…no. reward not equal to effort here. I did the old way of step 1…prison dungeon. this has been removed if I read right.

Which was more value to me as a 2nd solo clear in BFA. MOtherlode was the first for DI.

And I do do some stuff to collect things lazy does not apply. I mean I made and geared a 3rd DK and then a 3rd rogue just to add +1 to the brute force attacks on legacy mog hits lol. When I say RNG hates my DK’s it means it hates 3 of them lol.

Now a less extreme way they could get them better recieved is no more locks (for AR as a whole as well) and let just roll these day 1.

This long content drought would ahve been perfect. Got nothing to do? well go 60 a KT. maybe find something to like to them. I mean its how outlaw is growing on me. I made the 3rd new rogue that specifically. I am learning to find its +1’s where as before I was tacking on -1’s for not being sub or sin.

Ogres should have come into the Horde during Cata. Blizzard would never add them in right now as that would cause the Horde players to quadruple in number in a matter of months.

1 Like

If they looked like this guy, I’d be pretty happy. I’ve always liked Ogres. Especially after WoD where the quality of the model went up.

To be honest, I don’t think I’d trade them for the bears we got in BfA. I like everything about Kul Tirans and feel it’s a nice change to have an option that looks like that.

1 Like

Prior game data has demonstrated that players overwhelmingly prefer Humans and Elves over any other race.

No, I do not think that ogres would have been more successful that Kul Tiran…Unless they gave them extremely powerful racials

I’m not really sure what’s confusing about this. Just because you don’t want to play a character doesn’t mean you can’t want it to be in the game. I don’t really play DK that often but Death Knights are a great addition to the franchise that needed to be added. Having these characters exist in the game means some people will play them which adds to the texture of the game.

If we only added races that were most popular, the factions would look like Final Fantasy FXIV - Humans, Elves, and Humans with cute animal ears. That’s not really what Warcraft is. Even if only 1% of players play Goblins, that means you will at least see a Goblin every other LFR on Horde which adds to the flavor of the World (of Warcraft).

Anywho, with X-Faction coming soon, I could definitely see myself playing an Ogre Shaman. Most Shaman races suck aside from Orc, Female Draenei, and maybe Tauren. Ogre Shaman would definitely be something I could see myself playing, especially with that Kor’kron mog.

2 Likes

Some insight here:

1. Their waddle is extremely off-putting
  2. As a Shaman, their totems are immersion-breaking

Right so give them to the Alliance. As the Horde got Blood Elves.

2 Likes

I don’t want the ogres at all. Idk why any alliance would ever want them. I think the horde would like them more because they’re similar to orcs. But I’m not saying that either would really love to have them as a whole.

I think if their shoulder transmog was better proportioned, they’d be better perceived.

1 Like

Why? The Alliance as a whole has never cared or wanted ogres.

The Why isn’t important. Sometimes you ask questions - separate from the reality on the ground - because you’re trying to segment the problem with, say, allied race adoption. Kul Tirans don’t have a high play rate (as far as I can tell).

I’m trying to figure out why.

1 Like

Those WEREN’T ogres?

2 Likes

Ogres are absolutely a Horde race. As the game exists right now, it is impossible to LARP a Warcraft 2 era Alliance vs Horde battle because the factions are missing some of the classic iconic races that defined the factions.

3 Likes

All they had to do was put in “not fat” Kul Tirans instead.

If Kul Tirans were just “buff”, instead of fat, they would have been popular.

With the female also having a “huge beer gut”, it was too much.

1 Like

But everyone who says this hasn’t given me a good answer on the Blood Elf question.

It is a bit odd that the Horde got Goblins and not Ogres.

1 Like

The answer is simple. The Kul Tiran design is simply niche in terms of beauty standards. In the same vein most people find Blood elves with the svette figure/slightly adrogenous features more appealing.

What’s funny about this is that the way the XX retains weight and the way the XY retains weight are different. For an XX to have a gut implies extreme weight gain with little to no burn.

And no, I don’t normally talk this way but I’d rather make the point than have an argument.

Less inclined. I don’t understand the fascination with ogres as a playable race. I don’t personally like forsaken and will never play them but at least I see why some people would be fascinated with playing zombies.