If I were a member of the Horde

Luckily the Night Elves don’t have to fight alone, as the Gilneans and the Alliance as a whole is supporting them. But that’s fairly off topic, and I doubt you’d be interested in an analysis of how by the lore we’re given the Night Elves are doing quite well against the Horde now after Tides of Vengence, but I refer you to another thread:

We’re talking a hypothetical where Anduin gets a peace treaty with the Horde and why the groups that want revenge would be forced to go along with it. In this case, the Night Elves don’t have the support of Stormwind

I think you might have missed that it might already be the case that they don’t have Anduin’s support:

Anduin Wrynn says: I wish things were different, High Priestess. But with the war raging in both Arathi and Zandalar, an assault on Darkshore would stretch us too thin.

But then

So doesn’t seem like the people on the ground are really following along with what Anduin was saying. Which amusingly plays into what people have been talking about in this thread:

3 Likes

And where will those Horde forces that are stretching the Alliance thin go once the war with Stormwind and whoever follows them is over?

The Night Elves and Worgen were capable of opening a new front when the Horde was already occupied with fighting. They would be in very bad shape once the bulk of the Horde armies return. That is why they would have to go along with Anduin signing some peace treaty despite their desire for revenge. And I doubt any peace treaty would have those races losing any of their territory since blizz already balanced them back in cata.

I in no way want the Night Elves to continue the war after it’s over. Luckily, your peace treaty likely will placate the Night Elves just as the last one did: the last peace treaty had the Horde leave Ashenvale, and a new peace treaty would probably do so as well, and once out of their land, the Night Elves will probably be happy with the Horde leaving them alone, if Blizzard really does want the faction war settled after this.

But the Night Elves probably could handle the Horde with just the Gilnean’s support, as covered in the analysis I linked to you.

Now here’s an odd idea. If supposedly the territories were balanced after Cataclysm, why did the Alliance lose Darkshore half the end game time? Wouldn’t that be unbalanced?

2 Likes

As oppose to the Horde response to Sylvanas trying to enslave a Val’kyr? Never mind their response to her trying to make a deal with Helya of all people!

Anduin as far as I’m concern is “right” because he is trying his best to be what the Alliance should be, a force for good in the world. No I dont think the Alliance is perfect, but at the same time I think the Alliance should try to be better! If nothing else that is what makes so different from the Horde.

No more than the leverage that say any faction leader has to ensure peace. No one can control everyone, but the point is to try. Of course the alternative is we kill each other, which from the looks of thinks will end disastrously for the Horde, so win win as far as I’m concerned.

That’s cute and all, but I don’t care what Anduin thinks or wants. A problem with the alliance narrative is that it assumes you the player are a Anduin fanboy who 100% subscribes to his idealism. I fear that this convoluted story will bend over backwards to ensure Anduin’s opinion is “right,” and browbeat anyone who disagrees in a desperate attempt to preserve the status quo.

6 Likes

If it assumed that then Tyrande should be worshiping his feet right now instead of going on her own.

Besides, the game assume you like all the faction leaders.

1 Like

Danuser has already confirmed that she will eventually. There are no differing opinions allowed.

The point is people can dissent. People have had differing opinions but ultimately because are the “good guys” they generally end up choosing what is right.

1 Like

They can “dissent,” but are shown to be wrong, and are brow-beaten into adhering to the approved faction group-think. Its A Little Patience all over. Like I said earlier;

Why have your own opinions when the writers will make sure that one of their favored pets is always right?

13 Likes

Op you’ve made it clear in the past that you hate the faction war, and that you love Anduin. I doubt your willingness to understand why a character like him is bad in a war narrative.

Horde players don’t want to take advantage of a nice guy. They want an enemy that they can hate. They want a rival that puts the Alliance’s needs above the Horde’s. Horde players want to be the heroes of their faction, not the villains.

Alliance players such as me, don’t want peace with the horde. We want to at least TRY to destroy them. I want to do bad things to them. I want conflict with a guy like Anduin over methods and goals.

Blizzard isn’t giving us that.

20 Likes

Oh you mean Thrall with the Warsongs? Or Garrosh with the dude he yeeted of a cliff and later the entire horde? Or Sylvanas in about a patch or two? :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I get that from your perspective that sounds absurd.

I literally come from a country where a rival nation tried to execute both everyone in our country and their own who wore glasses because at one point in the distant past the bourgeois of both our nations wore glasses.

1 Like

Im afraid im gonna need a wikipedia link or something. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How… does that even work? Like, if you were about to get executed you just took off your glasses and then you’re safe? Someone pulled out their mein kampf and replaced “racial purity” with “fashion”?

The Cambodian Genocide

People who appeared “smart” or intellectual were targeted.

6 Likes

Yep, it was…not great.

Ah, now that makes more sense. The way Darethy framed it sounded more like a fashion statement.

My bad.

That’s because it uh, kinda was in a lot of ways, the appearance of someone from that era was punishable by death as much because you looked smart as your resemblance to, well, my people. As were a lot of other things, notably you could not for example, sell wild berries you had foraged in the woods because that would count as a form of enterprise, Pol Pot had a lot of wacky rules for what did or did not get you shot in the face.

To be clear: I’m not saying Sylvanas is correct in this statement, it is most assuredly the message of the developers that she’s wrong at this point, but rather her reasoning in a Good War is actually pretty convincing to a lot of people precisely because nations will find literally ANY reason to kill people.

In hindsight like, WoW is made by people in California who don’t really like messages along the lines of ‘It will take near forever for anyone to get along.’ so really there’s no reason to be surprised BfA is playing out this way.

9 Likes

i understand now why sylvanas didn’t killed anduin in arathi.

because without anduin, the alliance would be unleashed and the horde would have been destroyed by now.

3 Likes