If I race change from blood elf to orc

So long ago when I made this character, my gf at the time said the only way she would ever play Horde is if we made blood elves. So here I am. I’ve had this character since Wrath, and I love him. That said… I’ve been thinking a lot of making him an orc (which looks especially badass with this transmog).

My question is, if I race change to orc, will I finally be accepted as a real member of the Horde, or will I always be looked at as a fabulously handsome blood elf?

2 Likes

I don’t know what you mean… I’ve always felt accepted as a REAL member of the Horde. Loyalty and Honor given = acceptance received.

But no, you won’t be a fabulously handsome blood elf any more. You’ll be a big hunky orc.

9 Likes

No one has to know :wink:

4 Likes

Why not just level new alt hunter and get the heritage armor?

If you farm old raids having more than one Hunter is great.

4 Likes

Deep down you will always know that you are a hideous knife-eared blasphemer. That is, until you do the Horde thing of ripping out that weakness and stomping on it, throwing it into a tree, let it build a treehouse, then burn it to the ground.

But if you become an Orc on the outside, at least you can do the normal thing of pretending to be accepted with advantage on deception checks on yourself until you rip out all of the elf-parts and burn them.

6 Likes

The Horde is lost without my Floozie charms :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’m actually leveling a mag’har orc shaman for that armor! This would be a regular ol’ green orc though.

2 Likes

I am questing in Zandalar, and apparently I - a blood elf - am the Speaker for the Horde, so I’m struggling internally too. But I speak for the current Warchief, so maybe I am part of what may be the Old Horde?

2 Likes

Idk but your IQ will drop 40 points.

“Something need doing?”

“Wot more work?”

1 Like

Yes, you will be one of us! Do it! We need more heroes in the Horde!

4 Likes

Nah-- I was once a Beautiful BE. I race changed to a Goblin. Now I get asked to fix crap all the time. You’ll be a peon.

2 Likes

I happily changed from Orc to the superior Mag’har Orc, so you might want to think about that aspect of a race change.

I have changed around a few alts, to mixed results. Still the option is nice.

3 Likes

Zarles, your transmog is amazing!

2 Likes

Your ex isn’t around anymore, time to live life for yourself, make your own decisions!

3 Likes

You will finally be welcomed into the TRUE Horde - Thrall’s Horde.

You will know what its like to be judged on what you do not how you look :slight_smile:

#bloodelfprivilege

3 Likes

I would say this is the case 93% of the time.

2 Likes

Just because you race change to an Orc, doesn’t mean you’ll be accepted as one. You’ll still have all the mental mannerisms that … elves are known for. You’ll need to throw all of your shampoo, conditioner, other soaps, makeup, combs, perm rollers, nail polish… uh, did I miss anything else? Well, throw all that out, then in a final ritual, start to eat rocks in front of everybody and yell out GLORY OR DEATH or something along those lines. Than you’ll be the real Orc!

1 Like

You’ll always be a fabulous blood elf in my heart.

3 Likes

Any race change from a Blood elf is a positive so you’re good. :wink:

4 Likes

Why downgrade?

1 Like