If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

You realize that unicorns are homicidal killing machines and a creature straight out of nightmares right?

I moreso meant the aspect of them being rare. I hope you are not a homicidal killing machine

What happens at Camp Crystal Lake… stays at Camp Crystal Lake.

And on further reflection… this might also explain my pleasant interactions with CS… I mean… do you really wanna be on the wrong side of the man from Camp Crystal Lake?

I’ve played since vanilla. I’ve seen the customer service decline over the years not only in personal service but attitude as well. It went to crap completely when Activision came into the picture it seems. The last time I tried to get help, I was redirected in the loops a few times. I finally logged a ticket and got a response eventually telling me to check Wowhead.com forums. I searched wowhead and it came up with 0 results. I googled the same query and bam! right there was the wowhead page I was looking for.
Blizzard at least let your CSRs tell people to use google or they’ll never get find the answers they’re looking for.

5 Likes

I tried to open a ticket on something and it kept putting through these article cycles that didn’t relate to my problem. I never was able to land on the actual, submit a ticket page, finally gave up. It seems the problem has to fit into a very tiny niche of things they want to field. There is no “Other” option linked to being able to open a ticket.

3 Likes

Not exactly. However the system is designed to only let you submit tickets for things CS can help with. They DON’T help with game hints, bug reports, or anything that the self help systems do.

There is a good article to read on what GMs can and can’t do here
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

If someone needs help navigating the Support system, the Customer Support forum is an Information Desk that is designed to assist with that. The regulars and Blues can help find the right options, articles, explain policies, explain services, etc. They can also tell you if it is something the GMs can’t do, so you don’t waste your time.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/customer-support/13

Again, there are no GMs there, it is an Information Desk.

1 Like

Maybe the bug was your fault

I fail to see how a bug in a game I don’t develop could be my fault, but go on.

In the last five years I have submitted tickets two times. The first time I never got a response, still haven’t from like 3 years ago, and the second ticket they responded by telling me to go to wowhead to check for known bugs and work arounds.

I don’t really miss the awkward RP when a gm would message you in game. I am sure it was designed to diffuse tensions but when I’m having issues

So and so GM materializes
Hark traveler, what is thou trouble?

Doesn’t put me at ease.

Yeah, the last time I posted in “Customer Support” the responses were so rude that I just eliminated that as an option. Letting just ‘anyone’ respond to those topics allows forum trolls and hotheads to post rude responses. No thank you. If I have a concern/question/gameplay bug or just want to engage with Customer Service - it shouldn’t be so darn hard.

3 Likes

That forum is heavily moderated by Blizz Forum Support Agents.

The regulars do tend to be a bit blunt, but they are usually right. The problem is that some people don’t want to accept an explanation of how the Blizzard systems work. Telling someone a GM can’t help with X issue, is not trolling. The FSRs would delete and suspend people pretty fast for intentionally trolling people.

Well, none of those things are something that CS helps with. That is why you can’t put in a ticket for it.

• Bugs are handled by QA. You can submit a bug report in-game or use the Bug report forum. QA documents the reports, researches them, reproduces them, etc. Bugs get prioritized and fixed by Devs. CS has nothing to do with it. There are VERY rare instances where the Devs give CS permission to assist with a Bug while the Devs work on the main fix, but that is uncommon.
  • Game questions are not something CS is allowed to handle. If you have questions you will be sent to the forums to discuss it with other players or to a third party data site. If you have questions about Services or Policies you ask on the CS forum where the Forum Support Agents get paid to answer those.
  • Concerns fall into feedback. CS does not serve as a means for feedback or conversations. They don’t interface with the Devs and don’t pass feedback on to them. Feedback is taken via the in-game tool or the Community forums - like this one.

Hopefully knowing the proper means to address those things helps with the frustration. CS just simply does not do what you want it to do.

If these forums are anything to go by, many open tickets are for things that customer support cannot help with.

A quest my WW needed to continue his covenant story wasn’t showing up and no solutions that I found online worked, so I opened a ticket. Blizz’s CS response? Abandon then retake the quest. How do I abandon a quest I don’t have, Blizz?

Anyway, I’d been on the fence about whether to renew or not. This helped that decision immensely.

1 Like

Telling someone rudely is trolling.

You can defend the current Customer Service setup all you want. You can justify people allowed to be rude on the "Customer Support: forum. But it should not be that way. I am telling you that as a paying customer, I have given up trying to engage Blizzard for any kind of customer service. That is my genuine experience and reflects on Blizzard.

In comparison, I just purchased some software. I have a question about how to implement a feature because the instructions provided aren’t very clear. In my profile is a button - open a ticket. I click that, fill out the drop downs, describe my situation, add screenshots, and Boom a ticket is opened. It should be that simple! I get an automated email that says the hours in which they respond to tickets, which is M-F 7am-4pm PST, so I know if I opened a ticket on the weekend I’ll get a response. Then I’ve gotten responses from their Support team to clarify the question I have about the software. Yes, this software company’s ticket system also includes drop-down for bugs, feature functionality, feedback, etc. They do not ‘narrow down’ what I am allowed to ticket on so dramatically that virtually no one can open a ticket. ETA: I actually just got a response to my support ticket from this company, on the weekend, even when they state that responses will be provided on the weekdays. That is actually above and beyond customer service!

If Blizzard sells people access to a software product, then they should provide enough staffing to support it, and ease of open support tickets - on a wide variety of topics.

7 Likes

I also have no issue getting responses but to be honest I haven’t needed a GM for anything in a while. If I have a problem in game I usually just report it as a bug if it is of that nature then go do something else :man_shrugging: I usually only contact Blizz for in game stuff if its something that is “urgent” like when I changed factions and transferred realms all my Legiondaries disappeared.

I received a copy paste response to a bug report I did about the stewards key being bugged and not giving it you to when you feed them the fruit.

This was my post on the forums.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/stewards-golden-key/740524

When it happened a second time I received the auto generated response telling me to go to wowhead for quest help. Haven’t bothered with this event since then.

Then you’re lucky but that’s 100% a thing.

I also have not had good experiences with customer service. I’ve only opened a couple of tickets over 15 years an have never had one of my problems fixed through it. Recently 2v2 Arenas aren’t giving honor or conquest for wins (or even trivial honor for losses) I’ve missed out on two weekly chests because of it. I have reported a bug, and opened a ticket. Customer service agents don’t even seem to read the ticket, I get the same response each time I respond. I’m just told nothing is wrong, but if I want to I can report a bug. There are at least two forums addressing this issue and yet no one seems to care. I agree that if I am paying for a subscription there should be some kind of recourse to make sure the game is working properly. I can’t just reduce the amount I pay based on features that I’m not receiving.

2 Likes

Ya, sorry that’s a load of bull spit. I sent in a ticket for doing a dungeon where two items were to drop. They did drop, but all the other players left so when I looted the corpse it said I do NOT meet the criteria to loot these items. Knowing I’d need to plead my case I instantly gm ticketed, sending them the time, date and screenshots. The gm couldn’t help me, nor could be bothered to try for another gm who may have been able to solve it.

Their response was literally a copy pasted “sorry this is not in our power to give you the item you deserve”.

Gms back then would literally escalate issues to upper management to solve them, create the items you should’ve had. Gms today are useless as títs on a bull…

2 Likes