If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

Well, the CS folks can’t make changes to the game to grant you the progress. If it is bugged sometimes they don’t even know about it - hence check the forums and if it IS bugged, put in a Bug Report so they can investigate and patch it.

However, there IS a Forum Support Agent comment on that over in Customer Support. It won’t resolve anything, but at least you can see the current status of the discussion.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/vicious-saddle-bug/829300

So basically, you’re saying blizzard isn’t in the wrong, because they can direct me to where other people are talking about blizzard not helping them. Got it. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, that is no excuse. “You’ve already waited a week for our response, so here’s an automated response with some links that you already tried that are completely useless. Oh and we closed your ticket too. Put in another ticket and we may bother reading it the next time around if the issue still persists” is still terrible customer service.

2 Likes

No, I did not say something was not wrong. There does seem to be a bug related to that.

I said you went to CS about a bug when they are not the ones who handle bugs, can’t individually fix it for you, and don’t know the status of it. They DID tell you where to report bugs and where to look for updates.

Their support system is pretty garbage now

I’ve had 1 good interaction out of the past 10 tickets I’ve had to submit

3 were flat out giving me wrong information, and 6 were automated responses that accomplished nothing

2 Likes

Why did you have to put in so many tickets? Were you asking for things that CS can’t do? That is what happens if you ticket for stuff they can’t help with.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

I feel like if people would read about what GMs can and can’t do, they would at least know what to expect and if it is worth ticketing.

1 Like

I think most people that are annoyed, have played since classic, and miss the GM’s where they would message you in game, you could type back and forth, and stuff actually got resolved, everything is just automated to “check forums” now regardless of the issue.

Quest didn’t work
Quest didn’t work
Item restoration didn’t work
Item restoration didn’t work
Account was randomly locked
Wrong item dropping
Item not dropping

Etc etc

It’s not like it was 1 day of 10 tickets, this was several months of useless stuff

1 Like

Not entirely true. They will still message you if it is something really odd and they need to talk to you. Super uncommon though. They did talk to me on my last ticket - but that was in 2015-ish about a game license key no longer being recognized for forum access. They contacted me when I was playing in WoW and did some troubleshooting - and it was what I guessed it was. Issue with D3 being granted from the WoW Annual Pass no longer being recognized by the forum software. So, they fixed it for everyone.

They do Live Chat and Phone Callback for Account Access, Billing, and some Tech Support issues. (super limited with work from home for security/monitoring reasons).

I will agree, like almost anyone else, I think talking to a human in real time is a much better experience. It is VERY time consuming though. Again, trade offs.

1 Like

the ticket system looks like slow , confusing on purpouse.

Unless it is a quest that totally stops progress in the game they normally don’t help. They won’t give quest hints and usually tell you to go read up on it, or drop it and pick it up again. It is VERY rare they are allowed to complete a quest for you.

They have the same tools you do.

Normally that can be resolved with a password reset you can initiate yourself. Otherwise, YES they should be helping with that if you could not use the normal reset method. That should also be a high priority ticket as it impacts total game access.

They don’t get involved in loot drops or explain how the loot systems work. They especially can’t just generate loot for you. They go by the Game logs that show you on the boss agro table and on the loot drop table. The rare exception is if something is a ONE TIME drop and the quest can’t be repeated AND it is critical for game progress. There are times that if that is bugged they will help. *

*Classic operates under even more restricted rules as far as what they will help with because it mimics the environment back then. They did not generate loot for people, fix drops, etc.

Yea, two quest chains both died halfway through it since the quest didn’t work

Nothing like trying to ask for help with it and bring told to go to Wowhead and read everyone saying it’s still bugged

The tools weren’t working that was the issues, the third ticket actually got the person to restore the item for me

First two just told me to use item restoration with automated responses even though I made it very clear it didn’t work

Yep, they should help when the password reset doesn’t fix it, but instead I got to sit there for 48 hours unable to access my account at all and just told to reset my password even though it was done

I got a cloth chest as a plate wearer in a raid, there is 0 reason for me to get that, so yes they shoulda stepped in instead of telling me to “make sure I have the right loot specialization on” cuz dks have a cloth spec apparently

The biggest thing for me is this…I pay a monthly subscription to Blizzard so when I have an issue in-game and I HAVE to open a ticket because I can’t find a resolution through a third party site like Wowhead and their response is to check Wowhead…I get kinda mad. Wowhead doesn’t see a dime from me even though I feel like they are essential with how lack luster the information in-game is.

Blizzard gets the money but the first thing they do is pawn you off on another company that isn’t getting the money to solve Blizzard’s game problems.

Any time I’ve needed to open a ticket, it’s been resolved by a live GM within 45 minutes to an hour of me opening the ticket.

No problems whatsoever getting a timely response.

Right, but unless they are CRITICAL quest chains for the main expansion that is current they normally don’t get involved. Although our lovely Forum Support Rep did help someone find where they left off a quest chain for the Mage Tower appearance today. Those super long hard chains tend to be ones they have some chance of looking into.

Ok, odd that the tools did not work, but then the right thing was to push them and get them involved. Glad they fixed it in the end.

This one bothers me - that should not have happened.

I agree that sounds wrong, and they probably thought so too. BUT they are not allowed to over ride the game loot system to give you something the game did not put in your bags. Even more so if the raid can be repeated after (I hope) the loot allocation settings are fixed. Did that get reported as a bug and did you see anyone else with that issue? Not getting something you want is normal, getting something of the wrong armor class in a modern raid is very odd. That should only happen in old Raids that don’t have the modern looting system. In which case - it is just RNG.

So, of your tickets the Account lock was priority and should have been handled faster. The item restoration was not great, but I do understand why they tried to get you to use the self help first. Still, should not have taken 3 tickets. The rest of the stuff like quests and loot they really don’t normally touch.

This is why I often suggest folks try the Customer Support forum (an Information Desk) first to even find out if it is worth trying to put in a ticket.

Why are you being so accusatory and whiteknighting so hard right now? This is why the community gets a dimmer and dimmer view of green text.

Their support is nowhere where it used to be, even as recently as a couple years ago. When’s the last time you’ve submitted a ticket yourself?

I was not. I was asking a question. One in which the person did reply and we have had a very nice discussion about their tickets specifically and the limits of what CS can do as well as where CS could have done better.

Read my last few posts to that person - I did cover my last ticket and the response.

So basically if theres a bug that prevents me from getting an achivement, or I flat out get screwed out of loot

I should just get bent because blizzard shouldn’t care about that stuff

I miss before the fired all their support staff, basically every was solved with 1 ticket and it was great, now its borderline useless

1 Like

Just a reminder for anyone who tried to excuse Blizzard.

You pay 50$ for the base game.
You pay 50$ every 2 years for an expansion.
You pay 15$ a month.
There is an in-game shop.

2 Likes

Correct. Achievements are one of the things they are VERY hands off of. They don’t even have the tools to touch most of those and if you can’t complete the Achievement for whatever reason, they are not allowed to give you the loot. Old Achievements are particularly annoying because if it is bugged the chances of them fixing old content is low. BUT they will tell you to just wait for a bug fix then do the a Achievement again.

Not saying you have to like that policy, but that is the policy. A lot of this is to avoid people scamming/cheezing GMs for loot :frowning:

That was 2012 when they fired 600 CS folks. Most have been re-hired and support is actually larger now because they have a lot more games to support than just WoW.

That increased demand is a large part of the issue with ticket volume. If it was just WoW, it would not be so bad.

I do AGREE that current system is hard to navigate, they don’t clearly explain what they can and can’t do so players wait days only to find out the GMs can’t help. Etc. It makes for a very poor experience overall. I think that could be improved but it would mean clear communication on Blizzard’s part. Clearly say what can’t be done so people don’t bang their head against a wall.