If I Don't Dungeon Lvl

don’t forget to do it on your alts as well :yawning_face:

What? I thought TBC had tabards for rep gain. Holy moses my memory sucks if you’re right lol

No, that bit of idiocy wasn’t until WotLK, I’m glad to say.

1 Like

For anyone that will take time off work for TBC… if you do not dungeon grind level you will be about 5-14 days behind in progression of those that do, specifically because you will require a dungeon grind at level 70 to cap out quest rep honnored to revered in Steamvaults, Shattered Halls, Shadow lab, black morass etc… THEN you can start doing heroics (and do the weekly faceroll raids)… not dungeon grinding will make a kara week 1 clear very difficult (it adds an extra 70 dungeon grind you have to do anyway).

Blizzzard have thrown a massive leg up to classic raiders and the dungeon grind meta by making heroic keys require revered.

1 Like

Wrong expansion. You have to run the dungeon that matches the rep you need.

ETA Sorry, I see this got corrected later.

OP, also hang on to all your Cenarion plant parts. You’re going to be wanting a boatload of them. Ditto sanguine hibiscus, and the aldor or scryer rep items. I’d recommend doing each dungeon at least twice as you level. It really helps to know them and with the rep later on.

1 Like

You don’t need to strictly dungeon level, but you will need to do the dungeons multiple times to get Revered.

Every single faction has a level 70 dungeon that, even when you do it on normal mode, you can still get rep up to Revered.

Auchenai: Shadow Labyrinth
Hellfire: Shattered Halls
Coilfang: Steam Vaults
Tempest Keep: all of them are level 70 dungeons and give rep on normal mode

So even if you’re 70, you can still just spam those dungeons for easy rep.

4 Likes

“Easy” Oh your poor innocent fool. Even on normal SH isn’t easy for a fresh 70 group.

You’ll get to about honored with most factions by just questing in the zones. Heroic keys require revered, so you’ll need to do some dungeons to get them, but level 70 dungeons give rep all the way to exalted (so in your case, you would need to run shattered halls on normal for the hellfire dungeons.

Don’t feel pressured to grind it out right away. Kara is doable with dungeon blues/crafted pieces, and you can fill in some slots with pvp gear as well (although you’ll want to replace them with better pieces for pve- resilience doesn’t help raids much for most classes).

Kara attune is the only one needed in phase 1, and there are no heroics required. You can get the T5 attunements done ahead of time if you want, which will need every heroic key except keepers of time I believe. But that’s more of an eventual goal- having it done earlier in the phase doesn’t do anything, but try to do it before phase 1 ends.

The only difference between dungeon levelling and questing is about 6k more to be earned in instances. Sounds like a lot, but it’s not that many extra clears.

5 Likes

Thankyou for correcting him, he is always wrong. He even doubled down haha “Oh well I was wrong but I was still right”

Thank you this is the answer I was looking for. Didn’t know if there were any dailies I wasn’t thinking of.

Yeah, and you said the same thing about vanilla, “omg guise it’s so hard so leet so hardcore” and then it got steamrolled by everyone.

“You”

Um… wanna quote me saying vanilla was hard in raid. The hardest part about vanilla was farming the consumes for raid. Naxx was the only truly difficult raid teir which was known. Anyone saying MC was hard was just plain lieing or bad at the game.

Altho everything will be easier now with the spell batching fix. Spell batching was the hardest raid mechanic we saw in classic vanilla lol.

Who? Luckey? It was an honest mistake to make, thinking it would be honored. Since the game is launching on 2.4.3, and in that patch it would have been honored.

It isn’t really common knowledge yet that they were running Revered requirements on beta to be in line with actual TBC release. Only people who’d really know are beta testers, or the really sweaty hardcore preppers waiting for launch day and planning their min max already. (I’m the latter, Blizz has never saw fit to bless me with Beta)

Not really a big deal.

Yes.

Running dungeons to level is not necessarily even optimal for rep, people are acting like it will help you get the rep where quests would leave you high and dry or something but either way you’d just run the dungeons if you need the rep.

The main point of skipping quests is to get gold for doing them at max level.

1 Like

I mean, running dungeons is definitely optimal for rep. Given most factions won’t even get you to honored doing all of their quests while leveling, and you need Revered to unlock heroics… also, pretty sure getting 2k rep per steam vault run and doing that every 20 minutes is going to out pace what you earn questing… particularly when not all quests in a zone actually aware rep either.

So not only are dungeons optimal, they are often the only option to gain rep. The only exceptions to this are factions not tied to dungeon reps.

You’re assuming a pre-made group willing to repeatedly run dungeons in an optimal setting versus the OP having no clue about reps. Somebody without that information probably doesn’t have a preset group of optimal players willing to grind that out.

So yeah, dungeons are not necessarily optimal for rep. Spending 90 minutes in a dungeon isn’t great rep, which is what is closer to reality for the majority of players.

of course this comes out of a furry shaman aahahhahahha retail is such hot garbage

Again… considering Dungeons are your only path to Reveered for heroics, or Exalted for patterns/etc. They aren’t only optimal. They are the only option for 4 primary factions. Not sure why this is a discussion. Questing can’t get you there. There aren’t any turn ins to get you there. Only dungeons.

We’re talking about skipping questing to dungeon level dude. As in, the guy is afraid if he doesn’t go 60-70 in dungeons while skipping quests, he won’t get the rep he needs.

1 Like