If I don't do rated I'm only able to get max 200 gear

Why do you need high-rated PvP gear if you’re doing Random Bgs against lower geared players?

9 Likes

Exactly Rated gear was indeed better but so not much better it made a huge crutch for bad players. Now you could fight an awful 220+ geared players and play amazingly and still die!

Guess we’ll see just how well this pans out big picture … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sometimes some of the things people actually say…

2 Likes

Because you actually fight people in high-rated gear in the random BGs, rated BGs and arena. It’s not rocket science.

8 Likes

the casual base simply needs access to conquest gear before the end of the expansion. for egg heads like me, time is not the issue. it’s all about the journey.

when in Rome … :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Look. Another one.

Kelafein
Honor Level 31
Item Level 179
No rated matches in SL

Offers opinion that the system is fine when he doesn’t even play the system.

3 Likes

IE, they don’t give a flying #@#@ about gear and just want competitive and fun pvp. But, materialism wins the day.

2 Likes

It was fine till now but it’s getting harder now that a lot of ppl are pretty geared and have also socketed all or most of their gear. The end of this patch is gonna be rough for the unrated folk.

Met a Disc Priest in AV couple of days back ., I swear it was easier to kill Balinda than him . He single handledly prevented cap of SHB for 3-4 minutes against 5 ppl. Checked him out later , almost fully mythic geared with sockets on a lot of gear. Unkillable.

4 Likes

Last night was horrendous, I just logged out of a bg and exited game! The entire opposing team had 8,000 hp more then me and it was obvious there was nothing I could do fighting all these 215-220 ilvl players with my measly 198 gear.

I tried! I gave it the old school go, I beat on a druid for what felt like 3 mins, I couldn’t get the healer low enough to even be a threat, other than intervening our FC and piling up damage on the meter, I did nothing but spawn, fight die, spawn fight die spawn fight die over and over.

Sickening!

1 Like

You have 3 heroic leaps so you can atleast run away :joy:

1 Like

Just my opinion, but: if you’re doing unrated pvp right now without the gear to back you up, you are complete fodder and a chump. Your entire purpose is to make those with gear feel good. It’s that simple. This expansion is built around catering to the pvp elite (or those willing to pay for carries). Basically, the pvp progression system goes: low rated, mid rated, high rated, random bgs/skirmishes, in that order. Unrated pvp as it currently stands is a reward for getting good pvp gear.

Yes.

Why not just do a bit of rated!? It’s pants-on-head stupid easy to get 1600 in rbgs, then you can get that sweet heroic raid equivalent gear.

1 Like

All the horrible rated players are now 35k+ and are going to beat newbs in casual threads by default plus he probably just doesn’t find it fun.

To add shame to it all if he posts on here about how bad it is he’s going to get daisyied about his horrible arena rated is. LOL :slight_smile:

LOL as if there aren’t a ton of lower geared yolo rbgs. Cmon my dude. People have alts they want to do RBGs on all the time. This idea that you can’t find groups unless your 215+ is just false.

Not sure why anyone would shame arena rating in a battleground thread lol but yeah you not wrong, people do love to pull up the old armory profile when they disagree. It’s the way of the forums.

2 Likes

This, I’d love for random bg players to have gear on par with me. I’m more than confident I can win with equal gear. Locking gear behind rating has always been beyond stupid.

3 Likes

I mean it’s OK even if you lose, but at least you have the opportunity to outplay. The thing that is mind boggling is you would expect that the “thill of battle/competition” would be paramount to most rated players and it is for some.

Just a lot of dudes on here who seem to simply want/need/enjoy the whole rolling people over and mask it with the “gg queue rated if you want to compete scrub” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh this is beautiful to read, a prot player feeling useless and exiting the game.

I wasn’t Prot? I play Prot on Epic bgs with bosses only.

Oh this is great news!!