If I decide to play Classic

Do I have to start from the beginning to get to TBC and will there be anyone there?

Are they moving to tbc right away? Also, what does it mean to clone? Isn’t both tbc the same?

Not sure how it works and if it’s better to stay in Retail. I thought maybe going back I would learn things I didn’t know when I started in MoP.

If nobody’s there to help what’s the point? And why would one want to play two different tbc? I’m just not sure how they could be different…???

4 Likes

TBC will feel WAY different (and imo better). Can’t really speak for the community, but definitely try to find a guild.

TBC is fun! Go for it!

2 Likes

Could just start on a TBC server during the prepatch period. Plenty of other people will probably be leveling to 60 as well.

2 Likes

When the prepatch starts on May 18th you will be able to chose which era you want to play in.

2 Likes

Cloning means you choose to take your character into Outland at 58+ but still want a copy of that character to remain at max 60 and be on the “classic era” servers where there is no Outland.

1 Like

I think that’s what it means to copy your character from classic over to burning crusade classic. That character would exist in both “games”.

1 Like

That’s not entirely accurate. Blizzard is putting all of our toons on both TBC and Classic. So on May 18th if you log in to both era servers you will see your toons on both without having done anything. You just decide which ones you want to be active on which era. That’s it.

3 Likes

What do you mean 2 different TBC? There’s just going to be one TBC.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see. I thought it was only to keep the Classic era, since the natural progression would be Classic > TBC. But making both options initially free to the player is a good idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, this highlights how little I know about the whole alternate story and play at the time. Some things when I started I just didn’t understand and still don’t.

Maybe some of the books I have can explain.

1 Like

Yep. Both versions are still free. You ONLY pay if for instance I wanted to play my rogue here in both Classic AND TBC era servers. On day 1 I can choose which era I want to play in for free. I’m choosing TBC. If I want to play classic later then I just need to log in to classic and pay the 35$ and activate the toon. It will already be in Classic Era. It will just show as inactive until I choose to activate it.

1 Like

And you have to pay extra. Do people really help each other out?

Its gonna remove some grind for sure.

Only goes up to heroic lol. SL can be a fun cycle of pvp gearing to run mythic lower. mythic lower to run heroic raid. heroic raid to clear score for mid mythic dungeon. mid mythic dungeon to hit mythic raid. Mythic raid to clear high mythic dungeon.

TBC will be so I jsut spam normal to run heroic? that’s it? Really? And if you don’t need best gear ever…well it reduces heroic spam.

Some have said attunements. We have been there lol…Many times…

Oh goes the bfa vendor. this recipe needs rep.

Can my exalted char buy it and trade to alt?

Hell no…bop. That alt grinds rep too. and before you ask yeah that 3rd alt for a 3 rd crafting recipe rep grinds too.

In game? I’m literally in a group doing a quest right now. Tons of people are leveling.

Also, if you mean paying extra… Every character gets to be activated for free the first time. Its only the second time you have to pay for.

For instance:

My rogue will be on BOTH TBC and Classic Era servers on May 18th. I get to pick which one I want to play on for FREE. If I choose TBC for my rogue its free and my classic rogue will go inactive. If I want to play on Classic then I have to pay 35$. I really don’t know how to be more clear about it. Just go read the support article.

2 Likes

All those things are why I don’t play retail. I prefer classic. You have to think of each character as a person in the world. They have to earn things themselves. Its an mmoRPG in classic. Retail is no longer a RPG. It’s barely an MMO. Sure you still see people in the world but its mostly a single player game.

4 Likes

I’m only like 28 on Classic and I dunno if I should stay or go. Don’t wanna be sitting around with no one doing low dungeons. /:

you can buy a boost to lvl 58 also, instead of starting lvl 1, i would start at lvl 1 myself, cloning is for when you want to keep a character in a classic vanilla server and also go to the BC servers using the same character, basically cloning 1 character to 2 servers.

2 Likes

You are precisely the target audience for the dark portal pass, get your wallet out :laughing:

What realm are you on? There are people all over the place on my realm leveling getting ready for TBC. If you aren’t getting groups or leveling its probably your own fault unless you are on a low pop realm.

Yes, if I want to experience the story and immerse myself that’s how I’d do it. Otherwise what’s the point.

1 Like