If I decide to play Classic

i think they are giving a leveling boost for 2 weeks once pre patch starts

I mean when you have to choose. If I stay in Classic, I dunno about the population and am thinking it’s better just to follow the crowd into TBC and hope they still wanna do low level stuff.

I’m on Pagle.

1 Like

Runetotem. Since I started Alliance I’d go Horde this time - and that server is mostly Horde.

ohh yeah… the pop on the classic era realms are gonna be really low. If you want to play there id suggest getting to 60 as soon as you can. They aren’t going to consolidate the servers down to 2-3 classic era servers. You’ll still be on Pagle - classic era and only the people who choose to stick around in classic will be there.

2 Likes

lol I was asking Reynn and I was referring to classic realms. All I know about runetotem is that its a retail realm and I don’t play retail.

1 Like

classic has a big following still , always be able to find people, there will be a ton of people who do not want to spend money and will start lvl 1 and keep servers busy.

1 Like

Some if like me aren’t playing classic now now.

I want a blood elf. We get that later this month. ONly playing one char so until may 18th I look at the night elf and I go yeah…no.

Till then I spam isk making in eve. Buffer up the wallet for the predicted shift of some time to tbc soon lol.

I looked at retail in resub and said nah. May do some ICC runs is all. Haven’t had my several doses of Invincible failure in a while. Time to relive old times maybe lol.

1 Like

Ppl are more helpful, but selling carries is as big on classic as is on retail

Just be aware

1 Like

What is the best server?

I mean you could start making gold and bags to give to your blood elf when tbc comes out… at least then you wouldn’t be starting 100% from scratch. But if that’s what you want to do then you do you! I’m sure youll have fun regardless.

My advice is just take some time and check some classic servers out before you make your home. Each is different from how people are, leveling, how prevent boosting is and other things. People on the forums could tell you all day how good or bad a server is but the best way to try is just to test it out for yourself and find your home.

1 Like

There is no best server. It just depends what you are looking for. Do you want pvp or pve? do you want high, medium, or low pop. Basically, you just have to figure out what you want in a realm and then search for the realm that best meets those needs.

I’d say don’t worry about cloning. You can start now, just move along to TBC in 8 days, and just enjoy the process.

Leveling in Classic is a bit harder and can often be tedious, but there’s a lot going on with growing your character. Professions are great to have to level alongside you, you’ll level your weapon skills, and it’s more about kill EXP than quest EXP.

But I really enjoy this over the current process on retail. Leveling is the game, more or less, although TBC raids were excellent.

We have a horde guild on Mankrik, but most people are happy to be helpful. Server communities are a thing. If you run into someone questing, you’ll probably see them again. No strangers from strange servers you’ll never talk to again.

If you’re going alliance, I suggest checking out a server like Pagel.

1 Like

Well I’m Alliance so I looked up to see which populated Alliance I can jump into, so far no issues and plenty of peeps around. If you want Horde, I think is it Mankrik for PvE or something? I think you’d have to look it up and go from there. I didn’t want any PvP too.

1 Like

Can you still send gold to a character on Classic?

When TBC classic launches, if you start playing on the day it launches you will have to start from level 1 and get to level 58 at a minimum before you can move on to TBC content. People should be there, given that TBC was very popular, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding groups for dungeons and the like.

When TBC Classic pre-patch launches next week, all current classic servers will be turned into TBC classic servers. As for the cloning system well that’s a bit complicated. Here’s how it works:

When the pre-patch launches, if you have an existing character on classic realms you’ll be prompted to select between one of two options. Option 1: Your character stays on the TBC realm and gets to move into TBC content. Option 2: Your character is moved to a classic WoW only realm and will not be able to move into TBC content.

Either of these options is free, you don’t have to pay for a thing to choose one or the other.

What the cloning system allows is for you to do both at the same time. It creates a copy of your character on a classic realm, where they’ll stay at 60 indefinitely, while your original character will move on to TBC content. The service itself costs $35 dollars per character. Which given that you’re pretty much getting a boosted character (only with more value since it inherits everything that you’ve earned during classic gameplay) I think is a fair price, but others may disagree on that depending on personal taste.

It will vary.

I am looking at the go to’s:

Grob is the RP pvp server.

Bloodsail the RP pve server.

Or if I do straight pve it gets real easy. there is only 1 OCE pve server lol. I am leaning to this server. When classis opened up while many servers were dyng and blizzard was putting up new server vm’s daily…the OCE server was smooth the whole time.

Even won me a coffee bet. A wow player at work saw me firing p classic on release day at lunch He said no way in hell are you getting in. his friends were number 145000000 in the wait list on us servers.

I said wanna bet a coffee? He said sure.

I got in smooth, played smooth and was 100% fine. That coffee tasted good…

Also classic servers for OCE are OCE only. They don’t shard. So…better pings if oce.

1 Like

What do you mean? Can you be more specific? Are you talking about sending gold from a tbc character to a character in classic? Because the answer is no. They are 2 completely different games.

No, it’s like a separate server
Oh I thought you meant from retail to classic

Yes you can mail gold between toons in classic

Hey a little off topic but I couldn’t get this answered in the beta and I am not sure if I should have reported this or not

Does ghost wolf cancel shammy water walking? If not I have a bug to report.