If i chose the wrong covenant?

All real Rpgs forces you to choose a path based on any criteria , power, exploration , diplomacy , so and so forth .If it doesn’t then it is a light Rpg much like wow is.

Hunter night fae ability is like a 75% difference in dmg compared to the others. its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumb.

A bit too generic of an answer, isn’t it?

Many claim that all RPG games do this, yet fail to name one. RPG games lets you make choices based on stories and lore, seldom do they force you to do the same based on stories AND power at the same time without presenting all the necessary information. Just asking for an example, that’s all, because this is not an RPG element that I know of.

Nope, let me make it more clear .Once you select a path it becomes permanent you can’t go back and change it unless you want to reroll from the start . Its an artificial representation of your real life where you can’t go back to the past and change a particular decision. This is how Ian was explaining with an example of a “fork in the road” to Preach who like you don’t understand what a real RPG should be .

Inorder for wow to be like this - spec , talents and the similar should be locked. You picked the wrong one too bad reroll.

The problem is you don’t want choices you want options. you don’t want to sacrifice X for Y - you want everything unbound . The fact that you have to choose between anything else you desire and power makes it meaningful . The whining is proof of that . The more you complain of it the more proof you provide how impact full that choice was to you .

This whole “Pull the rip cord” fiasco worked against the ppl who started it . You know what the actually solution was for that ?? Unsub and come back when the covenant system is freeform

Here is funny thing though in wow there is no such thing as permanence and y’all still whine about it :rofl: :rofl:

You are still failing to name one example that fits the criteria.

You are exactly right, there is no permanence in WoW, nor should it be. If WoW is changed into traditional RPG, no one is goign to stay, even Blizzard knows this. Why would I play WoW for RPG when there are better RPG games out there?

This is precisely why covenant choice is a problem. It’s neither permanent, nor is it free. You can’t change “at will”, nor are you locked forever. I challenge them to make it permanent, but I suspect even Blizzard knows this is a bad idea.

Original question stands, name one RPG game that forces you to make a decision based on character power without providing all necessary information at the time of decision making.

Oh simple Ragnarok, Amalur , Kritika - once you picked a class GG

You are playing so it does not matter.

It was permanent , they decided to compromise with the player base. making it neither here or there and it will stay that way.

You do NOT have to wait. You can change instantly at any time.

You only have to wait if you want to return to an old one so…

Kyrian —> Venthyr: Instant change no waiting

Kyrian —> Venthyr —> Kyrian: There is a two week lockout. Make sense?

2 Likes

Just go to the covenant you actually want and ask to join, they’ll ask you to confirm this and then just follow the instructions, it’s very easy, not sure why folks in this thread are telling you otherwise.

Going BACK to a covenant you ALREADY left is what takes time.

No. You just change to a new cov. But if you want to change back, to one that you left, you have to do quests.

Not two weeks wait if you are leaving one covenant for another THE FIRST TIME.

IF you leave again, THEN it will be the two week period.

I guess I should specify, anything other than class choice. We are talking about covenant choice here, not class choice (which is actually permanent in WoW too).

You assume too much. While I do like the story and lore and some NPCs, I play WoW for raiding experience, M+, and some amateur PvP.

Right, but have you ever considered if it was a “compromise” or “improvement”?

Guys there is no wrong choice. Blizzard “balanced” all of these skills and abilities perfectly within 0.1% of each other. If you say anything different than you are a Min Maxer and should be ashamed for trying to ruin the game for everyone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: