If healers are worthless if they can be 1v1d

Then wouldnt healers in vanilla be worthless? I kept seeing this mentality when I played retail… it made no sense to me as to why healers cannot be killed even in a 1v2 sometimes. It was just so stupid. One of the big reasons haven’t touched retail since BFA opening (MoP b4 that)

In vanilla, all healers can be 1v1d easily. Yet… they are always required and are definitely not “worthless”.

Explain that.

3 Likes

U can kill healers 1v1 and ur bad
Next

15 Likes

well idk about current patch but I know before you cannot

Arenas don’t exist in classic. So…ya. And tanks have taunt and threat for pve.

1 Like

that means nothing. Arenas was in TBC and in TBC healers was not gods like in current retail.

1 Like

Sure it does.

Resto Druid TBC says hi.

Besides, good dps understand specs and force cooldowns before goes or cross cc. Healer survival isn’t the problem in BFA, it’s their dps ability to survive when the healer is locked down. Mages, rogues, and warlocks are all super tanky compared to previous iterations.

2 Likes

resto druid was killable still and ran outta mana anyway.

Resto druid is killable now, and ooms quickly unless they get drinks off, (which they are able to do because of rediculous dps survivablity).

1 Like

Still are and still do.

If you want to address BFA arena, it’s dps ability to survive too long. Druid and hpal help them survive but there are a handful of dps specs that just have laughably good survival.

2 Likes

I am still trying to read the title of the thread.

20 Likes

See this all the time. In BG’s it’s hilarious. Sometimes understandable when it happens, because there is so much going on.

But you sound like the type of guy to dump all his CDs into divine protection and wonder why the pally won’t flop.

Force CDs. Cc. Kill dps. Healer has no CDs. Cc DPS swap healer.

You can kill healers in vanilla but it takes alot longer.

Retail healers are gods and just one can make or break a BG.

If I feel like winning ill play resto. Otherwise ill play feral or boomy for fun.

Go back to classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re telling me that vanilla druids/holy pal and trispec/healer priests are “easily” killable ? :joy:

1 Like

Take your illiterate self back to classic please.

1 Like

healers in TBC were more than gods lol what are you even talking about

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

no.

3 Likes

Mages are not tanky at all, they rely on cc to survive (hence why Arcane is dead).
Rogues are heavily dependant on cds to survive, meaning when they use them to survive they won’t have them available to go for the kill (i.e. getting cc’d during burst because you used smoke bomb or CoS during a survival phase).
Warlocks are tanky but… they have one defensive cd (3 mins) and zero mobility, sure they can stand some punishment, but they won’t be allowed to dish damage im return.

Hpal versus arms warrior

:slight_smile:

Big dam judge. On a serious note though I do win most 1v1’s as a holy paladin unless I face unholy DK

They have a safeguard on 25 second cooldown. They also have cheat death built into the spec.

Rogues can also feint and potion every 30 seconds for 30% of their hp while taking reduced damage.

Warlocks are terrible kill targets until high dampening.

This is by far the tankiest those classes have ever been.

6 Likes

The cd on mage shield is bs, ill give you that. But cauterize is very unforgiving for a cheat death mechanic and it has existed for like 10 years now.