If flying is going to be free, put back mage tower appearances

I mean, if all the countless hours I put into grindings reps, treasures, running across the map in WoD is now a reward everyone gets for doing nothing, why can’t I go and get the artifact skins I didn’t get because I was sick during legion? Why are some rewards exclusive and others Blizzard is like yolo everyone get’s it for doing nothing.

Even today grinding out pathfinders is a pain at max level in WoD and Legion. Just kind of grosses me out that I seem to only get rewards that are just given away for free after an xpac and miss out on the exclusives.

9 Likes

Um, not really seeing the correlation between pathfinder being free now and expansion exclusive rewards that are no longer obtainable.

With that said, I don’t think mage tower appearances should come back.

29 Likes

Listen I’d love if they’d add the mage tower stuff back, but this is a really super weak argument to make.

8 Likes

I don’t see a difference. I put in a ton of effort to get something, and now Blizzard it trivializing it. I did the content while it was current to get all those reps and unlock flying, and now it’s going to be something you get for free.

Meanwhile Blizzard decides to make other rewards impossible to get because those somehow matter but flying doesn’t? Doesn’t make sense to me.

4 Likes

Because all rewards are different and its acceptable to make decisions on a case by case basis. Your argument is analogous to “if bananas cost a dollar then its not fair for apples to cost 2 dollars!!”

7 Likes

Blizzard: does something

forums : k i’m gonna use this as an excuse for the mage tower to return.

23 Likes

… That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

LMAO what does one thing have to do with the other.

2 Likes

I never understood this line of thinking.

2 Likes

Well, the ability to get flying through pathfinder was never taken out of the game. Nor was it designed to be.

The mage tower though was specifically designed for Legion class design with the intention of being removed once Legion was done.

They are completely separate issues.

7 Likes

Here let me explain it to you since i’ve done both pathfinder grinds as well as mage tower.

Here we are pathfinder you got it when it was relevant meaning you had it when everyone was trying to get it and could fly during current content. Good job you did it! “The grind has always been there pointlessly”

Here we have Magetower something that was put in with the mind of removal.
“:The grind was not do able after the expansion entered Pre patch for bfa”

Can’t Compare the two.

Yeah you are right all my grinding to get Tantrum finder is being negated by people getting it easier . How dare they get something that I grinded and actually despised without suffering like myself and vast others who dislike it did.

Heard blizzard was nerfing the baseline immolation aura for demon hunters. This must be for preparation to make the mage tower scaled to a non immolation aura Christ I can’t even finish the sentence without making myself sad.

7 Likes

Zero correlation between the two at all.

Y’all are just getting silly with these threads now.

3 Likes

No.

And this is coming from someone who wished they took the time to actually get more than 3 Mage Tower appearances.

1 Like

There’s no connection between moderate rep farming and prestigious challenges.

Pathfinders: Designed with the playerbase as a whole in mind to accomplish

Mage Tower and friends: Designed for players with skill and dedication and not intended for everyone to achieve.

3 Likes

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

2 Likes

The 2 have nothing to do with each other. How about we all get the black beetle mount that only 1 person got per server? How about we all get the original ZG raptor mount even though that raid is gone?

Limited time/exclusive is exactly what it means. Not Blizzard’s fault you couldn’t do the mage tower or decided to play too late.

As someone who completed the mage tower on every single spec of every single class, I don’t actually care if they let you get them BUT if you do, I would like a special title or something for having done them all in Legion.

1 Like

So did you earn the violet proto-drake for your 310% flight speed (I did. Took me a solid year, and it was a GRIND)? Or did you just buy it at level 80 from your trainer?

If you bought it, you have no point to stand on.

Pathfinder was not “for nothing,” and it was never presented as a limited-time-only thing that would never change. You’ve been flying in Legion and WoD since you earned Pathfinder. I’ve never been able to do that because I didn’t play those when they were current. Every toon I’ve leveled to 120 had to be grounded. In Stormheim. In Spires of Arak. You get to fly when you level those areas or farm them for mats, so it wasn’t for nothing.

Mage Tower was ALWAYS advertised as a limited thing with rewards that were exclusive to that content.

It isn’t the same thing. It just isn’t.

2 Likes