If FFXIV is so successful, why is it never trending or relevant

You have all my respect. :+1:

lol wow forums are so pathetic, you just make a topic about another game so you can sit in a circle and chant to each other about how bad it is and how good your game is. Twitch is the most laughable metric for a game’s success I’ve ever heard of, and yes FFXIV is right on WoW’s coattails and has been a vastly superior game since MoP by a mile

If you honestly believe that WoW is anywhere close to being as polished and well designed as FFXIV and has a better development team you’re either addicted or delusional, probably both, but this is the cancerous wow community we’re talkign about here.

The best part is that you’re not even wanted in FFXIV, WoWfugees are pretty much despised because of how obnoxious and toxic they are, and usually get banned from the forums right away, calling people a wowfugee is an insult in FFXIV, people who are just charging to get to the highest level raids but don’t realize that that isn’t where the content in the game is, so if you’re just looking to drain your life away on a gear treadmill and nothing else then why even look at FFIXV? Its not the game for you, its an actual WORLD not just a game that revolves around a tiny zone that has the highest update numbers attached to it

Its pretty simple, you all do it because you’re hilariously insecure that a garbage game like FFXIV 1.0 that had 10k subs has progressively improved year after year after year until its subs are sitting at just under WoW’s at this point

But what’s even more funny is that it isn’t the success of FFXIV that you’re complaining about…the subs are only this close because of the failure of WoW, not the success of FFXIV.

So just like every other time in WoW’s history, you’re ragging on something else instead of just ragging on WoW like you should be. Typical cancerous community of trash players in a trash game that are both designed that way by a trash developer owned by a trash publisher.

8.2 was a garbage patch and I won’t be even looking at this game for another 5 years, probably never again. Enjoy your dumpster fire, you earned it!

5 Likes

So by your logic then Fortnite is the best game ever!!! Thx for helping me understand what makes a game good!

But WoW is better, no other game comes close to WoW raiding scene and dungeons. Those other games are so frontloaded lol, and really no depth at all. Good to play for a month, not good to play for 10 years which surprise surprise WoW has been able to stay at the top for that long.

How many Final Fantasy games are going to come out. If Blizzard decided to make WoW 2 - it would probably kill all the other MMOs completely.

2 Likes

Way to prove me 100% right, you’re just another pathetic wowplayer (IE not a gamer, just a wowplayer, there’s a difference)

Don’t you have a 6 month mount to go pay for? Better buy all the other ones and go make sure to leave a positive comment about bfa and how its the best game ever in GD while you’re at it

3 Likes

Talk about toxic, apple doesn’t fall far from the tree I see. Oh well.

I play both games, FFXIV is enjoyable but I like WoW more. I’m not about to berate either game or the people who enjoy them.

Be the bigger person. calm thy nipples.

1 Like

I played FFXIV exclusively during the end of MoP and Draenor, and I never came to the WoW forums to do what these people are doing :see_no_evil:…

I shudder to think what their guilds/FCs are like when they are THIS petty.

1 Like

’gamers’ nowadays for you. lol

Majority are more demanding, self entitled and toxic than ever.

What an embarrassing stigma and stereotype to be a part of. :c

2 Likes

Mm, I play both WoW and FFXIV.

I would say FFXIV appeals more to the casual gamer, people who like slow-paced questing, overall story, etc. Of course there are serious gamers who play too and do the hard content, but over all I think the game definitely appeals to people who are used to story type of RPGs.

FFXIV isn’t a bad game. It’d be great to see the two communities just support each other instead of this stupid pissing contest people seem to keep pushing.

1 Like

You’re way off base.

I play both – people don’t despise you if you play WoW. It’s only when you’re a jerk that people throw around insults, but the typical WoW player never has to deal with that when they cross over to FFXIV.

Second, lets be real. The games are very different.

Story wise, customization wise, features wise (housing, palace of the dead, heaven on high, gold saucer) are ALL superior to WoW. I agree with you there. FFXIV has a better story. And they give you what players want, player housing (instead of garrisons, class halls, boats… etc) and palace is AMAZING since you can literally spend all day in there. Would love to see WoW implement something similar.

Yes, the WoW community is also pretty bad. FFXIV has it beat there, too. Not gonna lie – but I seriously feel like this is something BLIZZARD could fix by being more proactive, by taking away the ability to rename characters, limit the sharding, actually take reports seriously, etc. The community has to help too, by ostracizing bad behavior.

WoW, however, is superior when it comes to PvP and its open world. I don’t really think anyone can deny that. And their raids, imo, will always be the best over FFXIV (though I do believe FFXIV has better dungeons)

In the end, it’s really unfair to say one is better than the other when both are amazing for different aspects of the game.

2 Likes

“Not Trending”?

LOL, did you somehow miss all the Shadowbringers hype (and subsequent praises)?

I remember my Youtube feed being full of Shadowbringers stuff for a good month after its launch.

Unlike BfA, the vast majority of the people were praising the expansion in general.

Also, FFXIV has way better music and graphics. I don’t remember any WoW dungeon having a BGM this awesome:

Nor do I remember WoW having armor that looks this cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pMUq1HL24c (the first set, mainly)

1 Like

Also like to point out that there are some really nice and beautiful areas in XIV … here’s a dungeon run I recorded yesterday:

Also showcases how awesome and fun healing is in XIV compared to WoW.

EDIT: Also like to point out that in the video above…

A). I’m not using ALL the tools as I’m still learning the job,
B). It’s only 64 (I ding 65 in the video) which is nowhere near the max level of 80 so I’m still missing a few abilities.

And I can hardly find the time and concentration to use the whole toolbox, because it’s not muscle memory yet.

1 Like

This is a decent summary.

I play both myself as you can see from my profile (my what again, 26 Level 120 characters?) and the fact I have the MSQ complete (which you can see in the video I linked above) that I can safely say I know a good bit about both games.

FFXIV, the story is far, far better and it is presented in a better format. You don’t miss out on whole loads of story because you didn’t buy books, or anything like that. All of the story is laid out for you, there’s more voice acting, you get to SEE characters doing things (unlike being told about it later after it happened), yadda yadda yadda.

PvP, I will admit I give no craps about whatsoever. In fact I always saw PvP as a detriment to WoW community because most of the toxicity revolves around either PvP and people e-peening each other, or around the high-end raiding scene. In FFXIV, few care about PvP, and the Savage Raiding Scene, well… there’s people who do it, but they don’t normally pick on casuals the way that WoW players do.

The lack of two opposing player factions also goes loads to making a better community; you’re not splitting the playerbase in half and pitting one side against the other (and all the toxicity that brings). In FFXIV, all players are on the same side, and the PvP are basically wargames between the 3 nations (that you can freely change, and even play for another team temporarily) or other similar contests.

FFXIV has way more casual content to do, in WoW you ding 120 and you got… a world quest and rep grind treadmill and that’s about it. If you want to level other classes in WoW you need a whole 'nuther character which you have to go through ALL Of those reps and unlocks all over again. In FFXIV, you walk up to another job’s NPC trainer, talk to them push a button and begin leveling your new job with the character that already has all the unlocks already opened. You don’t have to do all that crap all over again unless you want a second character (this is usually only done to play on a different datacenter or as a different race).

I have 20+ characters in WoW and I kinda regret that I feel like I need to do that to get the most out of the game, because I like several different classes and to get the whole story I gotta play both Horde and Alliance and eh. After years and years of WoW it just gets tiring doing all of those reps and junk on different characters because now they’re intermixing crafting and rep grinds, punishing people who have alts.

So this “One Character is all you need” is mighty attractive in FFXIV.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how people watch anyone play any MMO that isn’t a raid guide or a pvp montage. Simply watching someone do M+ and wait for their group to get to instance sounds boring.

I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone attack me for my raid/pvp achievements outside of the WoW forums. I’ve personally never seen it in game unless the other player was throwing insults at them as well.

1 Like

Maybe not for PvP, but I’ve had people scoff at my “casual” gear before, even when I’m on alt characters. Something like “learn2mythic” comes to mind, the last time I decided to step into a Heroic Dungeon for a quest I wanted to get off of my quest list. “Nice gear, casual scrub” in a nutshell (I was wearing ~300-310 with a few timewalking pieces at the time).

Can’t say I have ever seen anybody say that in XIV at all, even when you show up in crafted stuff, as long as it’s somewhat level-relevant, even if you’re a tank or healer. Only time I know people grumble is when you show up with DPS gear as a tank <Lv50 when that’s actually possible to do (it isn’t, Lv50+), because you get your butt whomped if you do (but yet it’s not actually impossible, it’s just very stressful for the healer).

FF is always trending above Warcraft on Gamefaqs. It’s just not an exciting streaming game. Warcraft had it beat for a while when Classic was launched, but it’s back under FF again now.

Personally, I can’t stand FF. The server lag I experience in that game I’ve never experienced even in my days of AOL. Invisible walls… Confusing names and a JRPG story that is barely coherent.

1 Like

You must have a rather bad connection, because I get ~100ms pings and I don’t experience any invisible walls whatsoever.

And not sure what you mean by confusing names, and the story is quite coherant if you actually read the dialogue. Now obviously if you jump in and start skipping cutscenes, then yeah you’re going to get lost pretty quickly.

Trolling is obvious.

2 Likes

I think FFXIV trends most in NA, I notice the viewership goes up to 2k during NA peak time, and it drops sometimes to 500 during my Australian peak time.

NA players are the main audience for the game though. Which is probably why it is not trending as much as WoW, WoW has support for a lot more regions around the world.