If FFXIV is so successful, why is it never trending or relevant

I have never seen this game mention anywhere. It stays at the bottom of Twitch. Meanwhile WoW makes it to the top every single expansion with over 400k views just for BfA at one time, when world race rolls around - it again stays all the way at the top, and it constantly holds top 15 in Twitch despite the state of the game.

7 Likes

People complain for complaints sake, there is nothing really wrong with wow in the grand scheme of things.

When you compare wow to everything else, we still come out on top, have you played FF14?

8 Likes

How about all the down votes Blizzard’s videos were getting. Do they count?

12 Likes

Why would Final Fantasy 9 trend? That game came out 19 years ago.

16 Likes

FFXIV looks to me one of those old MMORPGs that haven’t age well. I can’t imagine myself playing it, but I also wouldn’t exclude the factor that the game might as well be fun.

However, I think it’s just people wanting WoW to be enjoyable again.

1 Like

I loled

The pvp scene in FF14 isn’t where the game is strong, and I think most game streams focus on pvp. The game itself, as far as being a healthy and good quality of life mmo from the pve side however, is dramatically better than wow.

8 Likes

It really is different demographics that play the two games.

3 Likes

Lol. Troll. Twitch is a horrible measure for how good or fun a game is.

6 Likes

Well the guy doesn’t seem to understand Roman numerals, haha.

All kidding aside, I gave FFXIV an honest shot late last year when I wasn’t subbed to WoW. It was a quality game for sure.

It was just too slow and the aliasing was no joke. Their anti-aliasing solution is terrible and that is well-known.

3 Likes

That’s the same thing I thought.

Then again… VIII was best. Come at me bros. /cast Feign Death

Like most games, it’s fun to play and horrible to watch.

3 Likes

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? Please show all work.

Don’t be silly now. Draw Magic was an awful mechanic.

Everybody knows 10 was best.

/Runs

2 Likes

I dunno, that laughing scene.

I’d say the OP’s mentioned the best one, 9 was the best, at least of the games after they switched to Playstation. I really need to play through 6 all the way. Some spoony bards say that’s the all time best.

Anything Asian gets down played pretty bad in North America still. I think it’s still seen as a niche/weeb gamer thing.

There are a lot of people waiting for Blizzard to pull out a show stopper here still. Lots of people not happy with WoW right now don’t want WoW to fail, but also don’t more more of the same thing to keep chewing. It just has not delivered on that this xpac compared to Legion. So any time something new comes out for WoW right now, there is a lot of eyes wanting to see it streamed before they decide to come back and try it themselves I think. People playing FFIX right now are not waiting to come back. I dont think they are dealing with an ornery player base quite like WoW has ATM. Not to mention the streamer occupying WoW are purposefully being very polarizing right now in what they have to say and I think that has more to do with them getting those views than the content itself.

I always tend to argue that 7 was the best(or at least my favorite). It was my first FF game. I was 23 at the time, and hadn’t really been into RPGs before. I played Wild Arms earlier in that year, and I really ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. So I decided to do some reading on 7 and bought it when it came out and was really blown away.

People tend to forget just how important and groundbreaking 7 really was. Oh you could nitpick little things here and there, but it really was a sea change in how games were made and played.

1 Like

FFIX was one of my favorites, I LOVED Quina.

You can get it for Xbox now, so I’m thinking about it.

I think FFXIV is never trending because people have trouble with roman numerals.

1 Like

I could not agree more and I find these constant posts about FF14 annoying…

1 Like

How dare you Nine came before ten!!! Come back here!!
/chases

1 Like

See, 7 burned me =p It was my first FF too. But I got it on PC since I had gotten an inheritence and was about to start college, I bought myself a brand spanking new computer and there was the box for the PC version in the store so got that too. I got all the way to Sephiroth but kept dying on one of the stages so I went back to level. Then forgot about the game, then decided “I don’t know where I am, Imma start over!”.

However in the mean time I had bought one of the brand new 3d graphics cards and installed it (it came with a great dirt bike game all about seeing what the most ridiculously lethal crash you could come up with was! Although there were some side modes like career and such too) Anywho, I got up to the Materia caves, where there’s something like a 20-30 minute long unskippable cutscene. And it crashed. EVERY TIME. and thus why I never beat 7.

Plus 9 was the last of the PS ones, they learned how to get the most out of the system, it was a love letter to the series before it, the art style was absolutely gorgeous (I do miss that with the modern FFs, while I get that Squeenix is great with their work, there’s not the same style and it looks kinda generic realistic style now) Plus, Zidane was a breath of fresh air and a non angsty hero who was sure of himself and not really working through a deep psychological issue or just whiny (Dammit 12 Balthier and Fran were RIGHT THERE perfect main characters!)