If Elite Damage IS correct, who would support a slight buff?

I want what would encompass the best overall Vanilla experience. No harder. Not easier. Not 1.12. Not 1.1. Something in between would be nice.

2 Likes

Regardless of what is right/wrong, it seems like some Classic Beta dungeons have generic elite mobs meleeing for 50% of corresponding damage on good pservers. Obviously pservers had to make educated guesses for things, but Iā€™m shocked how wide the gap is.

you start touching anything like that then I want cloak of shadows and mutilate for rogues even though it didnā€™t exist in vanilla.

No changes. Experience classic for what classic was. Unfortunately we canā€™t go back to our old level of knowledge and skill.

1 Like

lol and here I was lamenting how easy private servers were when they were in fact over tuned.

If you want to go play another game, go play another game. I want vanilla, not vanilla with chocolate chips.

Hardcore mode? Deaths results in EXP loss (except in raids, but you only have a limited number of ā€œAnti-Penalty Deathsā€ per week per instance?

I would not. Classic has a feel. You get it or you donā€™t.

If MC is that way, there wonā€™t be a need for prot warriors. All you would need is fury warriors in dps gear. Your tanks will just be fury warriors in defensive stance and dps gear holding aggro on mobs. Heck it would be better that way as their threat would be way higher than a prot warrior. Raid bosses donā€™t hit hard at all on private servers in MC so this would easily be possible if bosses did half the damage than on there.

Donā€™t worry, if you want difficulty Scholomance is waiting for you not far around the corner.

id support a slight buff

1 Like

Hereā€™s what ideas like this do to the game.
Thousands upon thousands of Mages suddenly realize that soloing ZG trash is no longer viable.
Rogues can no longer Pickpocket in BRD.
Warlocks no longer solo Mara trash.
Hunters no longer solo dungeons period.
Your ideasā€¦ are badā€¦
Theyā€™re badā€¦ because the game would be completely different to satisfy a need to arbitrarily up the difficulty.
It would ruin speedruns.
It would ruin farming.
It would ruin the game.
Go away.
Oh yeah forgot to mention Stratholme.
Stratholme.

1 Like

Depends. If the elites were nerfed at some point before 1.12, then yes. I support no changes and as authentic a recreation as possible, but 1.12 isnā€™t that. Thereā€™s a reason weā€™re getting progressive content after all.

Do we know what 1.12 scholo is like? I think most of the footage we have is from private servers. And we already know they over tuned a lot of stuff. Itā€™s documented scholo was nerfed at least a couple of times. Original scholo was annoying as heck. 1.12 will be easier. But by how much? It was pretty quick on private servers as it was.

Scholo/Strat/BRS were all switched to 5/10 mans prior to 1.12 I donā€™t recall any nerfs happening after that.

Wanna know why everything feels easier? Because you know what you are doing now. I know, crazy.

Dudeā€¦ I keep forgetting this isnā€™t the launch version. I dunno, it may be a nerfed version. Sadface.

Well since itā€™s now been established private servers were screwing with dungeon numbers itā€™s safe to assume that they were screwing with other things as well that made things easier.

They increased the spawn time on several mobs early on, and then straight up removed a lot of trash in 1.6.

Yeah and the 5/10 man versions were easier than the larger versions. But I donā€™t recall any changes happening after that.