If dungeon boosts are truly not going anywhere at least add Dungeon Finder for 1-60

I am on one of the megaservers, Azeroth is dead. The only dungeons people level 20-60 are located are in SM, Mara, and Strat. There’s a lot of fantastic dungeon content in this game that has become almost completely inaccessible unless you’re super lucky. Dungeon Finder will be in this game before the end of 2023, what is the harm in putting it in for Classic dungeons now? Hell you could even make the argument that 60-70 is dead outside of SP, Slabs boosts, and I wouldn’t fight you on it.

What’s a better gaming experience- sitting in a boost, a glorified gold selling laundering scheme, with 3 people who don’t say a single word to each other and haven’t trained a skill since level 10? Or joining a RFK Dungeon Finder group, (a dungeon that probably has been done a couple dozen times total since TBC launched) with 4 randoms from other servers but actually getting to play the game? I’d take the latter.

A large portion of the community only see level 70 as the only content. Maybe that’s why boosts haven’t been touched. But there are those of us who used to enjoy leveling in classic who hate the state that 1-60 is currently at. If the options are 1. Dungeons boosts are allowed and dungeon finder is added or 2. Dungeon boosts are allowed but there’s no dungeon finder. I’ll take option 1. If Blizzard ends up actually doing something about dungeon boosts 2.5 years in to classic that’s a different story, but obviously their inaction in-and-of-itself means that they have no plans to disallow them.

I’m sure a couple dozen people will just read the title and say “go play retail” or “no one wants this” or “ahcutualllyly I find groups just fine” I’m fully expecting it.

6 Likes

SoM has a LFG group tool.
It doesn’t teleport you anywhere.

Sounds like something like this should be added to TBC.

1 Like

While SOM is failing for other reasons, the death of boosting was pretty much a universally applauded change on SOM servers.

Honestly it’s been one of the best things over there. I fear that Blizzard will allow boosting to go through into Wrath as well.

Why they haven’t applied the boosting fix to TBC is beyond me. Historically the only people who have argued against it are people making money from it.

8 Likes

It is literally in TBC… it’s a TBC feature

3 Likes

The problem with your logic is that you assume people would run regular dungeons if they couldn’t boost in SM/Mara/Strat etc. That is false. Players would just quest or not level alts at all. Azeroth would still be just as dead as it is now.

Old world dungeons take a ridiculously long time to get to, whether by foot or flight path. They also take a considerable amount of time to clear if you’re at the appropriate level for that dungeon. Its not time efficient at all, and we’re all about efficiency these days.

1 Like

I would by ok if they added a LFG tool for non-current content that allows you to form groups across servers.

5 Likes

If anything, SoM proves that without boosts, people don’t dungeon more. They just don’t make alts.

Even during the initial rush, it was only run the dungeons once for quests, since the rules are so strict that the exp penalties are severe with even the level gaps that occur with proper levelled parties.

Sure, but Dungeon Finder AND boosts are still around in retail and Dungeon Finder is packed.

Wrong.

Here is something people like you don’t realize. BOOSTING keeps people playing the game. People want alts, but don’t want to spend the time to level them. The game is all ready facing a player attrition problem as new players aren’t really signing up to play. It would be even worst if they removed boosting and killed the only reason to keep playing for many people: Alts.

You don’t need dungeon finder it’s antithetical to TBC design.

You can fill your groups through trade chat, general chat, friends list, guild list, etc. So so so many different ways shouldn’t be a problem at all.

It’s literally coming to the game in one expansion that is designed virtually the same exact way.

No it’s not…

With that logic, should we get everything from WotLK early? Why not, if as you say, they are “designed virtually the same exact way”.

I’m sorry but that is incorrect.

I don’t even know what you’re saying man. Like Wotlk, TBC does not occur on Azeroth. Like wotlk, TBC has diluted the amount of players on Azeroth and leveling. The core world mechanics of wotlk are the same as TBC.

You saying “well why don’t they just add inscription then” is a strawman.

2 Likes

Northend is on Azeroth…

The difference is WotLK encouraged alt leveling. TBC doesn’t. You seem to be ignoring that point. TBC is not an alt friendly expansion. WotLK is.

I’m not sure what you even mean by “core world mechanics” so please explain that to me and explain how that is relevant at all.

No, it’s showing the error in your logic. You can’t justify adding in WotLK features to TBC because you feel the expansions are designed similariy. (Which you have failed to prove, btw)

You can use that argument to justify to add in bunch of other things things into TBC, most of which I doubt you or anyone else would agree with.

You’ll have to wait for WotLK for WotLK features. Sorry.

I can already tell from this one sentence that you’re not someone worth continuing this conversation with.

9 Likes

Because he’s right?

1 Like

Northrend is the northern, icy continent of the world of Azeroth”

So yeah, the ONE point of “similar design” that you had… which I will quote here…

is false. The rest of the argument falls apart, I’m afraid.

Best of luck but I wouldn’t expect a WOTLK feature to be added to CLASSIC TBC.

If you mean is it on the azeroth map, yup he’s right. if you mean in the game is Northrend part of classic azeroth, no he’s just trying to make a point again unrelated to the actual conversation.

4 Likes

Improve your speaking skills if you’re trying to debate.

Lol, everyone knew what the conversation was. He was strawmanning it’s not hard to see. LMK when you fly from Tirisfal to Northrend in game!

3 Likes