If DF is so good then why

Idk if the game is bad or good all I know which I pointed out with this thread is how bad it’s balanced.:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Have you tried posting this in the Retail Forums where people whom are more likely to play retail can respond? Why would you think a bunch of people that play mostly in classic wotlk would comment on this?

You’re also being completely unnecessarily aggressive for no reason. :roll_eyes:

Only thing I ever really play is restoration shamans which are in a terrible spot in retail atm.

1 Like

Have you not seen the replies to the thread?

I haven’t posted there because I don’t play there, there have a been a number of retail threads here and I made a prediction on those threads a few weeks ago and my prediction was right so I made a thread with data showcasing that.

Retail players just mad their game won’t ever be balanced so they are lashing out with strawman arguments and wannabe insults about skill while they hide on rats.

Nah I generally don’t pay a lick of attention to Retail stuff when I’m playing classics stuff. Usually just mute threads talking about it.

Seems like your just purposely trying to get in arguments and stirr the pot, GL with that I suppose, seems like your wasting your time though.

Naw I’m at work.

Got plenty of time to waste.

100% on topic

Balance is like the first rule of game design. If after 10000 years of wow they can’t come up with a balanced release there is only 2 possibilities:

• Lack of balance is planned, it’s part of the design to have it this way
  • The incompetence is deeply rooted at the company, and unfixable
1 Like

It’s insane too, it’s like how does it make it passed any kind of internal testing?

Is there internal testing or does blizzard just rely on the player base and logs to see the disparity before they send out a band-aid.

Biggest issue is all the talents that offer multipliers to abilities, no shot they are balancing it.

Player base should expect more and they just don’t, they just accept it and if it’s brought up they throw insults to defend their game and they deserve a better development team on these projects.

Maybe I’v should’ve added more context, but the “It’s intentional option” comes from a current of thought (absolute imbeciles IMO) that think its ok to make things imbalanced and “rotate the imbalance” to “keep games fresh”.

No doubt tho, other minor factors play here, most commonly, designers favoring their own preferences (professionality is a meme, everyone in the industry is an a**).

“Balance” is a complicated thing and something you definitely can’t ascertain by looking at DPS rankings in the first week of a new expansion’s raid… For one, utility is a thing. For another, some classes are easier to play than others. Classes with a high skill cap will obviously perform more poorly in the first weeks of a new raid as people are still learning/getting used to the mechanics. And even past all that, there will always be some classes that are more useful in some areas than others. Some specs are historically better at PVP than PVE. Some are better in raids than M+. Some are better in raids with a lot of AOE vs single-target.

So there are tons of reasons why “balance” is a complicated topic. Pointing to week 1 dps numbers like the OP is doing and claiming it’s an indicator of anything at all betrays not only a deep ignorance of the game… but likely a more general inability to think critically as well. Which should come as a surprise to exactly… nobody but :man_shrugging:

What you don’t seem to understand is that it should have already been balanced the game should have never launched in the state.

No exceptions.

But we can play your game so how long should I give them for the DPS to be balanced?

Two more weeks? Three more weeks? Four more weeks?

No matter what you do or how long you wait it won’t be balanced because at the end of the day it’s blizzard doing it.

But I can bookmark this thread for a month and see what the numbers are looking like at the end of the third week I wonder which one of us is going to be right?

In what state? You have no evidence anything is “horribly inbalanced.” You’re just flying off half-cocked with some strange-kid tantrum over something you know nothing about>

It’s weird and you should really stop.

How is it possible that you still haven’t learned to lower your expectations of anything Blizzard launches?

case-in-point: WoTLK 3.0 Death Knights

But that’s the whole premise of this threat is that you shouldn’t have to.

People sitting here telling me that it’s the beginning and it’s the first week is still unacceptable it should have never have launched in this state.

What really confuses me is how accepting the player base is with these constant mistakes.

How often are classes balanced at a launch?

You still don’t seem to comprehend and at this point I think it’s just a cranial failing and no amount of explaining is going to get through. Either that or you’re just trolling… And I’m not sure which is sadder tbh.

1 Like

My guess is the 100 parse assassin rogue used an exploit (seen a few over the years that make you do things like 10,000% more damage), and it makes the rest of assassin rogues look like garbage on their parses and warcraft logs hasnt removed that 100 parse yet.

Idk what you mean?

You think it’s sad a player base should expect a balanced game at launch??

You think it’s ok for a game to launch in this state and they will get around to trying to fix it for the next 2 years and never getting it right??

The Stockholm syndrome is severe with this one

Why can FF14 do it so easily but not WOW?

:point_up:

Once again, trolling, low iq or ignorance. I can’t figure out which tbh.

If DF is so good then why Hunters so garbage at Level 49? :expressionless:

instant-cast Aimed Shot is not fun.

How is it trolling to bring up another MMO that is 1,000% better at balancing?

All those systems you claim are hard to balance our systems blizzard put in you can sit here and toss out all the excuses you want for them the fact is is those systems are in the game and they need to be balanced.

Don’t worry you’re going to see in a month how it’s in the same state it is now.

You’re probably going to tell me don’t worry they’re handing out 3% buffs in 2 weeks lmfao