If Classic kept going to BFA/Shadowlands, would you quit?

Just curious to know how far players want Classic to progress to. Seems like Cata, Mists, WoD and Legion are okay with most players, but BFA/Shadowlands is a big no no.

What if Classic progresses to BFA/Shadowlands? Would you still keep playing?

10 Likes

5 Likes

I would play Legion Classic. Everything beyond that I didn’t really enjoy.

4 Likes

I might quit in WoD and I might quit in Legion. But I quit the last time in BfA. I won’t even start it again.

2 Likes

Already going to quit at cataclysm. Doesn’t matter how far it goes at that point. What Blizzard could have done is keep realms around for every version instead of cherry picking classic and other gimmick versions of it. But they aren’t doing it, so most the players will soon be leaving, this time for good.

16 Likes

We will miss you in the forums Drain. You were a good person.

1 Like

Already heavily considering not returning for mop considering how WRONG they did to wotlk after sod release… so imagine…

3 Likes

I actually would play Shadowlands Classic.

Not even kidding. I loved Shadowlands. I nerded the heck out of it. All mains/alts in 20-26 keys. Most mounts. Most achievements. I really had a blast ngl.

IF Shadowlands Classic launches with all 9.2.5 QOL and balancing, it would be a great expansion.

I’m sticking around until Classic dies. or until Dragonflight. I have zero interest in it. To this day, I just can’t bring myself to play Dragonflight.

1 Like

How so?
Yeah, they bricked SFK event in RDF, but…other than that? What else?
They’ve done an amazing job with Wrath thus far. Yeah botters exist. But they are everywhere in every version of the game. And token. But token doesn’t really impact on how you prog on LK heroic. Nor did it impact your zero light prog

Not sure if you get enough people to play Shadowlands. Probably seen as one of the worst if not the worst modern expansion, and classic andies won’t play past Cata anyways.

And yea, the other issue that it would come in like 10 years lol

1 Like

I would ve been perfectly happy with Classic stoppping in WotLK but I remember Cataclysm very fondly so I d stay on for that too. MoP is when I originally quit and I ll do it again if Blizzard takes things that far

2 Likes

current wrath is no longer classic & that’s why it will advance anyways.

I Personally would love to re-play MOP and by the time they re-release mop i would be Probably missing Shadowlands xD

and when they re-release shadowlands it will attract new young people who have never played it in original times JUST like the current situation with the Re-release of vanilla/tbc & maybe wrath.

Missing the whole point of why people want

classic

2 Likes

Just keep it pre-squish and i’m good

4 Likes

Mop would be the last I’d try. WoD was the death of WoW.

However, the Classic team is already ruining this game with the changes they’re making…adding in Retail-like systems. So I might not even make it that far.

4 Likes

If there were to make WoD classic into the expansion WoD had the potential to be, I’d play it. WoD is usually regarded as one of the worst expansions, but I KNOW there was a great expansion hiding behind it. It would require a lot of work, though.

3 Likes

Everything becomes “classic” at some point, it’s just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Umm, we’ll see?

I don’t think a lot of people necessarily have an issue with some of these expansions themselves, they’ve just been name dropped as the best (WotLK, BC) or the worst (BfA, WoD) so many times that everyone almost has political leanings towards them and only wants to be associated with the good ones.

Same thing happens with a lot of consumer stuff especially in the PC industry, people want the product for what it is/what it’s called, not what it does (video cards, perfect example).

When they are (potentially) released I’ll see what I feel like playing and what changes they make to them. And if I’ve still got a guild left. And if I still feel like playing WoW.

But how is someone supposed to definitively answer that question right now without some sort of extreme bias?

Just food for thought.

3 Likes

people

that’s why people want classic for nostalgia
people always love to re-play things they used to play 10~15years ago.

Unless Killorx is talking about those who want classic for originality & simplicity then i’ll ask “How do you define classic? in term of gameplay” because anything after vanilla is not classic material.
the millions who wanted classic in the first place was talking about vanilla the classic 60 without those ugly ability from tbc, without the flying mounts that killed world pvp, without tons of things that tbc&wrath brought.

I’m pretty certain that people wanted Vanilla not because of anything to do with TBC or Wrath but later expansions. It’s such a cope from CE players that believe they have the biggest and most popular version of Classic when CE is so much smaller comparatively. If a TBC era server was released, it would probably be competitive with CE if not preferred more. Probably a WOTLK would be the same if not greater if released in January 2025.

Vanilla is fine, but its not perfect by any stretch. One only needs to sit and think about the end game and compare it to the other two. The only good thing about Vanilla that was brought up that was uniquely its own was faction division and videos of mass open world PVP battles.

2 Likes