If Blizzard cared for Lore this is how they should handle the new Warlocks

Night Elves - Lost faith in Elune after bfa and sl. Turned to Fel and enslaving demons as a means of obtaining new power and outcast themselves away from those that still love Elune.

Draenei - Small Red Eredar group surrendered to Velen after Legion. Shares knowledge and were allowed to practice/teach it but under certain guidances and checks. Their True Soul Stone is kept in a secret chamber by Velen - goes for regular Draenei that agreed to become Warlocks too. If they fall to corruption then Velen has easy access to restrain or end them from afar.

Lightforged - Their Demons aren’t enslaved. They use Lightforged Demons, who willingly became Lightforged. Their looks, animations, and effects should be Lightforged in nature by default. Can still use barber shop customizations but lore wise they’re Lightforged Demons.

Mag’har Orc - Desperate young Orcs from AU Draenor who found the teachings of Gul’dan in Shadowmoon Valley. They didn’t understand the danger in it, as they weren’t around during WoD, and only use it as it granted them power. After escaping to the main timeline their green Orc Warlock cousins take them in and properly teach them of its uses and dangers.

Pandaren - Sha researchers who have quiet, but deniable, approval to research the Sha. Get Sha cudtomization for Demon pets.

Also. Give Green Orcs their red skin customization and Fel looks. We already have Fel Orc defectors in the Horde.

5 Likes

Did they do any kind of quests or anything when they gave everyone rogues, mages, and priests?

Are you seriously comparing those classes to Warlocks in this regard?

Please.

2 Likes

Yeah, those + monks didn’t get anything for context or justification. I don’t think locks will either.

If you need to be explained why Warlocks need this then you clearly never paid attention to the lore of the class or these races.

2 Likes

I feel bad for all the lore folks out there. But it does kind of say how many of you there are with Blizzard just ripping lore apart like this.

1 Like

Ner’zhul wasn’t a warlock. He was more like a shadow priest.

I’m saying that I don’t think Blizz cares enough.

1 Like

Then Gul’dan.

Was anyone else expecting a mention of High Elf warlocks? :neutral_face:

1 Like

At this point we just roll Velf with blonde or silver hair.

Your jealousy is showing.

The Horde will never love you even after you saved their population.

What even :rofl:

1 Like

The lack of any Warlock exclusive quests since Legion is a shame. I mean if you want to get pedantic Exile’s Reach introduced a new Voidwalker quest, but that hardly tells you anything about what’s going on in the demon world since Archie and Kilroy were permakilled and their favorite planet got reclaimed by Team Good.

1 Like

Seems like their new writers must be the same kind doing Netflix The Witcher and Cleopatra.

Im down for these. This is a much more productive post than the ones I’ve seen straight damning these additions, without even trying to offer solutions or explanation.

1 Like

Draenei warlocks are demon probation officers, rehabilitating demons left jobless by the collapse of the burning legion. Getting them ready to re-join society.

1 Like

How so? It makes far less sense that there have been restrictions on classes for this long. These races have been allies for decades, eventually they were going to share their martial and magical knowledge with one another.

2 Likes

Oh no I agree completely. If anything, our characters are so quirky we’re not even really a solid representation of our faction anymore. It just amuses me there are diehard lore folks and Blizzard is outright disregarding them.

I just want a reason for it to be a thing when before there were reasons why it wasn’t.

1 Like