If Blizzard can do spell batching, keyring, etc, they can do pre-nerf heroics and raids

Unlike Classic, Blizzard hasl the data from the TBC patches, this means they can decide what numbers and data they use for the trash and bosses in raids and heroics.

Blizzard, I’m begging you, release TBC with the original difficulty of Kara, Heroics, etc. There is NO downside. Players will still be able to accomplish all of the raids easily, I am not saying they won’'t, but I think we all would enjoy those early weeks of TBC if the content packed a little more punch. I remember doing my first heroic Ramparts as a tank and having to be so methodical and carefully pull mobs and CC them properly. That is something Classic has lacked because of a variety of factors. If the heroics are in their original state, we as players, will actually have to CC those first few weeks. which would be awesome for once.

Numbers wise it might not make a HUGE difference, but psychologically, I know lots of players will feel like it matters more, if we knew the heroics and raids were in their original state. It doesn’t feel good doing raids we know have already been nerfed to pre-WOTLK patch levels.

On that note please make the reputations require revered and everyone needs the Kara key to get in. This only adds longevity and more things to do, while also giving slow levelers more people to play with because there will be plenty of alts needing to do the grinds as well.

4 Likes

Blizzard had the data for all patches of vanilla. They chose 1.12 because it was what they viewed as the most complete version of Classic. They even said as much.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21881587/dev-watercooler-world-of-warcraft-classic

“After careful consideration, we decided on Patch 1.12: Drums of War as our foundation, because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience.”

The decision to use 1.12 was not due to a lack of data from vanilla. As such, you can expect Classic TBC to be 2.4.3 for the same reason 1.12 was chosen.

8 Likes

The only thing controversial to me about BC patching is the removal of the requirement of attunements for the higher level raids.

Kara is Kara, but needing to consistently run SSC/TK to get people Hand of A’dal to attune them to BT/Hyjal is something I’m curious as to how they’re going to treat it.

Personally I’d keep the timelines similar like they’re doing with Classic. If you’ve been paying attention to phase releases, everything besides Phase 2 was released around the same schedule as Vanilla’s patching. So what they should do is require the attunements for the majority of the expac and then remove them at the end when they introduce catchup mechanics with Sunwell’s outdoor content.

1 Like

Attunements are a major part of time gating the content, without the attunements, a lot of the content will be devoured 7 days sooner than normal.

2 Likes

Didn’t they say most of the data was missing from like 1.8 and below?

In BC originally they took out a lot of attunements near the tail end of the xpac. I’m just suggesting they stick to that model.

h ttps://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.4.3

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

This is incorrect

https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=390

They straight up said they didn’t have data pre 1.12 (or slightly before rather) so remaking classic vanilla 1:1 through patches was impossible if this is true.

So yes, they could very well run tbc and wotlk patch by patch if they really wanted to and just copy patch information over and plug them in. Honestly, there is no reason not to. We saw the issues with releasing vanilla on the last patch.

2 Likes

Fair point.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22646759/restoring-history-creating-wow-classic-panel-recap

“Unlike the source code, for which Blizzard had archives for multiple branches of the game that could be worked on and developed as separate pieces, early database data was overwritten with each commensurate update. Thankfully, that problem was fixed very quickly after launch, and when we looked, we found data going back to version 1.12—and even earlier.”

Without specifics, all we know is that they had fixed the issue with overwriting data “very quickly after launch” and they had “earlier than 1.12.”

1 Like

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Yes and this was posted a day before the panel. And in the panel they went into a bit more detail, instead of saying “even earlier” got clarified to “1.12 and slightly before”.

So it’s safe to assume that most of the data pre 1.12 was gone.

Blizz

1- release everything once, never have to think of it again, enjoy easy money with no effort

2- release patch by patch, dealing with all the bugs/etc… that were in the game for each patch as well as backlash over it, adding time and hassle and thus reducing profits

I wonder what they’ll pick.

Just kidding, I don’t wonder at all, it’s pretty obvious.

From what they have said they have TBC data so no reason why we cant get the early un nerfed versions of TBC dungeons and heroics and raids, it would be a lot of fun, and I hope they consider it for at least the heroics and raids.

1 Like

That was never actually the situation, you could have somone with a key and that was enough to let everyone in the gate.

I would normally agree with this, but circle jerking aside, blizzard did go out of their way for a ton of stuff for the launch of classic.

Yeah we didn’t all get what we wanted and they are sucking with bots right now, but they did stuff like adding spell batching that they 100% did not need to do. Leeway… They listened and changed how the trading system went. They extended the phases and changed them up to at least make it slightly better…

Just saying… they did change quite a bit up from their original plan that they 100% did NOT need to do to make their money and they did.

That was patched in

was it? I guess I didn’t know because I had the key and I think everyone in my group did.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.4.0#Karazhan

Karazhan

• Players will no longer need the [Master’s Key] to enter Karazhan. The gates to Karazhan will still require the Master’s Key to be unlocked.
2 Likes

Fair point.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22646759/restoring-history-creating-wow-classic-panel-recap

“Unlike the source code, for which Blizzard had archives for multiple branches of the game that could be worked on and developed as separate pieces, early database data was overwritten with each commensurate update. Thankfully, that problem was fixed very quickly after launch, and when we looked, we found data going back to version 1.12—and even earlier.”

Without specifics, all we know is that they had fixed the issue with overwriting data “very quickly after launch” and they had “earlier than 1.12.”

And you have a fair point too Rauta, I just think, and Idk if you agree, but raiding in Classic hasn’t been very entertaining. I’m just saying IF they do have that data, and can run most of TBC of 2.4.3 while still using some of the older difficulty numbers, don’t you think that could be a good thing for the fun of the game? It wouldn’t require that much. I don’t want anything that is doing too much or changing TBC, just to go with earlier iteration of the raids would be more fun for the community.

Almost none of which was asked for- they made a lot of bad changes, and I won’t argue that they’ll make more horrid changes in TBC because they will.

It’s good changes that I don’t expect them to start making, and definitely nothing that’ll take considerable time.