IDS Alarms indicating Trojan Checkin

I installed a new router about 2 months ago(Unifi UDM-Pro). Recently I’ve been getting alerts related to Trojan checkins from an IP that appears to be on a blizzard netblock.

|Threat Management Alert 1: A Network Trojan was Detected. Signature ET TROJAN Netwire RAT Check-in. From: 24.105.35.225:3724, to: 192.168.0.130:55751, protocol: TCP|4:56 pm|11/11/2020||

||Threat Management Alert 1: A Network Trojan was Detected. Signature ET TROJAN Netwire RAT Check-in. From: 24.105.37.58:3724, to: 192.168.0.130:49628, protocol: TCP|10:54 pm|11/09/2020||

Is this something I should whitelist?

1 Like

I am getting the same message.

Close the battle.net client when you don’t need it. That is probably what is talking to blizzard. My UDM Pro gives the same trigger.

1 Like

i’m also on a udm pro and getting the same alerts i whitelisted it

I got the same thing, while in a dungeon 4 days in a row it would lag me out at around 6pm, and I’d hit loading screens on that toon (could log in other toons) for a few minutes. (on a usg-pro-4) Didn’t know what it was till I looked at the logs.

I have now whitelisted Both / Subnet / 24.105.32.0/21 on the Threat Management Allow List… as I think that covers their IPs, not sure if this is right or not… maybe a network guru can chime in

I’ve been frustrated for the last month over (very) random lockups during dungeons. I can still see chat and boss moves, but I can’t do anything. I can’t exit the game without a hard Alt-F4.

It took too long to figure out it was Snort IDS triggering the same as mentioned in this thread. I couldn’t log back in until I removed the block, then it immediately worked.

The source IP:port for me was 34.123.213.250:3724. Description is “ET TROJAN Netwire RAT Check-in”

1 Like

Yup I’m getting this on my USG Pro as well. Whitelisted a couple of known Blizzard subnets, but I’m still getting blocks on IPs - coming from google oddly enough. Smells like analytics collection, but it’s weird it kills my game-world connection.

Also getting same, Source IP is 35.222.66.32 : 3724. Been getting a few hard DCs over the past couple of weeks. Blizzard what is this?

Getting this too. What have they started doing in Shadowlands that is tripping IPS???

Upgrade your UDM firmware. These alerts were due to a bug in the threat management on your end not with Blizzard.

Still getting this after the last USG firmware update.

I’m also getting these alerts. Does anyone know if Blizzard has a list of their known subnets anywhere? I’m having some trouble finding anything.

Hello everyone!

We are unable to assist with third party software/hardware. For assistance with security alerts provided by Unifi UDM-Pro please contact the device/software provider. The most likely case is a false positive that needs to be reported to their team.

Wish we had a more direct solution here but I do hope the info helps. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know.