IDKY but Warthin seems to be a divisive topic for wow players

So…what you’re saying is, every time you see TBC, WotLK, MoP, or BfA, you literally sound out the individual letters in your head? That must be tedious.

To me, they have simply become the equivalent of hieroglyphs. A symbol that represents something, but very seldom actually has to be physically sounded out in real life, or even mentally for that matter. If you have to do that, simply saying “The War Within”…four syllables…is barely more effort than saying “Warthin”, and actually makes sense to whom you say it to.

So yeah…even here on the forums, ‘TWW’ will be less baffling than a portmanteau.

Yes. Sorry if you get tedious easily. I don’t have performance issues.

Ok fine!

/10char

2 Likes

Warthin is what happens when you have high blood pressure and really like Wheat Thins. So you mix the Warfarin (blood pressure medication) with Wheat Thins.

100% TWW or WSS1 all the way

1 Like

It’s seems fine to me, but that’s about it really. The trailer wasn’t really some epic thing you usually see for expansion announcements. It felt more like a patch cinematic (still dope af though).

Plus I just don’t like Dwarves, so announcing we can play as Earthen, which are just normal Dwarves with dark gray skin, its not that exciting. Now I am excited for a couple of the new areas and Warbands, but it seems this is gonna be another one of those set-up expansions. Which is fine cause it seems they have a plan and I’m hoping they can execute it properly without making each of them feels small. So far it really is just meh.

The only way for Blizz would make me want to play as an Earthern is if they make the Earthern storyline as very engaging and sympathetic, the same way we felt about Nightborns and HM Taurens in Legion.

I just want playable Tuskarr and Ethereals. A new skin for Dwarves is not very exciting to me under any circumstance

Don’t. I’m still not over we didn’t get playable Tuskarrs in Dlight. :frowning:

1 Like

Coming to General Discussion to find out what players really think of something is pretty silly. People post on these forums trying to be as negative and outrageous as they possibly can, and one upmanship totally comes into play. If you were believe what people were posting you’d have to ask yourself why are they even subscribed to a game they obviously HATE so much? The truth is, they don’t. For whatever reason, they get enjoyment out of bashing it.

IDK, my BFF Jill?

I suddenly triggered a core memory from way back then.

ilu2 c u @ home @ 8

nah I do believe some of the criticisms are valid and people who criticize the game are mostly those who wants to change the game for the better or at least what they feel is good for the game because they enjoy it more if it’s were to change that way.

First It is war WITH in stop this crud abbreviating it, stop being lazy and just spell it out!

no. i will use warthin. don’t tell me what to call it unless you are buying me the epic edition of warthin and a year sub of it.

I understand how you feel TBH.

By your logic isn’t Warthin “Double you Eh Are Tea Aych Aye Inn”?

TWW is not pronounceable as a word just like the acronym Wod or Mop, which is just one syllable. Warthin can be pronounced into two syllables which is war+thin.

In the context of Battlegrounds, if someone says WG, do you read it as “Warsong Gulch” or the longer “Double Yoo Jee?” WG is also not pronounceable as a word. Is WG bad when referring to Warsong Gulch?