Idea to close gap between 2h and dw frost

Think that doesn’t solve the problem of 2H having one less runeforge.

Well Again You bake razor ice into mastery for frost dk’s, that frees up one rune for both dw and 2h. Allow 2h frost to get 2 runes on their weapon. Now that frees us up to choose any two runes to use. That way both dw and 2h have 2 runes on their weapons. That way they are on par with each other.

dude no why not merge razer and fallen to make a new runeforge for 2h

same with fallen and stoneskin

1 Like

That idea was also suggested. But unless blizzard locks that to 2h only then dw would have that and another rune. Either way 2h will be behind by one rune. So the thought is put razorice into frost mastery and allow 2h frost to have 2 runes so we will have the same amount of runes and now we can try different runes and not be stuck using Razorice. We can experiment with the new runes.

I guess I should have said that merging them was for 2h only

I can only hope they do this

They have made 2h specific runeforges before. I think stoneskin is one of them right now.

Maybe because the person I was talking to was talking about ppm, and km has always had a ppm component to it. The only thing random is that it procs off of crits now.

Yep i do remember the 2h only runes

they should bring back might of the frozen wastes as a way to close the dps gap. Part of the reason people loved 2h was the big obliterate crits and the spike damage in PvP.

3 Likes

And people didn’t like playing against the spike damage because there was almost no counter to it. Run away was basically it. In the first month all they got were complaints about it.

What about absorbing razor ice into mastery, and only allowing the DW to have a rune on the main hand weapon?

That might be easier than figuring out how to add two runes to one weapon.

RIP: I forgot about other enchants =(

They have already made new runes, its not that hard to figure out that you make a rune that says “has a chance to increase str by 15%, heal for 6%, and every auto attack does x frost damage and increases your enemies’ vulnerability to your Frost attacks by 3%, stacking up to 5 times. Requires Frost specialization. Requires two-handed weapon.”

Problem solved.

1 Like

A fine idea!

Yeah, having a new rune that is restricted to 2H would likely work better.

If it was not a great choice for unholy/blood it likely would not even need to be restricted by spec.

It would be just because of the extra frost damage per auto attack. Its not much, and other than that it wouldnt do anything for increasing frost damage, an increase is an increase.

1 Like

Yeah that seems the simplest fix overall.

No need to change how things work right now to implement either.

Now you have a simple knob to tune between the two weapon choices too.

It would be cool if they played slightly differently too (chunkier obliterates gaining + frost damage that actually scales with mastery)

The spec isnt set up to really change how it is played based on weapon choice, and I dont think it should. You should be able to get a weapon drop and use it without having to go through talents and gear just to make it work.

Everyone likes bigger obliterates just tune obliterate accordingly. I dont even like saying this but, even DW players (who i see as frost players) didnt like not being able to use Obliterate due to the masterfrost build, or highly cut down on its usage or just completely ignored it.

I dont even like to split the spec in DW and 2h because it should just be a frost death knight. You either like it or you dont. Every other spec is what it is. People dont segregate themselves in to Nightfall Affliction player vs Death Bolt Affliction player. Its just affliction and they talk about what is wrong with that tier. Some use Nightfall because its easier, some play Death Bolt because they are forced because they are pushing dps. But they dont segregate themselves into some warring factions saying Nightfall is better, No Death Bolt is better.

Frost should be frost should be frost. Build a fun spec, have it play the same for either weapon, reduce the differences as much as possible, 2h runeforge, KM nerf to DW and a buff to proc chance across the board and be done with it. Then you can actually see what people want. Bigger obliterates, alright make that more important, dont like that KM is based off of crits and just gives a crit, alright tack on some Frost damage to obliterate when it consumes KM and helps it scale, 2 birds one stone.

What else?

2 Likes

No need for them to play differently, but bigger obliterates for all! I am fine with that. I would have preferred that this whole time I have been stuck with DW anyway.

EDIT: Obliterate will look bigger because it won’t be split into two attacks, that will help haha.

This wont matter because since weapon skills are now AP% and not weapon based, both DW and 2H hit for the exact same on skills. It’s just 1 number vs 2 numbers but the damage is the same.

If 2h can get a bit crit, so can DW so this point is pretty much null.

That’s easy to do, and would be done. They made a 1h only version of SSG, and made the original 2h only.