Idea for leavers

I’m glad someone like you isn’t on the dev team cause you would get fired so fast for even suggesting such a stupid idea.

I think you make some good points. When I use the RDF 9 times out of 10 I expect to get a full run. When bosses are popular to kill and half runs are more likely than full runs I think there’s a problem.

@Xiuying Don’t you have anything better to do? We are having a discussion here :slight_smile:

hehe… better idea is to implement ‘social score’. Not completing dungeons lowers it and completing dungeons raises it. Possible endorsment system where players can vote one person MVP for bonus score.

Then allow people to filter players with a score below and certian amount. Keep it simple with 5 ranks. Being kicked doesnt impact your score to prevent greifing.

People would want to keep their ranks high to have shorter queues.

edit: perhaps an ask to leave function, like a self vote-kick if IRL happens.

2 Likes

There is already a system being instituted now:

Hey I like this idea too! it’s sorta like pvp levels. I think something like this would definitely be helpful ingame

1 Like

Nope. It’s simpler than that.

If someone leaves a dungeon after a particular boss, well that leaves vacancies in those groups doesn’t it?

Just put them into a group in that same dungeon after the boss they previously killed.

That doesnt stop repeat offenders. Maybe if the debuff got longer each time you deserted and reset weekly it would be more effective.

If someone is doing it repeatedly then it comes to the same thing. They get a wait time, go in again, leave again, get waiting time again.

Yes, but each time they leave make it 30 minutes longer. First time 30 minutes, then 1 hour, then 1.5 hours… then 2 hours!.. then 42 YEARS!..

:smiley:

1 Like

I am doing something better. You gave a suggestion, i gave a response. Chill with the attitude just cause someone doesn’t like your idea.

Rather that increasing penalties, it might be better to provide incentives for completing dungeons and/or place items that incentivize quitting early at the end of a dungeon. There may be reasons we don’t know for someone leaving a group more than once which are basically innocent (even Blizzard’s support note indicates it can happen for disconnections) so getting extra thumps on top of having game or other tech issues would feel sort of bad. Just a thought that perhaps a positive approach might be better.

1 Like

Uhh an insult on character unrelated to the issue is not very constructive tsk tsk

@Kneeshooter, Yeah! Perhaps and extra roll on the final boss for players who entered the dungeon later on as suggested earlier in the thread!

It’s perfectly related. you just don’t know how to accept criticism.

Really? So, I am going to be forced to stay in a key with low DPS? Great

If a boss dies the deserter isn’t applied from what I was told. So it’s kind of worthless at the moment.

Arn’t keys premade groups?

mb i cant read

place items that incentivize quitting early at the end of a dungeon

Just make it like M+ where no bosses drop loot until a chest at the end. You want your drop off the first boss, cool run it until the end and see if you get lucky like you would in M+

I left a dungeon this morning because some of the group were being verbally abusive. Pretty messed up thing for you to want to force people to play with abusive players

i wonder how many times it actually is an emergency.

it’s more things like “my goldfish is drowning”. usually.