I'd like to see the Alliance take a very dark turn

“Tyrande in a bid for vengeance kills all Horde racial leader allied with them.”

“Treason is handled in house. It is our problem to clean up, not for the Alliance to get in the middle of.”

So tyrande can kill “horde traitors” (saurfang,baine,thrall) or not?

2 Likes

Tyrande’s motivation is vengeance, not justice.

If Sylvanas were to kill them, it would be for treason.

Same outcome, different reasons.

There is a difference?

Who gets to kill Saurfang. Say it plainly.

1 Like

Obsolutelyt there is a difference. Vengeance is retaliation, justice is about restoring balance.

4 Likes

They are both consequences of a perceived wrong and are hence equivalent.

1 Like

No, they really aren’t, and the fact you cannot see the difference is rather disturbing.

3 Likes

They are the same exact thing.

2 Likes

1. Revenge is predominantly emotional; justice primarily rational.
2. Revenge is, by nature, personal; justice is impersonal, impartial, and both a social and legal phenomenon.
3. Revenge is an act of vindictiveness; justice, of vindication.
4. Revenge is about cycles; justice about closure.
5. Revenge is about retaliation; justice about restoring balance.

4 Likes

alright.
lets say that we have our whratgate moment and tyrande nukes thunderbluff, killin horde and alliance leaders and soldier alike (wow red wedding)

Now that in theory sounds great for a big drama and subvert expectations and whatever.

But she would be killing her biggest allies versus the actual responsible for teldrassil.
don’t you think that is… hmm not ideal?

3 Likes

Revenge and Justice are both a retaliation.
You are only using justice as an excuse to scapegoat one character as the sole blame of everything.

There is no system of law for your justice to function in. So any retaliation constitutes both a vengeance and justice.

3 Likes

Oh, ok.

No, I wasn’t suggesting she kill Alliance leadership, just Horde. She would kill those Horde leaders that Allied with them.

1 Like

I wanna see Yrel come to Azeroth, absolutely decimate a horde city, and then demand alliance support. Then I want to see the Alliance decimate itself as the Night Elves and Worgen support Yrel, but the humans stay pro-peace and love due to anduin. As usual, the dwarves and gnomes will stay in the background and be mostly comic relief.

It won’t happen, because yet another faction war would be stupid. But it would have been interesting. also, this was mostly tongue and cheek, but i do support the alliance becoming a bit less square-jawed hero-y

5 Likes

A Crusade of Light?

If she is coming, she’s coming for everyone. I don’t think which faction they are a part of would matter.

And I don’t think any one race would side with them. Even Azeroth’s Lightforged Draenei.

For Azeroth’s Lightforged, becoming that was one made of free will, a philosophical choice.

For the Lightbound, it was forced.

I could see Azeroth’s Lightforged actually leading the fight against AU Yrel.

Well of course. God forbid there is a single Alliance character that is hostile towards the Horde.

3 Likes

you can’t see the night elves under Tyrande or worgen under Genn as being pro-Yrel? I can.

No. They would have to give up their religion.

Elune is their Goddess. Yrel would force them to give that up and follow only the light.

And the Worgen are more like the Forsaken than they think. They were mindless before the NE’s cured them. They wouldn’t want to give up their free will for Yrel.

2 Likes

fair point. I haven’t unlocked the mag’har yet, so i haven’t seen yrel’s full on crazy yet. I’m almost exalted, and i won’t watch things on you tube i haven’t earned in game.

1 Like

She’s a comform and join or die kind of gal.

gotcha. Is it weird that i’m more excited to unlock the scenario than i am to unlock the mag’har?

3 Likes

It’s a really great quest chain, I have played through it several times.