I'd like to see the Alliance take a very dark turn

I literally provided proof. I’ve also seen other posts where others have provided other factors, or proof in regards to which you’ve openly ignored or quoted other things to nit-pick on; other than the valid points.

You appear to be rather bullheaded, so I’d imagine many others have had to debate too many times, and frankly are tired of constantly having to provide the same points and evidence.

That I agree, for people to say such things is just dull minded … but I wouldn’t say most the Horde player base think that, but I have seen a few that have stated it.

That’s simply not true. There was such a large outrage after the events of Teldrassil, there was even abuse going out to the writers.
There were Horde players spewing forth threads raging how it’s nothing at all of what they wanted, so if you’re going to sit there and tell us ‘All the Horde players want this kind of mayhem/destruction or genocide as much as I believe the Horde does’ then your entire basis mind set is sickening as you believe the Horde’s is and you’re no better, because evidence to the contrary shows entirely otherwise.

I and many rational people do not blame Christie Golden, or the other book writers: Because we understand it’s like she stated - she’s only following orders. And merely flesh the story out.

There is however, a large portion of the Horde that like you’ve stated are rather demented. They need to be taught a brutal lesson, so overall I agree on that note. Alliance need a win (Siege of Orgrimmar does NOT count).

I’d personally like them to have a testament of strength rein over the orcs. Whether it’s a spell of mass destruction, or genetic targeting virus ‘Give the Horde a taste of their own medicine’ vibe, I’d like to see something that makes them feel as crippled as the Nightelves.
Basically have a small taste of this ‘Morally Grey’ we were promised.

1 Like

What did Valtrois say specifically?
I am quite familiar with the little orc boy in the valley of heroes, he says nothing of substance. Something like “why are we fighting” or some such. Nevermind that he is a meme reference to God of War 4.

There has been absolutely zero characters that would void disagreements, warnings or whatnot about what they have done at Teldrassil, their monsterous actions or even warning the Horde player that they should not go over board.

The Horde does not get these texts. If they did why would Baine, Saurfang or any number of characters not reference Horde actions and continued actions in Darkshore?
I mean sure you had Lorthemar say “there is a schism since Teldrassil” and that is pretty much it. If you think that’s some sort of moral dilemma reflection of Horde races you are gravely mistaken.
Throughout the game the Horde narrative has not heard the word Teldrassil no more than twice and neither time was within a context we could even remotely describe as remorseful.

Lol I am sure it was but most of it were BBQ jokes and Blizzard blue posts telling Alliance players to be happy with NE ashes.

We will never get that because to Horde players UC and BoD were payment enough for Teldrassil. And now you have a few threads on this forum about Sylvanas vindication and Alliance players are too stuck up with the whole WoT events.

You may believe Horde posters are unhappy about Teldrassil but it is most likely its presentation. If it had an epic soundtrack and all of them smiling proudly or something they would have had no problems with it.
But because the mood is somber and the whole event is framed as a terrible event they feel shamed.
I mean there are more rage posts about Baine or Saurfang being Alliance bootlickers than Horde monstrous actions. That shows you where priorities lies for the Horde playerbase.
But enough about the playerbase. They were never the focus of my posts.

Because of a few jokes, doesn’t remove the fact that there were immense amounts of the player base p!ssed about it. The point still stands, regardless.

I completely, and utterly disagree. If that’s what you think, then perhaps I was wrong to think we came mildly to an understanding …

I merely think Saurfang’s reasons for siding against the Alliance aren’t justifiable. It’s merely because it didn’t align with his ‘Orcish’ standards and code. I’d personally like to see some kind of dispute & showdown which results into Tyrande executing him. As for Baine, he did the right thing but he could had been more tactical about it - Garona even stated he acted brashly & exposed himself too soon (Pretty sure she’s still working primarily with the Uncrowned as an insider, than the Horde).

Pissed for what exactly?
Saurfang is pissed off because his Horde is getting ruined.

He has zero remorse in what he actually did. Teldrassil was just a tool to push this idea of a ruined Horde. I don’t see Saurfang, Baine or Thrall even a bit remorseful or horrified of what they have done.
Where are the other Horde leaders and their outrage? Circkets man. Crickets.

When you take a quest to kill some Alliance do you also hear NPCs warning you about civilians and whatnot? Because I do. All the damn time.

Of this one. I am nearly certain.
Its not the event that is outrageous but its less than happy presentation.

Except he hasn’t sided with any Alliance. Where is he in Darkshore?
Why isn’t he fighting side by side with us in Dazaralor?
Where the heck does he come off lecturing us about Rastakhan? Like did those words really come out of his mouth?
Baine, Saurfang, Thrall, Sylvanas, Lorthemar and so on… at the end of the day they are all the same. Different speeches but ultimately the same actions.

There are so many various reasons. Go towards the threads and read for yourself for others.

I for one, was mad they didn’t have a morally grey expansion as promised. I thought Blizzard was done writing Horde as ‘The Blind Flock Following Whatever Warchief - Conquering Society’, as well as Alliance no longer being derps of “But the Horde are easy-picking savages, and we told them no so guess it’s okay now.” but I guess they lied and we were all optimistic. Shame on us right?

It’s apparently been confirmed he’s helping with tactics to assault ‘Sylvanas’s Horde’ (His words), they’ve already showed a model of an Alliance Armoured Wolf he’s going to ride; so unless they change their minds :man_shrugging:

I wouldn’t align Baine and Sylvanas under the same tree, nor would I the others as the same, they clearly have their own character, morality and ways they handle particular events & expressions. Each have their own reasons to why they joined the Horde, and stay.
Ultimately you believe that they’re all truly evil, and capable of no redemption regardless of any action they could take. I don’t really see a point in arguing against that matter or advising why you’re wrong because it would be wasted energy so I’ll leave it simple:
I believe in the races within the Horde, and their concordance.
However, I do believe the Horde as a faction needs a complete change. It feels cursed at this point, and perhaps a good ole purge / series of horrifying events is what’s needed to arise from the ashes as something unrecognisable, apart from the part of them banding together to survive and help one another.

1 Like

What if you set it on fire afterwards?

2 Likes

Keep dreaming OP, none of us sensible thinkers want to be your personal unjustified punching bag like you bemoan yourself being in the story.

I wouldn’t that though but…

and this is a big BUT…the kind that the anaconda does want.

It would have to be written in such a way that the Alliance would turn on that individual leader and kick them out of the alliance or try them for war crimes and given the appropriate follow up punishment.

Same. There were complaints from Horde when there were just rumors they would be starting a war.

1 Like