Ice Fishing bugged when on "Net Worth" quest

I’m on “Net Worth” at Grimtusk’s Fishing Hole (current status: Rich). I’ve disabled all my Add-Ons, logged all the way out, and logged back in. When I’m on “Net Worth”, every attempt to collect fish from an ice hole results in an instant re-cast and no loot. When I drop the quest, I can ice-fish normally, and collect fish normally. If I re-take the quest, the defect returns.

16 Likes

same issue for me

This is a problem. Also, the ice fishing hole rare lunker, the polar bear, seems to be way overtuned now.

This is also a problem for me. When I cast my line, it appears like it’s working until I attempt to reel in a fish, at which point it just re-casts and never actually pulls anything in. I’ve confirmed that once I drop the quest, fishing returns to normal and I am able to fish in any/all ice holes in the Azure Span.

1 Like

A solution is to use the “Interact with Target” keybind, which can be found in Options>Keybindings>Targetting.
I had the same issue where it would recast instead of collecting the items, and using this button keybound instead of re-clicking worked for me. Still a problem though in the long run!

9 Likes

Same here. Just one more glitch I guess.

I thought I was going crazy. Turned off fishing add-ons, elvii etc dropped quest still could not complete

1 Like

Just now, I had glitching on the quest. Then I dropped it and took the quest again and it worked.

Drop and reload fixed this. As for the Bear, it can be handled with the right interrupt. The problem is the invisible crabs from the other quest attacking you and not being targetable.

I’m having this issue too. I’ve abandoned the quest and reaccepted it with no luck.

1 Like

Interact with Target had no effect (didn’t cause a recast but didn’t loot the line) for me, and interact with mouseover produced the same error, just recasting the line with no loot.

Sorry, no solution there. (How would it work, even? The ice fishing hole isn’t targetable)?

1 Like

And the ice fishing is broken again with Net Worth.

1 Like

Again? I only posted this a couple of days ago, and I haven’t seen prior reports. Is this a repeat bug?

Had this problem today while trying to complete ‘Net Worth’. Tried dropping and retaking the quest several times with it not fixing it.

When I turned on the “enable interact key” option and used it over the pool, it finally worked. Just as other people have stated.

3 Likes

[Bigboomer93] on Wowhead commented:

While this does indeed happen, I found its possible to still click the bobber. I had my camera facing the opposite way: So your POV should be other side of the fishing hole, hugging the ground, making it possible to fish.

That should be another of the attempts at a workaround so people can get this quest completed if they’re affected. Haven’t tried it yet. I was actually able to complete the quest today, but since yesterday, I upgraded to windows 11 so who KNOWS what-all changed.

1 Like

I also am having this problem… Frustrating because I have been working hard to get the mats for the improved fishing gear, and have most of them…

1 Like

Today, May 14th, 2023, still bugged!

1 Like

Thank you. “Interact With Target” worked. And as soon as I fished up the quest item the ice fishing hole started working normally.

I used a bobber toy and that made it so I could highlight the bobber instead of the fishing hole and that worked for me.

1 Like

Just started having the same issues. Thanks for all the helpful advice of fixing it!!