ICC Lockout Method Broken

What about Dragon Soul? You HAD to wait until inside to change to heroic. Can we just not run heroic at all in there anymore?

a full clear of ICC still takes ~20 minutes, using the lockout method killing the LK only takes about 2-3 minutes. if you are running 10 accounts per week to kill him, thats a difference of 20-30 minutes vs 200+ minutes.

thats why.

2 Likes

Tried the usual method today and its still either bugged or no longer a thing. RIP

How about you play it on Heroic and not worry about it? :man_shrugging:

Because it takes about 5 hours less when spread out upon 10 characters. How about not worry about something that has worked in twelve year old content since WoD?

i dont even need to read this thread, im sure its all WAAAH WAAAH WAAH I WANT MY MOUNT BUT DONT WANT TO HAVE TO WORK FOR IT

1 Like

You’re funny dawg, running a 12 year old raid all the way through is certainly working for it

With my DK I can clear all ICC in about an 1 hour on Heroic.

1 Like

some people just dont want to have to work hard

It will still work for Garrosh and Ulduar (in fact it will work for Firelands, BT and any raid after SoO for normal and heroic modes) since they use the flexible loot lockout system. Honestly I found it weird that the ICC lockout cheat actually worked since ICC uses the old (and current mythic) lockout system, where you are locked to the ID, not the bosses themselves.

Well firstly, that’s really slow, and also not the argument here. I can run it in about 25 minutes on my DK, but each class takes 25-30 minutes. Across 10 characters thaty’s about 5 hours when it used to take 5 mins per character, so about 1 hour for all of my toons. That is the issue here.

If that’s what you take from this, aight man. Keep “working hard” as you faceroll through hours of mind numbing content when it used to take significantly less time.

youre proving my point, you dont want to have to put the work in you want to continue to skip

I never knew about this method. I’ve been running the whole raid on 5 charaters for the past year. Finally got the mount yesterday. Wish I could have saved some time but it’s not that bad. Just put a show on the other monitor and cruise through it

Why can’t you just clear up to LK on 25H and save the lockout there instead of changing the difficulty inside the instance? Just curious.

Because the heroic lockout is shared. That’s why you cleared on normal, and when you swapped to your other toon changed the difficulty inside the instance.

If you clear on heroic and switch toons, you’ll save the first toon too.

Anybody know if this was fixed in todays new build?

It has not been fixed

Literally same! (Well more like four weeks, but yeah)

Guess it’s a good thing I got it before this happened. I dunno if I could ever go back to the regular way of clearing all of ICC on every alt every week.

1 Like

Honestly how many screw you’s can Blizzard throw up in the face of their player base before people start realizing we’re running on a treadmill that’s never going to stop? They’re breathing the fun out of the game for the sake of a few extra dollars. I’ve been farming invincible for 10 years and I still don’t have it. I don’t have as many kills as many, but I pugged 25M ICC in Cata Tier 11 must have been 50 times. (It was still hard to lead 25 randos through ICC in tier 11).

What a different game it was. The second an expac is over nowadays everyone quits. Why? Because people bought all the crap they would go back and farm for at the end of the expac now anyways! Probably with WoW tokens. HMMMMM.

1 Like