ICC Lockout Method Broken

That’s what I’m saying. If it was an exploit in current content, I would be all for shutting it down, but why on earth would you slow down content from over 10 years ago? It’s a silly thing to argue for and I’m assuming it was probably unintended since this has been a known thing since WoD.

God please. Just do this for Uldua, ICC, and SoO and we are good Blizz. I beg you.

7 Likes

Could have something to do with why it’s not working right now, but i noticed ICC is considered a dungeon, at least in terms of setting the difficulty. It still gets saved on raid lockout, but you change the difficulty under ‘dungeon difficulty’

That’s really interesting if that’s the case. I noticed you cant change difficulty inside of any legacy raid as of now.

Sounds like one of those changes made that just happens but is so low priority we won’t hear anything on it for some time. I often start ICC only to realize that it’s bumped me down from heroic to normal despite having heroic preselected.

Yep, this has happened to me too. Now you’re essentially screwed out of a weekly lockout because you can’t change back.

You had like 8 years…sorry…

I wonder if the Ulduar method of lockout will work with ICC now then.

And? I had over 200 attempts from this past year of farming and haven’t gotten it to drop. “I already got it so it’s okay to screw everyone else over” is a weird take, man. But you essentially exist to troll on the forums so I’m not surprised.

3 Likes

Exactly. So, why change it now? Other than to just annoy people. Silly change.

4 Likes

Worst part of something like this is we don’t know if it was intentional or a just a bug because they are so bad at documenting changes and fixes.

I feel for anyone still going for Invincible if this is permanent.

2 Likes

I’ve been farming it off and on for a few years now. Finally decided to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and start farming it consistently with all like… 15 toons a week.

And now this. Dangit!

Right! They already made it harder by removing the auto accept a few years ago. Removing it entirely is just evil.

1 Like

This is the biggest thing. Hopefully now that it’s been posted to WoWhead it will gain a bit of traction and they’ll say something.

I’m in the same boat lmao, sucks for us.

Just give every raid that drops a mount at the end the skip quest.

4 Likes

I just found out how to use this method last week and boom, now it doesn’t work.
:frowning:
Icy-Veins has an article now about it, but it is not very informative.

1 Like

That’s the issue, WoWhead has one too. And neither article has information because Blizzard has given none. Like why are we just all of a sudden not allowed to change raid difficulties now while inside? That has been a thing for a very long time.

1 Like

At this point I assume it’s a bug because breaking this intentionally doesn’t pass the sniff test. This is still frustrating though especially if it doesn’t get fixed before the end of the week. For people with 10-12 alts (or more) you’re talking about either not doing it this week (and maybe longer) or dumping in 6+ hours if you want to go for it.

1 Like

Not sure if trolling or actual idiot…

2 Likes

It still works for Ulduar because you don’t have to change the instance difficulty on this one. Ulduar has only one difficulty.
ICC required to change from Normal to Heroic while inside the raid, which is no longer possible.

1 Like

Nearly 200 attempts and no drop, then this change happens. Welp, thanks for wasting hours of my time, Blizzard. I would do an Invincible shared lockout across 12 character each week for the past while as I’ve really wanted the mount. I don’t mind being unlucky, but when crap like this happens it’s pretty frustrating.

But what else can you expect from the company that is the front runner in showing brain damage in game design form.

2 Likes