I would rather shove a sharp stick into my ear

Narrator: “It was, in fact, that bad.”

You have 7.4k posts and you’ve never once read a single flying thread? SMH If you don’t know by now you’ll never get it.

That is fun, so you ask me what makes the maw not fun? It takes longer to get to the fun. It’s like you’re not even paying attention.

For me its less about fast=fun and more about fast=less time spent doing the garbage i don’t want in order to do the stuff I do want to do.

1 Like

Apparently saying “why are you bringing up this” means i never visited a single flying thread… Literally, my 6th liked comment links to a Pathfinder thread. :man_facepalming:

My post history is open for anybody to read. I would highly advise you go there.

Here infact, here’s a little search i have conducted to make it very easy.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?q=Flying%20category%3A171%20%40Baridorielor-malfurion

If were going by what i think it’s fun, i mean fun is just literally right around the corner.

But i do see what your saying here, that if it takes long to get to the fun, then the fun thing might not be as fun because you had to spend time to getting to the fun things.

TheMaw is fine unless you’re a wheelchair class like me. Rogues, ferals can stealth. Paladins can just eat everything for breakfast. Druids can already mount. Hunters can FD and kite with pets.

It’s definitely a get in and get out quickly place.

Yet you ask why flying threads are relevant to the maw discussion? You should know the answer.

Yes. The tedium makes the fun things less fun because you get frustrated with the tedium it takes to get to the fun things.

And i do. It just happens to be the same answer i had for the Maw, but with flying mounts and the world instead.

Fair enough.

While i do see how speed/length as a minor factor on making something fun, it still is a factor none the less.

I know some see it as minor, and speaking for myself, it’s not that minor. I’d say it’s at least a medium factor in my enjoyment. I’m still enjoying SL but I think I’d enjoy it much more if I could fly and mount in the maw.

You can just do neither OP.

You don’t need sockets or 226 conduits to finish normal CN.

Does anybody actually do those?

The Maw or the depression?

Just you wait. I bet the next raids location is in the Maw…

Next raid is in the Maw and half your abilities are locked until you grind to exalted in a zone that forces you to RP walk everywhere. Can’t wait!

I feel like the term “optional” has lost all meaning when it comes to WoW. It’s been “technically…”'d so many times and on every occasion, that even rationale arguments are easily dismissed by it.

Gem sockets are technically optional, but as someone who has played WoW for a very long time…anything you can do to upgrade your character’s power level is not optional.

Far as any videogame is concerned, anyway. I dislike putting WoW on the same level as real-life things just to diminish the importance of these things.

Most characters are able to function totally fine without the minor power balance of gems.

It may be a player power upgrade, but if the content is so frustrating to a person, perhaps the reward is not worth the investment.

Appreciative gang. Goodbye Maw.

Not the point. Most characters can function without 1 ring on too, but clearly it’s gimping them. When you consider all 4-5 gem slots, it’s comparable.

Well I agree here, but purely on the basis of personal well-being.

Player power that’s obtainable solo should have a grind, don’t get me wrong; my argument is almost entirely based on the premise of what ‘optional’ in WoW truly means.

Yeah. That. ^

• M