I Would Play Arena With Zero Rewards

Oh so you enjoyed playing on a level playing field where everyone had access to the same gear?

2 Likes

You’re moving the goal posts and arguing in bad faith so I will not be responding again. But, you realize this is an MMO? If you want to compete on a level playing field you can go download Counter Strike or DOTA. There will always be the impact of gear disparity in World of Warcraft. Have a nice afternoon.

1 Like

Your reasoning were opinionated based upon no actual data but, your own speculation. Saying that the story was finished when players have clearly called WoW content dull, boring, reused/recycled, etc is a far better stance to take than someone not being interested because Lich King is dead.

Maybe for a Zoomer brain it seems hardcore but, back in those days playing a game that took days to see the middle of the story content was expected. No one played a game like Chrono Trigger or a strategy title with the expectation they were going to be done in a day or two.

Look at the rivals of WoW during the time it released. It was so casual other players mocked it because of that casual setting/behavior. Everquest, DAoC, etc were far more challenging and hardcore compared to WoW with their zero penalty system.

Mentioning the late game when players had more available time because they weren’t questing any longer and had a community built up to play in those instances. Playing for ~3 hours in Molten Core and calling it a week was fine for most people.

As soon as you link your opinionated piece on the story being concluded that players dropped from the game because of it.

Each expansion tells a tale too. What direction did they go with after Wrath that we suddenly saw a loss of subs?

Because I enjoy PvP and I don’t enjoy an aspect being so clearly imbalanced by creating thresholds in which I’m unable to compete at an equal level.

Yeah, it’s an excuse to not play PvP because they see nothing worth investing. When a large section of the playerbase doesn’t want to be feel like they suck they’re going to avoid it entirely. Which is why gear gating isn’t helpful for any content.

Where is this math you posted? Thus far you’ve been a sperg and an imbecile. Screaming sub numbers doesn’t validate your claims when it was clearly the game itself changed and left their core audience behind.

Take it which ever you like. You’re still an idiot.

3 Likes

I’ll just leave it at this. I’m glad you aren’t in charge of anything lol.

If you honestly are not aware blizzard subs have decreased every expac since wrath then I have trouble believing anything you say. It’s factual stuff out there. You can’t link in the forums but literally google wow subs since wrath.

Cata was the demise.

What did Cata bring?

1. End of Wrath was LFG which essentially was Cata at this point.
  2. Terrible story
  3. Casterclysm
  4. Trimmed down talent trees
  5. LFR
  6. Cross Realm Servers
  7. Raid content was bad and so too were the dungeons
  8. Old World removed entirely rather doing a switch flip

I don’t disagree the subs have dropped at all. I’m not even arguing against that fact. I’m arguing that the current retail path has done nothing but trim players away from this game. Ever since Activision took over this game has turned more into a cellphone game where there are less buttons and instant gratification.

The gear gating in Arena is a retail mindset of elitism. The Old Honor system was flawed because of gear inequality as well the timespent into trying to obtain it. Repeating the same failures of the Old Honor system as well as Retail Arena is just asking for a dead PvP scene. No one asked for these changes. They should be reverted and the gear gating should be lifted throughout all of TBC. Don’t repeat history if we’re making changes.

1 Like

It’s there to stop people from afk losing on purpose so that pvpers enjoy themselves.

You don’t see pvpers go to a raid and afk. We shouldn’t be dealing with it on our side.

Not even that, but also the gear difference if you don’t hit all the cr gates is not a big difference.

Again. Getting 1700 and equipping the head or whatever is there isn’t going to get you 1800. It’s not like getting one piece of gear is equivalent to the points required for the next rating.

You sure seem worried about little timmy getting some of those items…

Are you his white knight?
Timmy can fight his own battles, and if he can’t, he will sit on the porch in his blue pvp gear.

I bet you got 5th place in a league of 5 and still got a trophy as a child huh?

I get the feeling if this was Lord of the Flies…

You’d be crying your eyes out no one lets you have the conch shell…

I had a high enough rating to hold the shell, sucks that you and Timmy won’t be able to. Maybe practice more.

Thats harsh and I think part of the reason the PVE comunity have a bad outlook on arenas and PVP. It should be fun and in TBC its fast paced so if you know how to do fast PVE burst, learn to sheep the healer and apply it to a DPS class and prolly win or come close. TBC arena will not be the crap show the last couple expansions have been. It was actually very fun as I remember not even being a high rated player. Around 1500 I was still enjoying myself because games are quick and fun.

EDIT: It will still be gibby sometimes due to certain classes, but all classes had an identity back then and all had the possibility to gib someone. Its just more fun PVP on a simpler time before every class was the same and only the overtuned ones from SL and BFA won games.

1 Like

Yes now lets run down the average casuals attempt at finding an arena partner when…

A. Most of them who were after pve aspirations probably wont bother.

B. Maybe you run a meta spec maybe not… better tho since options dwindling.
Which adds more ridiculous gates to the “potential future combatants”

C. Lets increase the bar to entry on ZERO incentive for pve players AND casuals (who may or may not be unskilled) as well as just bads in general.

What is the incentive to get better with so many barriers and gladspergs flexing on people which is just sad really…?

Where is the incentive?

2 Likes

That’s the thing man. Why does there need to be incentive? The entire time wow has put most of their resources in building pve. Like we all have said, most of us will pvp with or without rewards. We don’t need incentive. It’s fun enough just Qing. That’s the incentive.

I hope you don’t get bored of arguing about this. It’s fun to see you get worked up about something that won’t affect you because everyone knows pagle cant pvp.

2 Likes

The problem is that this appears to be an extraordinarily rare opinion. It’s worse than I thought. I mean, I know that PvP is a bit of a mini-game and that the majority of players don’t enjoy it. But it would actually appear that arena is just absolutely reviled by 99.9% of WoW players and without tangible, accessible rewards from it they will just literally never queue. Ever.

Back in Season 8 there were an estimated 8mil WoW accounts subbed. There were 1mil accounts above 1000 rating at the end of the season. That’s about 12% of the entire playerbase stepping foot in arena, at least a little bit. That’s the highest proportion every recorded. In BFA there were an estimated 4mil subs at the end of Season 1 and only 44,000 accounts above 1000 rating (extrapolated from the 255 R1 titles that went out). That a 0.1% capture of the overall playerbase in arena. From 12% to 0.1% in 10 years.

I went into this knowing that, at best, only about 10% of TBC players will have any interest in arena. But the second Blizzard puts the weapons at 2050, out of easy reach, it seems like 9.9% of them have decided not to even bother.

If only 0.1% of the playerbase enjoys a game mode, might as well just freakin’ remove it.

1 Like

On the contrary. If only 1% or whatever number like something, why are the other 99% so riled up about it? We obviously care more.
Thanks.

yep you care so much you havent hit 2k rating in 3 years as a rogue?

And you grey parse…

Sure dude.

1 Like

Well glad to see you’re done arguing. Just repeating the same thing over and over that has no bearing on the convo. Have a good one tho. Cya at the start of every season for a couple games.