I Would Like The Ability to "Block" People From Adding Me As A Friend In-game

And looking up my character via /who. Both these mechanics while harmless on the surface are things that are mostly taken advantage of by people looking to stalk players. If I truly want to be someone’s friend they can add me on btag and one should be able to choose whether or not they want to be shown by /who. Add friend doesn’t require one to accept a request so it’s often used as a tracker and the same goes for /who. This causes a toxic environment for people being stalked by obsessive people in the game which is why I would like the ability to block people from tracking me via these methods.

4 Likes

I edited your statement to be more reflective of what I think is the biggest problem with those two issues you cited.

If someone is stalking you, takes screenshots and report them as that’s against the TOS.

9 Likes

This right here is why we need Btags under our names:

1. Level 55 Classic DK :white_check_mark:
  2. Zero post alt :white_check_mark:
  3. Troll topic posted after another topic about Btags :white_check_mark:

I think we’re done here.

23 Likes

That is also an issue however reporting unfortunately doesn’t always work.

Huh? How is asking for the ability to not be able to be tracked by potential malicious players trolling?

6 Likes

interestingly enough, I was about to request an option to BLOCK people from adding raid invites directly to my calendar, especially by unknown people who are not on my friends list.

very annoying to log to my main and see my calendar flashing . I click it and have to search day by day to see where the invite is and remove myself from an auto invite. to make matters worse, I see the same invite on alts.

why is this allowed? and also, why is there not an option to block it in options?

4 Likes

It’s just an ancient system. BTAG already exists which is one way that they could change this and another way they can change that is by simply requiring in-game friend requests. You have to get someone’s permission to be on their friends list would be a good change.

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

What’s with the eyeroll?

2 Likes

is this that one gnome who did not want btags due to this exact posting ?

the option exists to block guild invites but not calendar invites.

ancient is correct!

3 Likes

I’m going to be completely honest this is my first time actually using the forums. I have no idea who that is or really what that would have to do with not wanting btags or something.

that you think adding btags is used mostly by people wanting to stalk others is absurd.

set yourself to offline mode and go on with your day.

1 Like

??? That’s not at all what I meant…I’m talking about the in-game friend system.

I believe that they are trying to point out the fact that people regularly use posting toons that can’t be traced back to their actual mains to say things that they may find a little too risky to be attached to, yet do so this way instead, because of anonymity.

I’m saying that based off years of seeing the posting habits around here, and not to be mean or anything.

3 Likes

Oh well, I’m not going to beg for their validation. I think the implication of why I’m not using my main I play on for this post is a bit obvious based on the content of it.

1 Like

That’s why.

Just as an aside, I actively let people know that they should send their stalker types to me. I play very nicely with them, and act as a distraction for you.

I may charge a kitten .gif fee though, because kittens are cute.

I, however, can be a downright Evil Muffin when dealing with stalker types. :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree with your OP. I think it’s a great suggestion. :+1:

2 Likes

snark aside (and yes the notion that invites are mostly used to stalk is worthy of snark), they DO need to do something about the calendar invite spam.

what that is that they need to do, idk. but I’m not the one paid to figure it out.

3 Likes

Well I’m not talking about just invites. I play on a roleplay realm with a guild and what we’ll have happen is people will keep us on friends lists and /who us to find where we’re interacting to troll us. I do agree that calendar invite is also an issue though.

1 Like

Calendar invites are a whole different can of worms than the OP. But they should only be Btag friends and guildies allowed.

2 Likes