I would honestly play more if WQ didn't suck so bad

I wonder which WQs in particular people find sucky, boring or grindy. Just because my threshold for declining something is definitely different. Taking a look at the current loadout, there are a few ‘fill the bar’ quests that I would avoid if I had options, most notably the patrol the forest one (the NPCs just take their sweet time, dunno); but I don’t hate the fill the bar ones, personally.

The only quest currently on the map I actively avoid is ‘A Matter of Stealth’. Simply because competing for the mob on that one feels really, really bad.

But I see tons of ‘ride this thing and maybe do a turret shooty thing’ - those are so easy? I dunno. My brain’s weird when it comes to skinner boxes though, so ymmv.

While world quests suck, what sucks even more is you start them after only 8+ hours of leveling.

This is the worst expansion in WoW with the pure laziness in design.

how is that any different from any other expansion?

2 Likes

Flying is the only thing that makes me even consider doing wqs, at least this “late” into the expansion.

The ‘content’ of this expansion consist of farming anima on 4 different toons in each Covenant, every day, to even have a slight chance of getting them all unlocked & things bought in a decent amount of time (months). That’s what it’s come to for me.

1 Like

I’ve done WQs everyday for past 2 months. This week will be the start of not doing and caring WQs.

I just don’t want to get funneled into M+ and heroic raids but world content is nonexistent so I have no choice

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

It’s true - I was part of the people who pushed after MOP to get rid of the Daily Quest Grind…

And they did…and replaced it with a system that is just as bad.

Honestly, WQs were not so bad in Legion and BFA…but something happened in Shadowlands and now the vast majority of WQ’s take 20 minutes to get through.

You shouldn’t have to “know which quests are good and which are bad” in order to just go do World Quests. WQ’s should be short quick stops, no more than 4-5 minutes to get through.

Honestly, the whole thing REEKS of MAU’s with SL WQs. Its like they sat down to try to make them intentionally longer, more obtuse, and generally not as fun JUST to make people play longer.

The sad part is, from what I anecdotally see, we don’t play longer, we just don’t do them at all.

As a staunch supporter of the “Get rid of Dailies” crowd…I want dailies back…at LEAST they had a little story to them and you unlocked more as time went on making you feel like you were making some progress in a story instead of just “here is 20 different time consuming stupid things you can do”

For instance, why do the Boggarts in the Ardenweald WQ at the Theatre have so many stupid HPs? This WQ should take 3-4 minutes to get through but because someone gave these mobs a million HP it takes 15 mins to slog through it. WHY???

1 Like

Everything is black and white with Clark… Either you agree with him or he doesn’t understand why you are wrong.

1 Like

Its pretty sad when the fastest world quests are the pet battle ones…

2 Likes

Lol this 100%… I actually did like WQ’s in Legion and BfA, but because “other” people complained, I get lumped in with them because the contrarians on this forum like to use the same tired arguments and defend the system.

1 Like

Furthermore, why did we get rid of the Candy Crush and the ley line world quests? I actually enjoyed doing those quests and they were quick, efficient, and actually kind of fun!!!

Why is there not just a “kill a named and your done”. No its, kill 30 mobs, then loot 8 items, then kill a named, and then go back to a quest giver…bleh

Or “Go loot 8 flutes from some spriggans!” Oh that doesnt seem so bad, but wait were gonna put 18 spriggans around every single flute

1 Like

I really liked the nazjatar puzzle quests but, for some reason people HATED them. Like, you’d see several posts a day of people complaining about playing an awful kiddy game like candy crush in wow because it totally disrespected their character power and showed how lazy blizz is to copy from candy crush.

2 Likes

If I wanted to play a Candy Crush clone I would go play Candy Crush… Its cool you like that stuff, I think it is lazy and terrible.

Wow, you would play the game more if the game didn’t completely suck??

You’re really blowing my mind right now.

1 Like

Once flying is allowed, it will be easier-just hang in there.

Also miss the mini-games - surprised they weren’t included.

I just do the dungeon ones(to complete the dailies) and sometimes the WQ ones when I’m waiting for BGs to pop. Even then I try to do the ones with the path of least resistance.

those blessed days when you have a pet battle, profession quest and karate master up at the same time.

1 Like

Some of them suck, but others are super easy, barely an inconvenience.

They should have kept WQs as they were, and added in an “invasion” system that allowed for more intricate, involved quests, at a higher rate. Maybe 30 minutes ever hour, so half of the time, you have these extra quests that pop up, that are totally optional. That would also help with rep/anima farming, since you would get more quests throughout the day. Keep the rewards to anima, gold, and rep.

3 Likes