I won't pay to carry my character on from classic

Fair enough.

Right, I pointed that out several times. A simple server transfer is $25. For TBC Blizzard is doing that for free.

If you want to copy your character and do a server transfer in retail, it’s $85.

Not all of it. Boost only go to level 50. TBC transfer is max level 60. Pretty much the same damn thing… 10 levels below max.

You’re skipping 60 levels unless for some odd reason you’re transferring a low level toon, which seems pointless.

I don’t remember when it happened but boosts haven’t offered the free garrison and profession boosts in years. I wanna say they stopped doing that some time in Legion.

Nope.

the point about not having to pay for the expansion seems very relevant, too.

You know I’ve always been amazed how and why people on forums defend some stupid things blizz does like locked covenants conduit energy ect.

Yet here we are and people are def ending straight up price gouging by blizzard. Ya’ll really are shills

Blizzard is using emotional connection people have to their characters and knows most people will pay the 35 bucks because let’s be honest for most of us gamers it isn’t that much money And if I was gonna play tbc and had played classic I would copy my character.

But that doesn’t make it right. They are straight up robbing people.

1 Like

Exactly but the closet you’ll come to that is boosting a character that looks exactly like your toon. I wish retail offered a clone of my character for $35. So Blizzard is offering a similar but better service for less money.

M’am? M’am, I haven’t provided one example of price gouging but I can see how you’re confused since you don’t know what it means anyways.

Because they like the system too and don’t see it as dumb?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried to explain this for quiet a while now I’m going to give up and go to bed I guess shills will be shills.

I mean, I’ll say the same thing I said earlier.

Nobody’s making you pay $35 to keep a character on dying servers of what will soon be an antiquated (not that it wasn’t already, but will soon be even more antiquated) version of the game. Blizzard is handing out transfers to TBC servers for free, or they’re letting you keep characters on OG Classic for free. The cloning charge only comes into play if you are trying to play the same character on both clients.

I wish I had an option to say no when people are robbing me in real life.

Except that’s not anywhere close to what is happening here.

What is happening is a character transfer without deleting your character off it’s original server.

You can’t transfer characters and then boost on your old server and your new character have everything your old character had.

I mean, given this:

I’d be glad if you just quit the game entirely. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

lol :rofl:

Yeah it’s like a said, you’re getting a better service for less money since a boost sucks and doesn’t offer you as much benefit as this cloning service.

This is a gouge, how?

I didn’t call it a gouge. I called it over priced. And it’s over priced because there is actually a step less in it than a normal character transfer.

They are removing the deletion on the original server step. Less work yet they charge more for it.

1 Like

people are acting like blizzard is hanging out somewhere after a hurricane came through, selling water for $20 a bottle.

it’s an optional service in a video game. if you think the price is too high, don’t pay it – if enough of you agree, they’ll notice and lower the price.

:grimacing: pushes away cart

1 Like

This doesn’t make any sense. To transfer your character from Classic to TBC will be free. They’re giving you a clone of your character for $35. You can’t even get that in retail. The closet you can get to that is to boost a character that looks exactly like the one you just moved from your original server. That’s where I’m getting the $85.

2 Likes

back in the olden days, we had to pay for both vanilla and tbc, and didn’t have the option to clone our characters and keep one capped at 60 in original content.

i guess the people who really got gouged, are the ones who played back then.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

When I first heard of this I thought you could choose to either play Classic or roll into TBC and this was an optional cost that if you wanted to keep playing Classic AND have your character cloned on TBC, not an only choice if you wanted to continue your character on TBC.

Characters aren’t transfering from Classic to BC. Servers are being rolled over and new classic only servers are being made to copy your classic characters to.

2 Likes