I wish Disney bought Activision

Not a bad reason.

Activision suits & bean-counters are taking over positions in Blizzard which impacts day-to-day operations. So many Blizz folks are out and Activision suits are in key positions of power within Blizzard that Activision might as well be running day-to-day operations. I can only imagine the hell that Ion and John went through to delay Shadowlands until it’s ready when the Activision suits now in power at Blizzard were likely hammering them about “meet this deadline, I don’t care if staff works around the clock, make it happen or you’re fired.”

Blizzard is quickly losing their autonomy but it’s nothing new–as stated elsewhere Acti-Blizz is the holding company but in name only; Activision calls the shots whenever revenue targets they set are not met by the underlying divisions. Just ask yourself how many Blizz execs got promoted to influential positions when the merger happened (i.e., few to none).

Honestly, I hate Activision, but I hate the idea of Disney owning them more. Activision is poison to everything they touch, but Disney…they’re even worse.

Well China owns both so does it really matter at the end of the day?

Oh dear me, please no

Name those positions.

This is also known as “doubling down”.

That would be the one thing that would get me to delete all my characters and have my account permanently deleted and I would walk away from world of Warcraft and never look back.

Disney Marvel? Yes.

Disney Star Wars? No.

Disney video games? I’d rather not think about it.

Although having Blizzard World from OW become a real thing would be pretty sexy.

7 and 8 were pretty good ok

1 Like

“In March 2018, corporate parent Activision Blizzard seemed to exert more control, installing Amrita Ahuja (former Activision Blizzard senior vice president of investor relations) as Blizzard CFO.” Variety

“ActiVision ARE Taking Control” Bellular In reviewing this video again, it’s mostly rumor from recently separated/fired employees, but the undercurrent is that more than just the Blizz CFO position is now in the hands of an ActiVision suit.

J Allen Brack has been with Blizz since 2006 and was named president of the unit in 2018, but I wonder how much autonomy he has from the parent company these days or if he’s told by Ahuja “Cut your costs, cut this community support staff, bring this development timeline in or cut the project, etc.”

oh god they will ruin this like they did with The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and whatever the hell the 3rd sh*t one was.

Blizzard just needs to buy themselves back.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT… You just told me that news knowing …

• Dazar’lor and Zandalar Forever is MCU reference
  • Jaina is ELSAGRETHANOS 2.0 and have your Frozen song
  • Blizzard brought in too many PCs and political agenda content that is no longer the Blizzard I know.
  • no more bad word in someone characters like Sylvanas in WC3:reforged and Garrosh to Sylvanas in Cataclysm.
  • Heartstone second opening is a DISNEY musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI

• Overwatch is COPY+PASTE From Big hero 6.
  • and China have a thematic park about Blizzard world and Overwatch map

I don’t think it’s news, but I think Blizzard made another decision:

For Disney to not buy me, you have to be like Disney.

Disney is too busying killing itself to buy anything.

I don’t know, but every day I see that Blizzard is no longer making mature games and it looks more like the wonderful world of Disney, in fact I don’t think that Diablo IV is totally violent to what was the first 2 sequels.

From the variety link you just shared :

“As the new fiscal year began for the publisher in January, it suffered the loss of two chief financial officers, Spencer Neumann (who handled finances for Activision Blizzard), and Ahuja

So No Amrita is no longer the CFO of Blizzard. According to the article I’ve linked she’s been the CFO of Square since Janurary 2019. Her twitter still lists her as CFO of Square.

There is no CFO for Blizzard listed on ATVI’s leadership page and Dennis Durkin started as Activision Blizzard’s CFO in the same month I’m going to assume Amrita’s former duties is being filled by him.

Dennis Durkin was ATVI’s CFO from 2012 - 2017 then was ATVI’s chief corporate officer for a bit before taking on the CFO role when Spencer Neumann was removed from the position. He was also partially responsible for ATVI buying back their shares from Vivendi allowing ATVI to become a publically shared company.

WoW’s story is Disney-like enough, and the player base demands even more Disney like stories.

Every time a WoW main character goes off the human moral compass, they are turned into a weekly loot Piñata.

The sad part is that half the player base want to turn a war game into a tea party.

This game needs more plot, races need more character, WoW is just humans at this point, how much more Disney do you want it to get?

They turned the original alliance enemy as human as possible, a green orc, who suddenly grew eyebrows. You have faction leaders falling in love with each other.

You can’t get Disney-ier than this.

How zuen you garbadge in to garbadge? WoW’s story is trash and only getting worse over time.
I agree though Disney is trash too.

Not to rain on your little rant here, but I don’t see how romance is a disney thing.

Romance happens in all types of stories, genres, fiction, non fiction. People bang, that’s just a fact of life.