I wish Blizzard would communicate more with the community

They don’t even talk to the council members much.

I know these forums can be toxic but there are some good threads that could really use some communication and it’s dead silence.

Kinda like the ticket queue right now…dead silence. People are going almost 2 weeks before hearing from a GM.

Can you hire back some of the staff you got rid of?

32 Likes

While I agree that they should communicate with us more, the forums are an echo chamber of toxic people complaining about everything. Soooo I don’t blame them for their radio silence here.

18 Likes

I dunno.
So much information is data-mined now. I wonder what you’d have them say, beyond “defend yourself!”.

We all do.

1 Like

I wish I could disagree with this right here, but sadly, it is the truth. And only way to fix up the toxicity within the forums first is if there is moderation actually doing real moderation, and not just going off by the reports.

1 Like

They are currently in deep crunch preparing for the expansion that is releasing obviously too early. They are not going to waste their time mindlessly talking to the forum casuals. I am confident they are in some private non disclosure agreement discord with top-players discussing things that we’ll never get to see or know about.

2 Likes

I think we need the opposite. I think we need the developers spending more time doing work, and less time mugging for the cameras in youtube interviews. Let the marketing department talk to the streamers, let the developers get some work done.

7 Likes

Sadly, every time we had a real active member of Blizzard on the forums they would get really mistreated and beaten up badly. So much of the forum post are done now as trolling and backed up by people using their alts to make it look like it’s more important or popular. I can really see why they may read things, but just have no commit to it.

Maybe they wouldn’t get “mistreated and beaten up badly” if Blizzard didn’t do so much phenomenally stupid stuff.

5 Likes

It’s unfortunate because browsing these forums literally makes you hate the game more. It’s so negative, the opinions become yours… it’s just… yucky.

1 Like

Maybe the players shouldn’t act like spoiled 2 year olds tossing a fit either.

2 Likes

Oh, there’s some of that, no doubt. But much of the criticism leveled at Blizzard over the last few years is 100% deserved.

3 Likes

Ion: We hear your complaints Priest and Druid

Also Ion: Crickets on Guardian

:expressionless:

2 Likes

You mean all thr marketing and eSports people? How would that help?

There’s only so many times they can say “We know the ticket queues are long. We aren’t happy about it but we are working through it.”

2 Likes

There are known examples from the past of Ion just outright lying to us. Nobody should believe a word he says.

1 Like

So communicate with them so they stop complaining?
Kind of seems like a no-brainer to me.

The issue is that they are a giant corporation now. Giant corporations don’t really encourage random employees to flap their mouths, they usually have all kinds of things in place to keep people silent.

Lol you think that will stop them? There will ALWAYS be something to complain about.

The trick is to separate the always-complain-about-everything people (who should be ignored) from the majority who are making legit complaints.

Lumping everyone together into a “everybody is always wrong” pile like Blizzard seems to do, is a massive error.

2 Likes

More communication would be great, but don’t waste time with the Youtube Q&A’s, as they’re the most useless waste of everyone’s time. Set aside a thread for bi-weekly developer announcements and updates with no set format aside from just talking to us about current dev life. Pull the veil back a bit.

2 Likes