I wish Blizzard treated us as adults

I don’t think that’s it. An issue is that we’ve seen a lot of anti-personal loot trading threads along the lines of “Everytime I step into an instance, everyone else there demands my loot, they are abusive, and they kick me.” Which is entirely not credible.

There’s a sizeable number of players who think trading your own loot to another player, even within current restrictions, means the recipient is getting something they didn’t earn and don’t deserve.

You might be surprised at how outraged a number of readers became when I said that if I get a piece of tradeable loot I can’t use, I will inspect any player of that armor type and just open a window to trade it to a player who needs it, even if they aren’t paying attention. The readers thought I should open it to a roll so players who couldn’t even equip it could win it and vend it out, thus keeping it from that player who needed it as a big upgrade, but didn’t deserve help in their eyes.

Seriously every time the community doesn’t like something they scream and holler like petulant children and yet want to be treated like adults? While they may not be the majority they are the most vocal and thus give us all a bad reputation.

Seriously I think the way Blizzard treats the player base isn’t as bad as you are perceiving it.

1 Like

I’m going to tell you a story.

Once upon a time we could do that. But players complained about being harassed for their gear. I remember the whispers in LFR during Cata and MoP demanding my drop.

It got so bad there was/is an addon to notify you about it.

Blizzard was forced to change how loot works because of those players.

The end.

In other words blame your fellow players. It’s their fault.

2 Likes

Now when they see that you have higher item levels they still whisper you? “Hey do you need that” or worse. Like “Do you really need that? Come on man seriously I need that piece and I have been farming it for weeks.” And it goes on and on until you or they leave or get kicked.

There is an addon that sees what loot people have and then auto whispers you “Pretty please may I have that item that just dropped?” Or whatever the player decided to make it as. It even whispers people if it sees that you do not have the transmog appearance and sees the loot as tradable.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254739285?t=01h05m00s

Ion explains why it was removed in this interview. I don’t totally agree with his reasoning and if people didn’t like the loot system a guild uses they can always try and change it or leave. But he clearly was not happy with some of the situations that occurred due to master looting.

hmm looks like you haven’t had yours handed to you by a GOOD demo lock? or did they really say…? LMAO

They really said it.

Now do your world quests like a good boy, and don’t forget the emissaries! How can you have your cache if you don’t have your emissaries?

The peer pressure in groups. GImme loot or you will get kicked. Some people would get kicked when grouping with friends. I know it happened even with stuff like need/greed on old dungeons. I remember getting kicked from a lfg group back in wrath for the possibility of needing on a trinket. People do the darnest things online.

They said that so they could take away demo form and give it demonhunters, and give the playstyle to shadow…

I think its more accurate to want Blizzard to know how their actual game works. Trying to enforce this idea on sheep thatcilvl is king just shows they dont play their own game. A lot of people end up not liking a class at cap simply because they dont understand stat weights so youre sitting there as a verse heavy affliction warlock calling the spec trash.

Then they should add more content instead of the 5 things that have a timegate.

Yeah the AQ event turned into one of the largest dumpster fires I think I have ever seen in a game in a decade. And people think retail has toxic people. Classic took toxic to a whole new level.

Yeah… remember when LFR first rolled out with Dragon Soul, and raiders ran it to vote Need on all drops to screw people? That’s when Personal Loot was introduced. Not all raid groups do it, but there’s always been the loot councils and straight up loot ninjas using ML that ends up causing loot drama, and obviously a lot of extra work for Blizzard with tickets and account management.

I think they need to be a little less stringent on the item trading thing, but yeah, bad apples screwed themselves over ML. It’s not Blizzard making people not able to play nice together.

This is one issue I have always had with personal loot. If it’s an ilvl upgrade or not it should be my personal choice to trade or keep my personal loot.

2 Likes

I can understand going to personal loot but why lock me from trading what drops for me to other people if I want to? I’ve gotten into the same situation were something was a higher Ilvl but with bad stats for me that were good for someone else in the party.

3 Likes

I just wish they would not punish everyone for what the bad apples did. They could probably implement a ban on master loot and any addons like master loot. People already whisper me anyways when I get an item. They have addons that check to see if something is tradable and just auto message me.

I once told a guy on LFR that I am keeping an item because I want the transmog and that person proceeded to call me every name in the book he could think of.

I think social interactions like that never really stopped. They may have removed a single layer of the problem but the problem is still alive and well.

I do not think that the punishment to the players, guilds, communities fits the crime because the crime is still happening. It might be slightly less but it is still happening.

Don’t give them any ideas, next thing will be that all loot will be BoP

:sweat_smile: such is life

That’s what I’m saying. I understand why people want ML. I also understand why Blizz went PL but if we’re playing with PL rules, let the player decide what to do with their loot.