I will not spend over 100k on Legendary

Could just not spend the gold just get a lower ilvl peice that’s what I did for my alts since it reallly dosent matter all that much.

1 Like

So just buy a 235 or whatever is cheap on your server, what is the difference? Buying a max ilvl one is for farming slightly faster. If you aren’t farming, how much faster do you really need to farm? :stuck_out_tongue:

Politics has no place on these forums. Make your point without bringing up divisive topics. Religion and politics have no place here, and will only serve to get the thread shut down.

5 Likes

Actually, have to disagree with you on this point. It is the company’s fault. The whole legendary crafting system is utterly flawed:

1. Uses uncommon materials, LOTS of it.
  2. Requires leveling up with each type of gear.
  3. No way to turn lesser materials into the uncommon materials, which would have at least lessened the impact of 1).
  4. Is designed for farmers who have a LOT of time farming materials or other ways to get $$ to buy said materials on the AH.

This shows a basic, intentional design by Blizzard. In this case, I cannot fault the players who did put a lot of materials, money and effort into charging high prices given the lower legendaries are basically throwaways. I’m not going to pay those prices personally, and after my initial attempt to be able to create one piece of higher legendary gear I gave up as not worth my time and make due with basic Korthia gear.

Game design flaw, of which SL has many unfortunately. What this company needs is talented game designers who understand how to make workable systems that will appeal to the varying types of play.

That is what this game is lacking. They latched onto a formula and think forcing people to hamster wheel through repetitive systems == entertaining play.

So yes, definitely the company’s fault on this one either intentionally (which I believe) or due to incompetence.

20 Likes

It’s not even so much they’re lacking in talented designers, it’s just obvious they were ordered from on high to maximize profits through game design while Activision was cutting costs everywhere despite record earnings already.

5 Likes

In your analysis, you failed to mention the most egregious way blizzard drives up the price of legendary base items

I can’t disagree with that, unfortunately.

I have seen this at all levels in the corporate world as well. There’s this short-term gain mentality as well as the idea that management doesn’t need to understand the business, what their people do, what the product is, etc. They go for the short term wins, making decisions that are bad for long term. When things go south, they leave it for someone else to fix, or do the ‘oh, we’ll fix this now’ which they will do the bare minimum for whatever requirements there are.

Speaking from personal experience with the above. I don’t think this company is any different and it will remain to be seen if they actually do anything meaningful.

3 Likes

I’m glad you quoted this to preserve it for posterity.

Go with the lower item level legendary if you consider the higher ilvl to be unreasonably priced.

You’re right, it’s kind of crazy to be investing so much for something so temporary. These are the amounts I used to save/start saving for long term mounts.

The bright side? Though your stats will be lower, the legendary effect is not (unless something changed since I last checked). Going from the lowest ilvl to highest is at most a couple hundred dps boost.

You’ll be fine no matter what, just get carried.

Like some already pointed out just get a cheaper one. But in the end I agree the whole system is really awful. It’s what I’ve come to expect from blizzard… it’s gotten that bad.

A bunch of players in my previous guild sold tokens to afford buying the best ones. Not like they do keys above 20+ or any serious mythic raiding to begin with. It’s just the game manipulates people into thinking they NEED the best no matter what.

1 Like

I don’t think they cost that much if you make them yourself.

I think vendor mats are less than 7k or something.

You know he means the game is designed poorly, and that “Just don’t do it then” isn’t an answer.

The game is designed behind “Grind for X hours” and that’s bad. Especially when everything is tossed immediately after.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m not saying that I do or don’t agree with you, it’s just that this isn’t the place. I see enough political and religious arguments and having one haven where I don’t have to see that crap is kind of nice.

I’m looking forward to the expansion that doesn’t have legendary items and similar systems.

10 Likes

I will never spent gold on temporary items ever, especially legendaries that are only good for a single raid tier–absolutely ridiculous.

''So much gold ‘’ ‘’ 100 000 golds for a patch ‘’

Patch last 6 months + , but you can do what you want

The 235 legendries from S1 will probably be better than any 278 or 285 raid item in that slot next tier

You don’t need to get the highest ilvl legendary ya know.

I have a question guys , 100 000 golds for 6 Months + of use is too much for you ?