I will not spend over 100k on Legendary

For less then one patch of gameplay. What is this company’s problem? They are promoting needing to remake legendarys in different slots every patch and what’s even more annoying is this expansion is awful and I don’t want to spend so much gold just to play it.

137 Likes

Then…don’t.

You don’t have to spend anything. It’s a game. Do what you want.

There is not even an announcement for 9.2 yet. There is plenty of time to farm out and craft your own piece if that is an issue. You could also… you know… not recraft your current one.

Are you a mythic raider? pushing +25’s? Glad? Then you’ll be fine.

32 Likes

I don’t find “just be worse” as an argument. This tactic feels life it’s just exploiting the remaining few who play.

101 Likes

You can craft the items yourself. Just throwin’ that option out there.

6 Likes

There are still a lot who play.

Not everything is doomsday lol. All MMOs require grind to min/max your character. Maybe it’s just not your genre?

5 Likes

Tbf, even though I buy them I still find the legendary crafting system the stupidest gold sink I’ve ever seen, one which is mandatory for player that enjoy high-end gameplay.

54 Likes

It’s not the company’s fault some of the players are greedy.

You can also craft your own, or stick with what ya got. You have options, including taking a break till next expansion to express your dissatisfaction.

4 Likes

Technically not a gold sink, it’s going from one player to another. A gold sink would be taking money out of the player economy, like the brutosaur.

8 Likes

Legendary items should not be a thing. They should be restricted to extraordinarily rare drops from bosses like Sylvanas bow.
The concept of changing playstyles should come from conduits instead. We don’t need all these systems at once.

42 Likes

It is sinking my gold though :weary:

Yeah, I use that term loosely, but it doesn’t stop it from being stupid.

6 Likes

Then don’t do it. Gear was always temporary, Transmog/Mounts/Titles are what you should go for.

6 Likes

Well, if you’re not going to invest the time or resources to improve your character, not sure what else you expect to happen

3 Likes

I’ll see your “not spending over 100k on legendary” and raise you “not even going to play 9.2.”

32 Likes

here’s a secret. the ilvl of your legendary hardly increases your damage. You can have a base that costs around 10-15k. which is maybe 210 or 235.

Pretty much what I do anyway.

6 Likes

It’s convenient how the cost in mats for legendaries is just a bit under the average cost of a token. Hopefully with this acquisition the development philosophy of “encouraging people to buy tokens” is scrapped.

15 Likes

The milk token strikes agane.

5 Likes

It’s not necessary. The “legendary” ability doesn’t change with item level, the only thing you’re missing out on is minimal primary and secondary stats and some stamina. I was running mythic raids this tier with last tier’s legendaries and did just fine.

Not that I agree or even like this current legendary setup. I hope they NEVER do something like that again. There were better ways to make crafting professions relevant again.

5 Likes

Stop.

No.

The second legendary does not have to be a belt.

You can get the Memory of Unity, take it to the Runecarver, and make the “second legendary” in any slot you want.

You do not have to remake your current legendary, you can keep it and still have another one.

We all clear on that?

3 Likes

Don’t.

/thread 10 chars thing.

deleted…didnt realize where I was posting and how badly some like to MANGLE the POINT being made lmao

2 Likes