I went back to Retail

There are people who likes easy games, so good for you.

You want a cookie?

1 Like

So in your mind this game was doomed from the start because they were VERY CLEAR on what this was going to be.

Some people are just never happy with life, I guess.

1 Like

Subjectively, for you. Which is great for you.

Subjective for me, I’m still having an utter blast in WOW Classic. Nostalgia or not, it is the far superior gaming experience for me. I don’t have Retail installed. Even if, months from now, I hit a point where I burn out on WOW Classic, I won’t be installing Retail. I’ve got dozens of other (non-Blizzard) games I consider more fun.

7 Likes

been playing both since classic released.

Wait…let me guess lol, Classic is super hard right ? ahhh Yikes

2 Likes

The leveling experience is the most fun aspect of a MMORPG (IMO), and retails fails horribly in that regard (among other things).

5 Likes

Just because BFA is at the end of its cycle and blizz is bending over backwards to catch people up, doesn’t mean Classic bad and retail good.

I’m playing a bit of retail atm, but I’m not quiting Classic or my guild. Retail is still a solo slog when catching up, or switching main and trying to get a pathfinder achievement to fly.

Pressing more buttons in retail doesn’t make up for less community. Classic still has that in spades.

1 Like

hot take: retail isnt as bad as classic community thinks
doing 1 mechanic bosses in MC and BWL every week vs doing M+, Raids, actual PvP etc is enjoyable

5 Likes

I guess for me it depends on what you’re looking for. Retail probably has superior game play and mechanics, but it’s missing that RPG aspect that Classic has. Some people value one over the other and that’s fine.

2 Likes

If that were the case they’d have stuck with Classic.

6 Likes

To be fair, in retail the easy stuff is really easy. But the hardest stuff is really hard. It gives you some of both.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about it trust me. Problem lies in the GM has invested so much gold in our gear as we leveled because we have missions and tasks that we get rewarded with. I feel like I’d be contributing to his severe let down because all of us are leaving. It was a good idea in theory, but not practical without good organization.

One guildie described it as a noose around our necks to keep us roped in. I’ve been toying with the idea of finding a better guild trust me. I’ll wait and see over the next bit. Ty for replying.

3 Likes

So u took gear and things from ur raid. Nice did u at least give ur gold away?

Dude - look for a regular raiding guild where you won’t be a reserve/sitting on the bench. When you find one you like (try it before leaving your current guild), leave your guild. If your GM is absent, he’s failed you. And to be honest, a Rogue-only guild was a mistake from the start. If you want to raid, which it sounds like you do, start making moves to leave your guild. Either that, or you’ll end up quitting the game over something you could have fixed and chose not to.

4 Likes

Good points man. Trust me, I’m with you 100%. I don’t want to leave Classic. I’ve been having a blast here. <3

People have different opinions about what they think is considered fun in a game? Crazy, crazy times.

2 Likes

I tried playing retail last month and got bored in 15 minutes

2 Likes

I’ve never seen as many reserves as I have since Classic launched. I think this game would be so much better if it had 2004-2006’s community.

4 Likes

Ya man. It’s proving to be a huge barrier atm.