I went back to Retail

When classic launched I was one of the thousands who waited for servers to go up for hours. But after a couple of months, I realized Blizzard was right. I thought I wanted classic but actually I didn’t. I just wanted the nostalgia and it wore off fast. And now comparing from my point of view, retail is more fun in almost every aspect. Most of the things I criticized about killing WoW actually made it survive and a better game.

28 Likes

At least you got to be here for all the AV drama.

8 Likes

Okay. /bye

55 Likes

Okay? Thanks for sharing I guess.

27 Likes

Yea,just choose what shty version of the game you want to play.

8 Likes

Cool, from my point of view retail is an irredeemable dumpster fire.

83 Likes

You probably have gambling issues if you like retail

29 Likes

I wanted a remastered and improved version of Classic. But they took the lazy road and now we have to fight for basic support like banning the bots. Such a shame.

2 Likes

Ive tried playing retail, I got flying for this current expansion by farming the mecha rep and nazjatar. I have nearly every class to max level. I still play classic daily though, even though I hate my main on classic. Alliance is trash in bg’s, and the pvp system is a joke.

I recently unsubbed, and it runs out in a couple days. I think im just going to play a new game until Shadowlands comes out. Oh well.

2 Likes

And that is fine, nothing wrong with retail if that is what you like.

If nothing else you got a nice trip down memory lane out of your visit here.

I wish i could like retail, but i just can’t, i dont like the gameplay.

17 Likes

You wanted a remastered version before they announced Classic? Because when it was announced they very clearly explained their design philosophy.

12 Likes

nice opinion.

not one i share tho

8 Likes

I haven’t left classic, but I’m stuck between the two.

You see, I’m in a rogue only guild. It was shared that we would be invited in to raiding guilds to raid. That hasn’t happened. Instead, we’re pugging end game content, and having to face reserves most of the time. We’ve been losing members, and the whole end game climb has me wondering what I’m going to do. There is a lot of other stuff that I have not shared, but the way it’s set up around me makes the end game climb 10x harder to progress.

Plus, I was pvping a lot and it was just premades, and I was being camped to oblivion. I tried getting in to them, but the active ones are super clicky, and look down on pre-raid 60’s trying to advance themselves.

Been playing on retail tonight just to check it out. Pvping a lot, and it’s been going smoothly. Win some, lose some.

Going to think on this, but I’m discouraged on Classic with the announcement of TBC, and how fast the content is coming out. With the speed it’s going to go cause of my guild situation, oh boy… I’ll add, the reason I won’t just gquit is because the GM is super nice, and has invested a lot of money in to us, but he’s so absent. Hard to stay motivated when the life line of the guild isn’t around.

It’s killin it for me. Sad cause I was having tons of fun, but with our numbers declining rapidly. People getting out to other guilds to raid, and one guy just vanish transferred. Others are feeling it.

3 Likes

I don’t have gambling issues and classic is far more rng then retail lol

4 Likes

Improved by whose standards?

2 Likes

ah, so you couldn’t deal with not getting the instant gratification. GL in retail.

10 Likes

Can I have your classic gold?

3 Likes

Mate, do yourself a favour and join a regular raiding guild.

Sounds like you guys had a cool concept on paper that was always going to result in an unsatisfying end-game experience

6 Likes

You’re going to let some artificial intelligence choose your gear, progress your character, and the group of people you play with?

Might as well let it dps for you. Oh wait it does that too.

8 Likes

These are the opinions that are trying to change the game because they wont find regular groups…

2 Likes