I watched 2 new players quit pvp in real time

I was leveling my hunter through bgs and there was a hunter on our team LITERALLY 1 shotting everybody with arcane shot.

And there were these 2 taurens in questing gear 0 honor level true new players to pvp people who had never touched it before and after dying like 6 times instantly they both just left the bg.

People may say that low level twinking and especially what ever these guys with shadowlands gear are doing isn’t detrimental or harming anybody but i’d argue its actually a massive detriment to the pvp scene at least and the whole game at worst.

Because new players unlike a majority of other people in this game are still on the fence on wether to keep playing or not and when they have some sweat in shadowlands gear 1 shotting them it probably pushes them off toward the “nah i think i’ll go play something else” side. and the reason the pvp scene especially solo shuffle is so dead is cause we have 0 new blood coming in and this could be a huge reason why.

So maybe we should fix it

24 Likes

FRAAM watched you quit Ashran
When CC killed you three times in
Ashran.
At the HORDE MAGE TOWER.
At the FOURTH FLAG.
In the ALLIANCE MAGE
TOWER!
Sometimes you just hide at the SOLAR SPHERE!!
Wow ENDER’S OR IS IT CHARMING, now???)
FRAAM Is Impressed With YOUR STYLE!!
What is your NAME going to BE NEXT
MONTH!!!
FRAAM IS SO EXCITED TO SEE!!!

Um CHEER’S :boom:

1 Like

I never left the bg i just stopped going in

1 Like

This forum is basically the “witness me” guys in Fury Road - you’re absolutely right but you’ll end up railroaded worse than a bad monopoly player

2 Likes

Wow you are owning LEAVING ALL YOUR
CO-ALLIANCE PLAYER’s because, WHY???
Where is the PRIDE in FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

FRAAM will DIE, FOR THE HORDE!!!
Any time, any place, ALL THE TIME!!!
We BELIVE IN THE WOW CODE!!
YOU do what you need TO DO!!!

You saw it folk’s!!!
IF CHARMING DOESN’T LIKE WHAT
HE SEE’s in EPIC’S. HE WILL leave
And not accept the QUE.
You are on your own!!!

CHEER’S
THE FRAAMCISRLOO

2 Likes

Totally agree with you, but most of the players on here are all for themselves and are part of the problem, not the solution. Don’t expect much support.

3 Likes

FRAAM IS FOR THE HORDE!
FRAAM HAS A CODE!
FRAAM TRIES TO FOLLOW
THE WOW CODE OF HONOR!!!
We will make mistakes!
We ARE WILLING TO Apologise
And continue onward!!!

can i have their stuff?

My man literally writting poems and nobody cares, thats sad.

Take my like.

3 Likes

You are so generous to the FRAAM…
Thank you!!!
Cheer’s

Actually agree with this

1 Like

It’s on blizz to fix it. But they allowed level 70s to sync down… and then you have these peeps coming on the forums saying “its ok git gud”… so yada yada…

But yeah, playing leveling BGs when the vast majority of people were in the same boat with gear and skill level was fun. I feel bad for new players in this game.

1 Like

this happens to everyone enfers lots of players leave bgs geared or not tbh

on one hand, a positive initial experience greatly increases the odds someone will stick with something difficult, on the other hand, artificially generating this experience is against the nature of pvp and competition. a positive initial experience in pvp is impossible to artificially generate without compromising the gameplay experience of another player or lying to the player.

additionally, one has to question if you even should make pvp an inviting experience for people who don’t have the will to overcome adversity.

2 Likes

It should be noted that this opinion is far enough removed from reality that it now features at the end of Chris Nolan’s Interstellar.

There are two types of people in this world…folks that get farmed and then throw their hands up and quit and folks that get farmed and are like “I’m never goona let this happen to me again”, they go out and read some PvP guides on how to play and gear and eventually get good at it through sheer will.

Everyone here at some point has had their butts handed to them by folks who are better geared or just plain better players, greifers, campers, etc., but it didn’t drive them to quit…It drove them to get better at it. And frankly, that what makes the PvP community great. We are all a bunch of salty MFers because we all went through the ringer. You don’t get that way by having things handed to you.

PvP isn’t for everyone, and thats fine. You gotta find out somehow.

…also, HI, FRAAM!!!

2 Likes

Armored Core is number 1 on steam right now, proving that people do in fact want to face a challenge and are more than willing to put up with up front difficulty, even highly negative initial experiences with steep learning curves.

you need to stop using “but what about the new players” as an excuse to attack players for simply getting good at a game mode they enjoy. getting good is not something people should be stigmatized for, its the goal you should be encouraging.

1 Like

You are missing the mark these players in shadowlands gear running around quite literally 1 shotting everyone experienced and new alike are not “Good” or “getting good” at the game they are just plain exploiting.

There is no counter play to getting straight up 1 shotted by arcane shot and if that doesn’t work dying in 2 hits from rapid fire

2 Likes

and i bet blizzard will respond with another 10% marks buff

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, can you explain how you would attract and incentivize players into PVP then? Pretend you are the CEO of WoW PVP; how do you make the business grow?