I was just held hostage in a m+...help?

I wish, it was a traumatic experience

You can literally be banned for multiple ppl reporting you without a human reviewing the ban at all. So yes, your account could have been locked until you appealed it.

Theyā€™re on record stating they will abuse the report function because you didnā€™t give them a piece of loot that you have zero requirement to give them. If this is the whole of your story then you are entirely innocent here.

1 Like

No, mass reports may work in other games, but not wow. They could get banned for even just saying that.

No, but thatā€™s harassment and you could and should have reported them for it. It takes far more than 4 reports to be banned by the automated system. Report and block kids like this.

1 Like

You shouldā€™ve just emote massaged each of their shoulders as you were hearthing, only silence, oh and eye contact. Maybe add a little groan right before the end of the cast.

1 Like

That was your big mistake. Should not have given them the ring. But nothing to worry about.
Although I would report them for harassing/bullying you into giving them the ring. The threatened you by saying that they were going to report you if you didnā€™t give them the ring. So right there is two violations of the TOS. Threats and abusing the Report/Ticket system.

This community is complete garbage

1 Like

Is this a real question?

Yes, it seems like i canā€™t get in trouble but im still nervous

One time I had a guy try to beg a raid boe off me. I put him on ignore as soon as he got irate at me telling him for all I knew he was going to sell it and I needed it for an alt. I think he may have genuinely not understood it was a boe but I didnā€™t have time for that.

Obviously nothing happened other than my ignore list grew by one. Donā€™t say anything naughty to these people and you can jack them at their own game by reporting them if need be.

:roll_eyes:

Did you watch those videos you linked?

Dont be nervous about fake events.

Thatā€™s not a ban. Thatā€™s a automated silence. Although there is also automated squelches but Iā€™m unclear on the what the difference is.

Blizz will very rarely ever permanently ban/indefinitely suspend people anymore. Most severe suspensions are probably around the 6 month mark. Perhaps a year at most from what I hear. The moment you start talking about multiple year ā€œsuspensionsā€, then I would consider that a ifsofacto ban. Iā€™ve seen reports of ā€œsuspensionsā€ that would only expire after a few hundred years lol.