I was just held hostage in a m+...help?

I was running with 4 dudes who were in a guild together, 3 were ok gear kinda average but 1 was pretty low i guess they were carrying him. Anyways we completed the dungeon and at the end i got a piece of loot that wasnt an ilvl upgrade but was a secondary stat upgrade so i wanted to keep it. I said gg and was hearthing and they said “hey need that ring?” I say yes because secondary stat and they said they will 4x report me and get me banned for not trading it to their buddy. Can i really get banned for this?

15 Likes

Hopefully you did not use any language that violates the social contract. If not, then you have nothing to worry about.

My response would have been to let the hearth continue, drop the party and go on with my day :slight_smile:

73 Likes

No. Just put them on ignore, don’t respond to them and report them.

26 Likes

How is this you being held hostage?

Also no you can’t get banned for it.

13 Likes

Absolutely not.

Your loot is YOUR loot to do with as you please.

You can only get banned for scamming people or exploiting the game. None of that happened.

17 Likes

No

Or if you do, it would be for something you said in chat that you aren’t mentioning here.

3 Likes

No you will not get banned and if you got screenshots of that, put it in a GM ticket. Abusing the report system they don’t take lightly.

21 Likes

What is goin’ on with your hat? You look amazing!
I gotta get one of those.
:dracthyr_comfy_sip:

3 Likes

a few days later: “banned for toxicity”

3 Likes

Pretty sure you are just trolling. No you wont get banned or anything like that if they report you for looting personal loot or an item you won . If anything screenshot them threatening you and they will be the ones receiving a ban for harassment and making threats. Never respond to people like that. Add them to ignore and find a different group. People always ask for things I win in raids. Most of the time I just ignore them. It is also why people leave raids right after winning some high demand item. People can suck pretty hard sometimes… Especially the entitled generation.

6 Likes

Report them for reporting and run away with your ring

6 Likes

Man when i thot i seen it all lol

So i can’t be banned by them?

1 Like

never join any guild pugs. Never. Ever. Only groups of individuals. Same for pugging raids.

3 Likes

idk…how many potatos did you plant…j/king your not gonna get banned. :smile:

2 Likes

Just a tip but another option is don’t loot the chests, if you get loot it gets mailed to you. You can hold shift and click the chest and loot the fragments but it will turn off auto loot on any gear groups, just leave it in the chest.

2 Likes

Nope! Do NOT give in. They can actually get banned for doing that, report them instead.

4 Likes

your loot is YOUR loot.
nobody else gets to choose what you do with it.

gosh no.
…but the GM reading the tickets would get to have a good laugh, and hopefully action them for abusing the report function.

grats on your loot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It should not be possible. However, it would not surprise me if it happened, because I recently had an account banned with no recourse and apparently no appeal. The email said they had done a full investigation, but clearly they hadn’t, or they would have seen I never did what they were claiming I did.

Unless you want to trade it to your friends, in which case that isn’t allowed, because reasons.

1 Like